What's new

Shubinine's dev topic [Cold Front [WIP] pics page 8]

Shubinine

Mega Poster
Re: Shubinine's dev topic [Vampire's Hunt Download Link pg.

^ Oh, u're the one that made the red dragon right?

Shubinine

Mega Poster

^ I just love that ride :p

Dearly beloved.... We have gathered here today...

acridev2110816162001000.png

acridev2110816161902003.png

acridev2110816161845002.png

acridev2110816161837001.png

acridev2110816161829000.png

So... This is an Intamin LSM that gets you to over 130 km/h in a 75 meters high top hat, then trough 5 inversions, 2 ejector airtime hills, and much more. The train has an avg speed on the track of about 100 km/h...

Oh, the supports on the Top Hat will be improved until the next update. I think this might be ready for release on Monday.

What do you think?

Ethan

Strata Poster

Well I like the launch fins. Did you make them or download them. If so, where? I can't be bothered to make my own in Sketchup right now!

I kinda like it, but the shaping on the Top Hat is :(

Ethan

Strata Poster

Ah I love you! Great because i'm currently working on a B&M Invert which is slightly similar to yours :D

Ethan

Strata Poster

It wasn't THAT bad, seeing as if I remember correctly it was your first invert using Newton 2. This is my first overall! I have never bothered to build them, but now I am :D The layout on mine is a bit meh, so it won't make yours look terrible :) I'm guessing your invert was just themed to water, yeah?

bob_3_

Giga Poster

I think you've used brake fins instead of launch fins.

Shubinine

Mega Poster

Actually those in the picture ARE the brakes, the LSM's are coming out of the tunnel.

Here's an up close

acridev2110816190553000.png

^^ That was my very first Newton coaster too, never did any before that.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Shubinine, I'm guessing you can't change the colour of those B&M addons?

Shubinine

Mega Poster

Actually i think you can. Tell me your MSN / skype / yahoo and we can talk there.

Xpress

Strata Poster

bob_3_ said:
B&M uses very round and concise pullups

I'm not sure what you mean by this Xpress. If you mean that the bottoms of the hills have a similar radius throughout then have a look at the more modern hypers. Yes some of the older ones have quite a rounded bottom, but take Intimidator's first drop for example. It flattens out a little at the bottom, I assume this is the same reason why the hills appear to have a small point at the top of them.

Instead of having the highest point of force right at the lowest point (which would create that round shape) the newer B&Ms grab the higher force early on and then maintain it across the bottom. Obviously the trains speed increases so to maintain a constant force, the radius increases slightly to make it level off a little at the bottom.

Hope that makes sense =/. But it's something I noticed when doing my hyper. It's only subtle but hey.

What I meant is that B&M holds their forces very well, yes. What Shubinine has presented is a ride that gradually increases to maximum force at the bottom, peaking towards the end, rather than grabbing right off the get go and releasing at the end.

Shubinine

Mega Poster

Into The Unknown

intotheunknownshubinine.jpg

I'm sorry the final brake fins do not line up perfectly, but it's as close as NL would let me. It's not my fault, it's NL Editor's limitations. Thanks for understanding.

Are you ready for a ride "Into The Unknown"? I won't spoil the experience by telling you too much about the ride, just some informations down below.

Brake Fins / LSMs come from L Bosch's Pack.

Please rate if you download. Thanks.

Roller Coaster Type: Steel - Sit Down
Make / Model: Intamin AG / LSM Launch
Designer: Shubinine
Launch : 139km/h in 2.7 Seconds
Length: 1730 m (5675 ft)
Height: 76 m (249 ft)
Speed: 139 km/h (86 mph)
Inversions: 5

Trains: 5 trains with 4 cars per train. Riders are arranged 2 across in 2 rows for a total of 16 riders per train.

DOWNLOAD

http://www.mediafire.com/?fo6ey6zxcvl5ae6

* Requires NLPackager to ride.

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: Shubinine's dev topic [Into The Unknown Download Link pg

Not liking it, sure it's newtoned and it's smooth, congratulations! did you want something for it? Okay sarcasm aside, it wasn't a fin ride to me, the layout was very uninspired, and did do anything. Ever inversions was exactly the same, and the ride just seemed a bit too long. The transport section prior to the launch seemed a but unnecessary. This just didn't do anything for me. 6/10

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Smooth, fast, relatively fun. I thought the start was good, then in the middle it got a bit boring and snappy. It didn't feel like part of the rest of the ride which was quite open and fast. The ending was nice and I kinda liked the straight-away into the corkscrew. I kinda agree with Jer though, you need to get some more different inversions into your repertoire.

Nice, but lacked creativity. These accelerators have been done a lot, you've got to be quite different to get noticed sadly. 6.5/10 :D

Good work, please don't see this as one solid criticism! :lol:

Shubinine

Mega Poster

^ Thanks for the ratings guys.

Now, I have a new project. I started it yesterday so the first pictures are from the first 5 minutes i placed it in the editor.

I made a 6-inversions B&M Invert that is set to be Vampire's Hunt's little brother. It is 57 meters tall with a 50 meters drop.

newtrack110901000800001.jpg

Followed by an Immelmann

newtrack110901000820002.jpg

Zero G

newtrack110901000825003.jpg

Loop

newtrack110901000832004.jpg

Helix

newtrack110901000838005.jpg

Dive loop.. Thing... I like to call it the "Shubinine Dive" cool)

newtrack110901000852006.jpg

And Interlocking Corkscrews.

Now, Since then I did this:

sflight110901170235000.jpg

Vampire's Hunt is here for an Encore

sflight110901170250001.jpg

Started actually using those B&M Connectors from the pack i posted in page 5

And.. I made it interact with Vampire's Hunt in a small way.

sflight110901170304002.jpg

sflight110901170319003.jpg

sflight110901170330004.jpg

The name is Dracula's Flight. That's all for now, more updates tomorrow.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: Shubinine's dev topic [B&M Invert pg. 6]

Looks good. Layout looks a bit spread out for me. I prefer my inverts quite compact and packing a punch, nevertheless, looks fun.

I like the 3ds interaction :)

Shubinine

Mega Poster

^ It is afterall bigger than Katun, and Katun is not the most compact coaster out there. I tried to make is as compact as possible, that's why i started with an immelmann.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

Yeah, true! Like I said, I'll still enjoy it, thats just the way I prefer my coasters.