What's new

Showering.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I don't have eye gunk every morning, I am exaggerating somewhat.

How vile are you if you wake up THAT gross? How are you grosser after just lying there unconscious than walking about, sitting in an office, doing stuff?
I'm MORE gross after a day, but after a day I don't then have to like... Interact with other human beings and be presentable. I'm going to bed.

Forever_Alone.png

I don't have time to shower in the morning, no way.
How long does it take you to shower???

And why would you shower at night and then put on deodorant?
This is what I just don't understand...

If I wash, and then don't put antiperspirant deodorant on, then I start to sweat.

Sweat only smells bad if it's stale. As in, if it's been left. So if I showered at night, and then didn't put deodorant on, by morning... I'd smell of BO.

Deodorant doesn't WORK for me if applied after sweating has begun or reapplied over the top of old deodorant.

I've noticed though, that most people don't use antiperspirant anyway. Just smelly spray ****. So think yourself lucky that you don't need to use antiperspirant. Or maybe you do, and you smell, and you don't notice.

I also cannot STAND my armpits feeling wet. Even slightly. It feels gross.

Most of the reason I shower in the morning is that I just feel a bit... gross. Like, just unfresh? My eyes, ears, nose, armpits, groin and arse crack just feel gross. And some people do a partial wash of the face n the morning and I'm like, wtf just shower? I cannot understand how anyone can't feel that overall general gross ickyness?? It's not even that I smell or I actually feel sweaty (most of the time, how do you evening showers cope in the summer sweating all night???), I just feeeeeeeeeel kinda icky.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I don't understand people who have to shower twice a day or they feel dirty. Fair enough if you're all sweaty during the day, but seriously, is there such a need?

I always get massive compliments about how soft my skin is. I don't moisturise at all and avoid soaps as they're vicious on the skin. But I know for a fact if I shower twice a day my skin goes all horrid and as a result I feel less clean than when I showered just the once.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: Showering.

I shower before bed but if I'm doing something that results in sweating, first thing I do when I get home is shower, and then depending on the time I'll shower again before bed.

Big problem for me is I sweat constantly, no matter what. I have tried prescription deodorant, soaps, everything, but I just sweat hot or cold. I've been that way apparently since I was a baby too. If I shower right after an activity and I know I have other things going on in the day, the first shower really is just a rinse and cool down. I have a chlorine allergy so jumping in a pool doesn't really help since I get rashes if I'm in for more than 2 minutes. I'd much rather do that for a cool down though.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
ciallkennett said:
I don't understand people who have to shower twice a day or they feel dirty. Fair enough if you're all sweaty during the day, but seriously, is there such a need?
People aren't READING what I'm saying! :lol:

I rarely shower twice a day, but if it's been hot and I've been out and about, I might. It's situation dependant.

If I'm not going anywhere, I happily lounge about for days at a time without showering.

I always get massive compliments about how soft my skin is. I don't moisturise at all and avoid soaps as they're vicious on the skin. But I know for a fact if I shower twice a day my skin goes all horrid and as a result I feel less clean than when I showered just the once.
Genetics. You have dry skin. I have oily skin. The only place I get dry skin is my hands, which is from over washing them. There's a mix of reasons why I over-wash my hands... I hate oily substances on my hands, I spend a lot of time making a mess with art stuff or gardening or with my cockatiels and my job puts me in contact with gross things. And I'm funny about smells on my hands. But I could wash my face every 5 minutes and it would still be hydrated.

Ben

CF Legend
Joey said:
I don't have time to shower in the morning, no way.
How long does it take you to shower???

Literally like an hour, I'm ridiculous in the aspect of life.
And why would you shower at night and then put on deodorant?
This is what I just don't understand...

If I wash, and then don't put antiperspirant deodorant on, then I start to sweat.

How much do you sweat...? It just just sounds like you're one big, sweaty, gross mess?
Most of the reason I shower in the morning is that I just feel a bit... gross. Like, just unfresh? My eyes, ears, nose, armpits, groin and arse crack just feel gross. And some people do a partial wash of the face n the morning and I'm like, wtf just shower? I cannot understand how anyone can't feel that overall general gross ickyness?? It's not even that I smell or I actually feel sweaty (most of the time, how do you evening showers cope in the summer sweating all night???), I just feeeeeeeeeel kinda icky.

