What's new

SFMM | West Coast Racers | Premier Quad Launch Möbius Sky Rocket

John Knotts

Mega Poster
Rode twice yesterday. It's a fun ride. The dueling sells it more than any extreme forces which seem to be what they were going for. The forces on this ride remind me a bit of Cheetah Hunt or Incredicoaster, but with snappier transitions because it's far more compact than either of those.

Enthusiasts looking for the next big thrill need not apply here, and i think we all knew that. But it's super smooth (thank God), and the dueling works really well here, even better than TC when it duels. I was actually fairly impressed by the ride actually, but I'm someone that likes all kinds of rides with all levels of intensity so...take that as you will.

rideguy70

Mega Poster
^I concur with all the above. If you're looking for a really intense, air-time driven thrill, then move along.

I believe this was built more for the preteen-family audience, and in that aspect, it really succeeds. SFMM really needed an intermediate ride in their line up, because it's either kiddie (Bugs Bunny area), to mild (Goldrusher, Ninja), directly into extreme, intense thrill overdrive with everything else. Maybe only Revolution is in the same thrill level category. And sure enough, I was overhearing preteen kids love the ride.

And I agree that this is more about the racing element than the actual elements in the track. it's really cool to see the other car keep up with you and fly over and under you with near-perfect timing. The racing has been very consistent (I rode both yesterday and today, at two separate times), and despite some nay-sayers here, it's raced every single time that I've seen.

So thrilling and extreme? Not even close. But still enjoyable and unique? Yes.

Last edited:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Alright, the meat of this ride doesn't look all that bad. The turns, rolls, and pops of airtime look like they provide an enjoyable ride at the very least. But I still can't get over that this ride turned out the way it did. An eight month delay, literally having a grand opening in 2020...all that extra time to work on the ride and the station looks like THAT?! The pit stop is worse than expected, honestly. A TV that you can hardly see to watch during a 90 second dwell...this ride will always be a meme.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
I just got off and I have to say I throughly enjoyed it. My only complaint is the over the shoulder leather seatbelt things. They are definitely unnecessary and this ride could definitely operate with just a lap bar similar to Sky Rocket at Kennywood. I can agree about the heavy emphasis on the racing element. I think it’s got a lot of rerideability it’s smooth and the inversions are fun. I am a fan of of launches, smoothness, and rolls so this was definitely something I was looking forward to and it pretty much was how I thought it would be. Super solid addition to me.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I just got off and I have to say I throughly enjoyed it. My only complaint is the over the shoulder leather seatbelt things. They are definitely unnecessary and this ride could definitely operate with just a lap bar similar to Sky Rocket at Kennywood. I can agree about the heavy emphasis on the racing element. I think it’s got a lot of rerideability it’s smooth and the inversions are fun. I am a fan of of launches, smoothness, and rolls so this was definitely something I was looking forward to and it pretty much was how I thought it would be. Super solid addition to me.
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it! Out of interest, what was the best element of West Coast Racers?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Yeah, **** this thing.

Was at the park Dec 26 (Thurs) and it rained the night before, so the park freaked the **** out and most coasters were down for most of the day.

WCR started testing 2 hours after opening, so waited around 30 mins. Nephew wanted to ride Riddler's so we did, opened for 10 mins, we got in line, then it broke broke and we didn't go back to that area.

It looks so slow in person, and I know it's a cliche on here, but seriously. It looked boring. Also, the SFMM fanboys jizzing over it was so painful.

Been to the park 5 times since Full Throttle opened. First time had a 2 hour wait, hasn't been open since. I feel I'll be "chasing" these two cred's for the next decade. Meh.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mack

Mega Poster
It's a total snoozefest, nothing to see here

edit: and by snoozefest, i don't mean marcus and his family, okay, that's snoo's fest. see? grammar. you know, like you gotta concentrate your nouns or whatever

Last edited:

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Tom I was there the same day. Missed out on Full Throttle and Escape from Krypton I went back a couple days later at night to see if they were open and Full Throttle had a 2 hour wait one train operations. It was pretty rough that day but as it went on things started to slowly open up and it was probably the coldest day I had out there on my trip.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
People have been on this thing, POVs are posted, RCDB lists it as open and the official opening day was last week. Time to destickify this topic, I think.

rideguy70

Mega Poster
Just an update on this... more theming has been added since many of the above comments (though the video screen in the pit stop area is still the same, but there are a lot more decorations in the pit stop and all along the queue), and the gift shop at the exit is now open. There are also now permement storage bins along the queue line. They are selling a Coaster Dynamix model of WCR.

And despite many nay-sayers here, I was at the park on an off-season Wednesday, and while Goliath, Revolution, and Full Throttle were in one train ops, WCR still ran three trains and was racing every time. And the pit stop time averaged maybe 5 seconds.

Because the park was so dead, I got three rides on this... front seat and back seat twice. I can say the back seat has way, way more forces, especially in the first half of each ride. There's also some nice hang times on the inversions. To me, the helix section is pretty lifeless from a forces point of view, but it's the most fun visually (the cars really get to race and often switch places on who leads), so I give it a pass. In terms of forces, I didn't really get any in the front seat.