What's new

Sicily | Etnaland | Theme Park

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Re: Etnaland Theme Park - Sicily - 2013

I need to go to get to this park when it opens, everythink about it, is just perfect.
Plus I need some more decent creds.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Well, that Haunted School attraction sounds very, very bizzare!

Schools out for summer? Not at Etnaland. The Italian theme park on the isle of Sicily is to open a new dark ride themed around a haunted school.
The interactive attraction, supplied by Gosetto, will feature eight classroom scenes, each dedicated to a different academic subject. Riders must answer exam questions to accumulate points during the ride. But before they start riders will have the chance to quell any pre-exam “nerves” by visiting the bathroom!
Gosetto will not only provide the ride system but also the theming throughout the attraction. Twelve 4-seater rotating ride vehicles will be used, themed as school desks. Construction is due to be made on site soon following test runs at the Gosetto factory in the north of Italy
The theme will be a school populated with 8 scenes

hd1.jpg

hd3.jpg

:?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Ha ha! Brilliant, that sounds epic.

What a fantastic park this is turning into!

Lofty

CF Legend

WTAF?
I had high hopes for that, they've been shot down in flames. It sounds so **** stupid. A part of me kind of loves it.

bmac

Giga Poster

This is turning out to be quite an interesting little park. Hope it does well because Italy is quite a starved country for good theme parks.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Mirabilandia, Gardaland, Rainbow Magicland...

peep

CF Legend

Any sign that mine train will get any of that cool looking theming seen in the concept art?

The haunted school ride sounds amazing and very original.

Yes Italy has some pretty awesome large parks but they're all pretty well spread out and considering this is on a different island that (to my knowledge) has never had a theme park before I think it'll do well.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Wow, this park looks to be coming along really nicely!

Lofty

CF Legend

I am genuinely excited to see the construction of this park. I've got high hopes for it.

Jake

Strata Poster

Yeah, even though it's in Italy, Sicily is more like its own country to be honest (unless they ever get off their puffer jacket wearing arses and build the bridge/tunnel, then it won't be as isolated).

Generally though, Italy doesn't really have as many parks as it should have. Remember, even though the population is around the same as that of the UK, the northern parks have a catchment area extending into neighbouring countries. Until Rainbow Magicland opened there was fack all in the south really. Anyway, this is Sicily so is rather irrelevant. There's definitely room for another large park on the mainland though.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
This looks like an awesome park, I have been to Sicily once before and think I might go to this park when it opens!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Am I the only one who keep reading "Etnoland" and imagine it as a place full of thinly veiled racial stereotypes?