Just because this was getting buried.
It's also not that exciting, yet. ;)

Here are the best images:

DSC_0830.JPG

DSC_0829.JPG

DSC_0835.JPG

And another good angle of the massive station building:

DSC_0826..jpg

EDIT: Images above from MidwestInfoGuide, here: http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/05/time-traveler-track-hung.html

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
By the way, and sorry if it is a silly question, but why is Silver Dollar City abbreviated in the thread title? It's not like it's a particularly long name, nor a very recognizeable park worldwide. I can understand using abbreviation to save room in the case of SFMM and maybe BPB (but then only because this forum has a British majority), but Silver Dollar City can be spelled out in full. Especially when the thread two threads below it has the long and complicated title "Family Duel Racer | Wildlands Adventure Zoo Emmen | Vekoma Dueling Family Boomerang" (by the way, that title is out of order too, according to the convention of "Park | Ride name | Ride type". If a mod is going to address the issue anyway...).

Anyway, nice to see track installed here! If this is indeed a spinner, it will be among the most notable ones out there. Spinning coasters tend to be small, compact and on flat land, so it's great to see a large one sprawled across a hillside. Huge station building too!

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Here are the best images:

One photo is sufficient if you think you must - posting the entire update is rude to the origin site - or at least it's viewed as being rude in the States.

By the way, and sorry if it is a silly question, but why is Silver Dollar City abbreviated in the thread title? It's not like it's a particularly long name, nor a very recognizeable park worldwide.

Because in the mainstream, everyone knows SDC = Silver Dollar City? It's a very well known park and is a yearly Golden Ticket Award Winner. Surprised you needed to ask.

But I'll go change the title for you, because I'm nice and reasons.

Lofty

CF Legend
Do you know what is rude? The way you talk to members on here. I think you'll find that when it comes to CF, people don't want to have to open new windows and go back and forth to different forums, and we have a rule of posting the origin of the content in a link, so it really makes absolutely no difference.

Instead of getting a stick up your arse every time someone questions you over anything, why not just reply in a nice civil manner and discuss things with them.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Because in the mainstream, everyone knows SDC = Silver Dollar City? It's a very well known park and is a yearly Golden Ticket Award Winner. Surprised you needed to ask.

Well, it is obvious if you pay close attention to the wide spectrum of acronyms and have extensive knowledge of mid-size parks in faraway locations, but it's not something I'd expect any aspiring enthusiast to know. It's not an as well-known acronym as, say, B&M, IoA, SFGadv, or GCI. I think thread titles should be easy enough to understand for any newbie stumbling across the site, and even as a more veteran CF-er, I sometimes have to think twice when I see acronyms like FL, PA, TP, or SFA. And with the possible exception of the latter, those parks are discussed way more than Silver Dollar City on this site. I think that in thread titles, clarity for the masses should trump convenience for the insiders. Especially when there's no need to reserve space to fit in the thread title (using SF instead of Six Flags is acceptable, for instance, as long as the unique name of the park is spelled out).

And as for the Golden Tickets, we all know they're the laughing stock of theme park fandom. It's not like anybody pays particular attention to winners, even serial winners.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Mind you - it was the moderators that named it SDC. But whatever. I'm glad thread titles are so important here. lol?

Ben

CF Legend
You know what that sound is?

It's the noise of Swoosh losing all integrity when he used the Golden Tickets in an argument.

Also there's no such thing as the amount of photos quoted from a site being 'rude in the States', that's the most idiotic thing ever. Also, Hixee is a mod, so.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Do you know what is rude? The way you talk to members on here. I think you'll find that when it comes to CF, people don't want to have to open new windows and go back and forth to different forums, and we have a rule of posting the origin of the content in a link, so it really makes absolutely no difference.

Instead of getting a stick up your arse every time someone questions you over anything, why not just reply in a nice civil manner and discuss things with them.

Obviously a cultural difference. Since this is a Brit based board I'll have to defer to your expertise. If you want me to post a sample I can do that, but it's rude to post an entire update without consent.

Lofty

CF Legend
Obviously a cultural difference. Since this is a Brit based board I'll have to defer to your expertise. If you want me to post a sample I can do that, but it's rude to post an entire update without consent.
I really don't see this logic, I think it's more a personal issue than a cultural issue in all honesty. I have never before seen anybody boot off over this issue, apart from TPR, but they've always had a right go when content is used from their forums.

