What's new

Shockwave, Drayton Manor or Air, Alton Towers?

Shockwave, Drayton Manor or Air, Alton Towers?

• Shockwave

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Air

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Air. Shockwave is far too short and I find the restraints uncomfortable.

A

Anonymous

Shockwave is too rough, after standing in a queue, I don't want to be standing up with 4Gs and having my arm destroyed on the Zero G roll and Corkscrews. I want to lay down and feel like I'm flying. Put out my arms and close my eyes so I feel like a happy bird. Air is nice to relax on as you can just lay down and the design bends your knees which I find feels good after standing for half an hour.

Ben

CF Legend
Air, the SLAP across B&M's face.

Or Shockwave, an amazingly rough, painful, but above all, highly enjoyable and fantastic ride.

Shockwave's sooo much better. That Zero G, OMG, it's like, the best inversion in the WORLD!

A

Anonymous

i like both rides, but i choose shockwave, as it was my first big coaster!

Rich Bacon

Roller Poster
Haven't ridden Shockwave so I know this will sound biased but I'm going to say Air. Shockwave looks a bit dull and theres not much to it. And, after seeing other Stand-ups it looks really plain and I hate corkscrews and zero-g rolls anyway, and loops are pretty dull usually.

Air, although tame and short offers a sensation of flight, freedom and tranquility that I have never experienced on a ride before. Its no way near as good as Oblivion or Nemesis but I think I would prefer it to Shockwave.

A

Anonymous

Air but its a stupid poll cuz air is a flying and shockwave is a stand up!

A

Anonymous

Shockwave WAS good but now has got realy rough.Air is really enjoyable and realy smooth

Tony

Hyper Poster
Flying coasters have not yet reached their full potential and stand up coasters are long gone now. What is it 7 years since they last built one. I hope europe gets another flyer with new elements like the pretzel loop and other new inversions to the flying coaster.

thx

Mega Poster
I like both of them.
Air is very smooth, fun, nice experience, but too dull. Shockwave is a bit exciting, the stand-up position is cool, and yeah it's short, but I think that what it offers, 'the inversions', are really good and fun, besides that I didn't find Shockwave rough almost at all (maybe because, I've only been on it and Air twice).

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
Shockwave because I just don't like AIR it's too slow. Shockwave is faster, rougher, has more inversions and I find it's more fun.

kir

Hyper Poster
^

?!

Shockwave is just over 6mph faster than Air. Don't try pulling the speed card on this one.