What's new

"Shinpi" - Indoor Powered Coaster for Nasu Highlan

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Hey all
Not a big announcement this. but in the interest of completeness i shall post it anyway :)

http://www.nasuhai.co.jp/news/detail.cgi?n=0051

0051_1.jpg

Nasu Highlands in Japan has announced a new indoor coaster. by the looks of the image above its going to be Ocean Themed.

Will be interesting to see what the rides like. but judging by the parks track record i would expect it to be a Meisho ride

Edit: The topic originally the topic mentioned the removal of the parks SLC F2. however this looks to have been a translation error and the ride will just be closed for the season.

A

Anonymous

According to the park manager we talked to during our visit, then it will be a Meisho Coaster, but he wouldn't go into details about it. But an underwater theme would suite this area pretty good.

2 overview shots of the area where it's going to be.
japkor15_23.jpg

japkor15_extra.jpg

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I didn't think Meisho even made coasters anymore.

I love their shuttle loops, but otherwise find their stuff really dull.

Ah well, better than nothing, and at least Nasu highland are being consistant.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
looks like the ride is pretty much done

0063_1.jpg

0065_1.jpg

Nothing too exciting but in the essence of completeness i thought i should update.

Nice little outdoor section there too

A

Anonymous

Looks very similar to the Black Hole coaster at Mitsui Greenland (Kumamoto), which have trains made by Zamperla and track by Meisho.

Anyway, I was looking on the Nasu Highland home page and saw that it will open on the 25:th of april and be called (translated): Adventure Coaster SHINPI

Stats:
Height 4.5m
Length 300m
Speed 25 km/h
20 passengers/train
Ride length 3 minutes

And by the image on the attraction page it looks like there will be some kind of cat like creature...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Just ridden it. About to head out, so won't write much, but it's a bit crap really.

Didn't see anything relating to "Adventure Coaster" just "Shinpi."

"Shinpi" means something along the lines of "mystery". It's a powered coaster, but feels more like a very short dark ride for the most part. It's a bit lame, but the ending is pretty good/ ****ed up. The train and fake track head towards a giant frog, but it turns at the last second and goes through a giant cat's mouth.

One "room" is ocean themed (not very well), but it's definitely not an overall theme for the coaster. **** knows what the overall idea is supposed to be.

I tried to get a pov, but my camera's crap and it's dark. Will post later anyway, along with pics.

Oh, and in response to the first post, F2 Fright Flight is definitely not closed for the season. It was up and running today. Maybe closed during construction?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I think I'm yet to ride a really rough slc to be honest. I've only ridden 4 of them though, so I'm not the best judge, and of those I'd put this at number 3 in terms of roughness.

Smoothest for me is Vortex at Siam Park City, just outside Bangkok. Then, the one at Happy Valley Beijing, then F2. Definitely not what I'd call rough though. Those Meisho pieces o'crap at that park on the other hand....