The way I see it, if credit is given, there's absolutely no issue. I suggest that if you don't like this way of working, then CF is not for you - because complaining about it and calling much more senior members (not to mention one of the mods) of the forum 'rude' just won't cut it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Topic renamed to follow the format of the other topics in Roller Coaster Construction. Apologies that this was abbreviated at first @Pokemaniac, must have slipped through the net! @Swoosh, we try not to put too much of the park's info in the title as it just clutters the forum up. I've trimmed it down to just "Silver Dollar City".

While you're here - you know what I find a little rude? Simply posting straight links to your site.
One photo is sufficient if you think you must - posting the entire update is rude to the origin site - or at least it's viewed as being rude in the States.
Firstly - as far as I can tell, that update was 37 photos and I posted 4. I think by any culture's definition, that's not the whole update. It's not even close. ;) There are plenty of other good photos on your site, that people who are interested can go and view. I do stand in error, that I should have linked to your site again, and I apologise for that. I had assumed it was obvious I was referring to your link above. I've amended my post.

Secondly - As for the cultural differences, get over yourself. It's nothing to do with culture (Europe/America/etc), it's just to do with your attitude, and I don't think any of us appreciate being grouped together like that.

There are lots of members who aren't going to click away to another site (not to mention those members that use CF almost exclusively on mobile). Why not simply share one or two images on here too, as well as linking to your site? VHCoasters/Roomraider has been doing that for years and it's a perfect way to share content and get people looking at your site. We're more than happy to have other enthusiast sites sharing content, but CF isn't just a place for you to drive hits to your site. I do follow the link every time you post, because you've got great stuff to share. Surely it's better if you gave more people an incentive to check out your full reports? You've been extremely diligent in posting updates for this coaster, and seem to be providing some excellent views from the park. This is an exciting project, and I think it would be a huge shame to lose your contributions. It would be nice, however, if you could give us some reason to click through to your site.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
By the way, and sorry if it is a silly question, but why is Silver Dollar City abbreviated in the thread title? It's not like it's a particularly long name, nor a very recognizeable park worldwide. I can understand using abbreviation to save room in the case of SFMM and maybe BPB (but then only because this forum has a British majority), but Silver Dollar City can be spelled out in full. Especially when the thread two threads below it has the long and complicated title "Family Duel Racer | Wildlands Adventure Zoo Emmen | Vekoma Dueling Family Boomerang" (by the way, that title is out of order too, according to the convention of "Park | Ride name | Ride type". If a mod is going to address the issue anyway...).

Ok, well to start things off, like 1% of all people have heard of this park, so if it was abbreviated they obviously wouldn't understand what it means. Secondly, not that it REALLY matters, but I've re-arranged the topic title correctly.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ok, well to start things off, like 1% of all people have heard of this park, so if it was abbreviated they obviously wouldn't understand what it means. Secondly, not that it REALLY matters, but I've re-arranged the topic title correctly.
I think I'd already covered this in my post. I sorted out the topic name moments after making my post, so I'm not sure what you were editing? (Not that you should have the permissions to do so anyway).

Swoosh

Mega Poster

Moot point here, but this was the park that started the wooden coasters with inversion craze that we are currently in -- REAL wooden coasters, not wooden structured coasters with steel tracks -- I'm pretty sure most people have heard of Outlaw Run and know that it is located at Silver Dollar City.

davidm

Strata Poster
Moot point here, but this was the park that started the wooden coasters with inversion craze that we are currently in -- REAL wooden coasters, not wooden structured coasters with steel tracks -- I'm pretty sure most people have heard of Outlaw Run and know that it is located at Silver Dollar City.
Umm, I think you are actually referring to ATI referring to the other park he was going on about in a different thread (i.e. 'Wildlands Adventure Zoo Emmen') not SDC (altho WAZE sounds quite good doesn't it?).
Not your fault; ATI was making it rather confusing to follow what he is talking about. ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yes, yes he was. ;)

Okay, enough of this off-topic stuff, let's get back to speculating about this coaster and watching it go up. :)