What's new

Should Oblivion at Alton Towers receive floorless trains?

astead04

Roller Poster
Most of the other B&M Dive Coasters in the world (except for G5 at Janfusun Fancyworld in Taiwan - a mirror image of Oblivion at Alton Towers) have floorless trains, and SheiKra at Busch Gardens received them in 2007. After 20 years of operation at Alton Towers, is it finally time for Oblivion to receive the upgrade?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Nah.

The only floorless dive machine I've done (Baron), I didn't even notice it was floorless to be honest. It's a needless gimmick.

For the time, effort and money it would involve to do the conversion, it simply isn't worth it. Towers could do much better things.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
No. Pointless. Waste of money.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

lachlan

Mega Poster
I don't think it would make much difference. Also I like the look of the trains they have at the moment

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
They'd be better investing in something worthwhile. That said, it would be a gimmick, so... ;)

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Plus, floorless trains require retractable floor in the station, with mechanical parts that need maintenance, etc. Bottom line, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Floorless, nah. Not worth the effort.
I would, however, be interested in trying Oblivion backwards. Much easier to do, and would offer a substantially different ride experience than a floorless conversion.
I'm not saying it would be "awesome", I'm just saying I'd be interested in trying it. It might make it scary again.