I just don't understand what you DO in the night that makes you gross? I just get up looking and feeling beautiful. This is literally me when I wake up...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 51

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Genetics. :p I have a low temp threshold and often sweat even when not hot.

I often wonder though if I'd PERCEIVE myself as feeling gross regardless?

I don't know, but I never smell in public. Nor do I get unreasonable sweat patches. Sometimes when its ridiculously hot, I'm active and light coloured shirt maybe... But rarely, because I shower and use hardcore antiperspirant properly. :p

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I sweat like a Chinese child making trainers during the day; when I'm awake, it just pours out of me.

I don't know if I sweat at night or not (I'm asleep), but I never wake up with BO or damp armpits. Maybe damp if it's excessively hot in the summer and then I just quickly wash my pits and dry them at the sink in the morning.

The only time I get BO is if I put on an old top after showering and haven't dried properly. It's not a regular thing though because I know it happens. I think that's simply the combination of damp and bacteria on dirty clothes though.

Apparently some people just don't smell badly. Their sweat and diet makes a poor living environment for the bacteria that smells - so some people can get away without deodorant at all. I have no doubt I'd start to smell if I didn't, and even good antiperspirant can sometimes give out on me during the day (eugh, I was horrid when I got back after crawling under desks in the morning and then a 5 hour drive back to a stuffy office - I'd reached that point where you smell of the deodorant because the sweat is coming through it).

As I say, the time I'm in closest contact with people is the evening/first thing with the family/wife. During the day, I may at times get within four or five foot of another person? At night, touching. So it's much more important for me to be clean and fresh then. If somebody can smell my BO from six foot away (the closest desk), then I've got serious problems that showering in the morning isn't going to stop.

I dunno, next time we meet up we'll have to have a smell test :p

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ We should do it at Thorpe Park and bring jars of urine, too!

Like eating, pooing and shaving, I shower when I need/want to. I don't see the need to shower every single day if I've been sat in an air conditioned office all day, driven home and lounged around on the sofa all evening. If I feel fresh, it's ok.

The only time I shower daily is when I know I'm going to be around people who are likely to judge me and if thier opinion means anything to me. For example, at CF Lives, family gatherings and other important social/professional events, then I'll make sure I'm presentable.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Every 2 or 3 days in the evening, and only time in morning is if I'm going to an event like a theme park or a family reunion (even though we don't have those, just an example)

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I'm sorry, but I don't smell of BO after not washing because I have a poor diet.

Either...

I dislike the physical feeling of waking up and not showering. And there is a feeling, its just that it doesn't bother some people.

Or, you lot stink and ain't noticed.

Or, its genetic that I sweat a lot and smell if its left.

It's prob a combo of all 3, frankly. I often have met evening showers who smell, not awful, but unfresh.

But it is NOT my diet, which I guarantee is superior to 90% of you.

Also, not showering when you don't have to go anywhere is fine. But not showering every day as a default even when you're out and about is a habit that should be dropped the second puberty starts...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Diet can be anything, including healthy stuff. It's just anything which leaves your sweat with the right level of acidity and low salt. If you have a bad diet you may smell of 'bad food'', but a good diet could still react with your own personal make up to create the perfect environment for bacteria. Though it seems maybe some people just have good sweat for it :lol:

Wasn't suggesting you had a bad diet :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ben

CF Legend
Fruit makes me gassy if that helps?

Cause you might have a better diet Joey, but you're also apparently a gross, sweaty, dirty mess <//3

BBH

Giga Poster
Every morning, and after lacrosse games on Saturday.

I need to wake up somehow, and the hot water allows me to wake up and relax simultaneously - it's fantastic. Also, it helps to calm down the bruises I get after being relentlessly peppered as a goalie.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
I'm an evening person. I like to sleep as much as possible and I would have to get up earlier than I already do if I were to shower in the morning.

rcjp

Roller Poster
^ I also like to sleep as much as possible, not only that, but I have karate training at around 7 p.m so I always have my showers before dinner except on weekends when it kind of depends.