What's new

Shenanigans at Six Flags Great America

Error

Strata Poster
I love that word...

I'll skip the boring training crap and get right to what you guys want and need: the park.

So, after the training, I had to walk all the way to the front of the park to get a ticket to go in (that's how they do it...), and proceeded with getting into the park.

Here we have the double decker carousel:
IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

The Cyber Cafe...which stole our font...
IMG_0009.jpg

What ride first...Superman?
IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

Nah. I'll do it later...

How about Dark Knight: The coaster. I quote my trainer: "They wanted Raging Bull in a box but got Ragin' Cajun in a can." (Use that for the guide, please)
IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

Nope.

How about Ragin' Cajun?
IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Sadly, this WAS my first coaster this year. And, it was alright. Fast, fun, and spinny with some huge laterials. It was too short, and not very thrilling, but alright.
6/10

Let's see...V2: Vertical Velocity?
IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

I didn't ride this at all, so I can't say anything about it.

So, Batman?
IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

Better then the one Over Georgia. Forceful, fun and smooth. A true classic, and if wasn't for the fact that it's already in my top ten, it would be.
10/10

Now, onto Iron Wolf:
IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

Iron Wolf was the only coaster there that wasn't smooth. It was forceful, and had a great layout, but really banged my head around. It also wasn't heartlined well, showing me how rough my nolimit coasters are. B&M's first, and I'm glad they've done better.
5/10

FUN FACT: Guess what rides I'm assigned to?
That's ride: A CAR RIDE! And revolution, which is nice.
IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

How do I manage that...

Next is American Eagle, sadly not racing.
IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

This shocked me. Plenty of floater and airtime, and extremely smooth. Only issue was lack of racing.
8/10

I'm skipping ahead to Raging Bull Since I took alot of pictures from the Viper line.
IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

Well, it wasn't great. In fact, I was disappointed. Trims were overkill making it crawl over the hills. Ugh.
6/10

Viper was next
IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

Smooth. Airtime. Fun. Pretty much sums it up.
8/10

Demon, which made me nervious looking at it, was up next. I thought roughness like all the other corkscrews...
IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

This park's theme must be smoothness. This is by-far the best arrow I've been on. The cars were nice and comfy, no headbanging at all, and the tunnels were really cool, even for the 70's. Only thing Arrow never seems to do right is the entrance to a corkscrew. Quick jab to the inside...
7/10

Next up is:
IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

Fun. Nothing more. Just wish there were more of these babies around
7/10

Did "The Dark Knight", which was bad. I didn't take any other picture worth showing. That bad.
6/10

Final ride was Superman, as promised.
IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

First half was forceful, second half blew. It's not as forceful as Gerogia's, but it was still a good time.
8/10

I'm tired, but there's more pictures if the guide wants them. I can also get more later.

Nice Joe!

Sucks you were disappointed with Iron Wolf and Raging Bull, but most of the reviews haven't been positive anyways. I'm glad there were a few good surprises though. Nice pics as well.

zcl

Mega Poster
Death to Trim Brakes!

Nice pictures and I loved the arrow smack because its true..

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Nice report! Hopefully you get on all the coasters there this summer. Your opinions are about the same as mine though.

I thought you said Iron Wolf got new trains?

Error

Strata Poster
rollerdude said:
Nice report! Hopefully you get on all the coasters there this summer. Your opinions are about the same as mine though.

I thought you said Iron Wolf got new trains?

I don't think it was smoothly built is it. It's their first, so they're bound to screw it up somehow. After all, the MC(lack of)BR.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Wolf is still running the Intamin stand-up trains. It will probably be removed before they ever upgrade to B&M trains.

You're at Revvy/Raceway, huh? Say hi to Nate for me.

Heck, post a picture of yourself, and I'll say hi to you the next time I'm working.
;)

Goliath123

Mega Poster
The back part of the dark night is so boring, they could of tried to make it look good, but no.

Great report, nice pictures too

Error

Strata Poster
Quick update on my 2 new counts.

V2: Vertical Velocity:
To sum it up nicely: it's like Wicked Twister, only not as fun. Fun, but the lack of the second spike kind-of killed it.

7/10

And, Spacely's Sprocket Rocket:
For a kiddie coaster, really smooth and fun. As always, though, extremely short and no forces. Rode it all alone, so there's that.

4/10

CP6, ask me how you want the pictures so you can update the guide.