What's new

Silver Dollar City | Fireman's Landing | New area & rides

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I'm posting this here for now until we know exactly what is being built. It could be a new ride or an entirely new area opening in 2015.

It's going in behind the Geyser Gulch area, as you can see from the fencing and tarps that have been erected.

1b.JPG

Land clearing is well underway and the construction site looks fairly large extending from the back of Geyser Gulch to the train tracks.

6b.JPG

7b.JPG

8b.JPG

9b.JPG

10b.JPG

12b.JPG

Source: http://midwestinfoguide.com/silver/2014/04.05/

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Silver Dollar City | Project 2015 | New area/ride?

^I don't know why you can't see the photos, but I did post the source link. You might want to clicky that for the "evidence". :wink:

bmac

Giga Poster

ECG said:
^I don't know why you can't see the photos, but I did post the source link. You might want to clicky that for the "evidence". :wink:

You should make those images work, you're overwhelming him. :--D

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster

ECG said:

It was a joke. :goon: :wink:

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Silver Dollar City Expansion

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 44351.html

BRANSON, Mo., Aug. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In a major announcement today, new for 2015, Silver Dollar City presents Fireman's Landing, an $8 million development with 10 new family adventures in an all-new area, plus the world famous Harlem Globetrotters in their first-ever extended-run show, making 2015 the park's biggest family year ever.

Set to open in Spring 2015, Fireman's Landing substantially increases the park's attractions, adding 10 family adventures in all. The new area has six family rides and four interactive play zones for kids and families in a highly themed area, saluting the spirit and training activities of community volunteer firefighters. The area, with theming recognizing the contributions of community heroes who serve as firefighters, is an 1880s volunteer recruitment fair, with rides and attractions for ages 3 to 93.

In June, Silver Dollar City's family-focused festival Star-Spangled Summer features slam-dunk hit entertainment with the Harlem Globetrotters headlining, performing in an exhibition of basketball expertise. This will be the first time for the team to present a basketball experience encapsulated into thirty-minute performances presented three times daily for six weeks, showcasing highlights from the Globetrotters' one-of-a-kind touring show. The legendary world-touring team, with an 88-year tradition of family entertainment, will exhibit their trademark basketball wizardry in a unique and innovative display of amazing skills, athleticism and humor.

"We know that families want adventures and activities they can experience together. With our new, unique Fireman's Landing area and the global popularity of the Harlem Globetrotters, 2015 will be Silver Dollar City's biggest family year ever," said Silver Dollar City General Manager Brad Thomas.

Fireman's Landing

Fireman's Landing expands into a new previously undeveloped region of the park, adding 10 family adventures -- six family rides and four interactive play zones. The development brings the number of the park's rides and attractions to over 40 and increases ride capacity to over 21,000 per hour.

Centered around the headquarters of "Fire Station #3," rides include Fire Spotter, with soaring balloons for spotting fire dangers; Fire Wagon Frenzy, a bouncing ride for bucket brigade volunteers; FireFall, an 8-story fire tower free-fall drop ride for the more daring recruits; Roundabout, a bouncy ride on Dalmatians racing around a fire hydrant; Up The Ladder, a smaller tower drop ride for junior recruits; and Fireman's Flyers, a low-flying swing ride for little firefighters.

Attractions include Firehouse Splash Yard, with squirting water jets and pump hoses; Firefighter's Fire Drill, with buckets, pumpers, foam ball cannons and targets for showering mock fires; Firefighter's Fire Escape, an obstacle course of tubes, mazes, climbing structures and slides, and Firefighter's Junior Fire Escape, a soft play area for toddlers.

Harlem Globetrotters

The Harlem Globetrotters, founded in 1926, are celebrating their 88th consecutive year, continuing a world famous tradition of ball handling wizardry, basketball artistry and one-of-a-kind family entertainment. The Globetrotters became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Silver Dollar City parent company Herschend Family Entertainment in 2013. After 88 years, over 25,000 games, six continents and 122 countries and territories, the team has become one of the most recognizable franchises in sports and entertainment. For the latest information about the Harlem Globetrotters, and to purchase tickets and team merchandise, visit the Globetrotters' official Web site: www.harlemglobetrotters.com.

Silver Dollar City is an 1880s-style theme park in Branson, Missouri, featuring 7 world-class festivals and events, 100 resident craftsmen demonstrating America's heritage crafts, rides from high-speed thrills to an authentic steam train, music and entertainment, all in a park-like setting. The park has been internationally awarded numerous times for excellence in theme, presentation and operations, including the worldwide Applause Award for excellence and the THEA Award (Themed Entertainment Association).

Silver Dollar City opens for select days in March, and then opens the regular season with World-Fest presenting performers from around the world beginning in April. Information: 800-831-4FUN, www.silverdollarcity.com.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Silver Dollar City | Fireman's Landing | New area & ride

Some of the park's artwork:

pr-keyart.jpg

pr-shottower.jpg

10487339_10152618890865119_7493358287295187838_n.png

peep

CF Legend

That artwork is amazing.

Seems a little weird that they'd now have two fireman themed areas though.

Snoo

The Legend

Best part is the park will actually look like the artwork. :)

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Nice to see a smaller S&S tower built, they tend to be better.

Lofty

CF Legend

I wonder why the theme of 'Firefighters' was chosen? For something that's somewhat 'out of the ordinary', we've had two 'rustic american' parks create two new attractions based on such a theme. I like it actually, it certainly looks to fit with both parks (Dollywood and Silver Dollar City).

therick311

Mega Poster

SDC can actually take the fire theme and work it into their own history/lore. If my memory serves me correctly, SDC is on the site of the former city of Marmoros, which burnt to the ground some time in the 1800's. Fire in the Hole tells the story/lore of these events.

Lofty

CF Legend

^ That's the educated post I actually wanted to see, thank you :D