What's new

SFMM | West Coast Racers | Premier Quad Launch Möbius Sky Rocket

Snoo

The Legend
No, I don't... I really need to work on that...

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.jpg

John Knotts

Mega Poster
Confirmed to us at the WCR construction tour.

- Scheduled to open in September... Underground will be finished in October.

- Will feature Comfort Collars (recommended by the manufacturer).

- Will use more steel (track and supports) than any other ride at the park, and it's not even close.

- Premier Rides were not the original manufacturer of WCR, but we're hired after plans with the other manufacturer fell through.

- Is intended as a medium thrill coaster, the goal is fun but not intimidating.

Matt N

CF Legend
Ooh, some very interesting nuggets of information there; thanks very much for sharing @John Knotts! Some points of interest that I'd like to raise:
  • What is the Underground, out of interest? Glad to see it opening in September, though!
  • Interesting to see that comfort collars were recommended, as I'd argue that Full Throttle looks like a more worthy coaster in the same park and they never had them on that...
  • More steel than any other ride in the park is also interesting, as West Coast Racers doesn't seem very big and SFMM has some huge coasters!
  • As for Premier not being the original manufacturer, could this explain the early Mack rumours?

John Knotts

Mega Poster
^ The rumblings were that this was originally an S&S project with Premier designing the trains, but S&S had other large projects that conflicted time wise.

Supposedly this was initially supposed to be similar in scale to Powder Keg at SDC, as SFMM people were very impressed with that ride.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster

- Scheduled to open in September... Underground will be finished in October.

- Will feature Comfort Collars (recommended by the manufacturer).

- Will use more steel (track and supports) than any other ride at the park, and it's not even close.

- Premier Rides were not the original manufacturer of WCR, but we're hired after plans with the other manufacturer fell through.

- Is intended as a medium thrill coaster, the goal is fun but not intimidating.

Height requirement? Will it be 48"?

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster

Ooh, I'm extremely interested in that tidbit of information! If I had to guess at who the "original manufacturer" of West Coast Racers was, I'd bet on S&S, as Six Flags has been purchasing several coasters from them as of late; along with that, they prefer to buy from American (Rocky Mountain Construction, S&S and Premier Rides are all headquartered in the United States) companies over foreign ones to ensure lower shipping costs. I love hearing about cancelled plans for parks along with the "what could've been" scenarios.

EDIT: Sorry, it's late at night for me. I failed to read your post above mine before posting my own comment, John Knotts. At least my prediction was right!

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
Ooh, I'm extremely interested in that tidbit of information! If I had to guess at who the "original manufacturer" of West Coast Racers was, I'd bet on S&S, as Six Flags has been purchasing several coasters from them as of late; along with that, they prefer to buy from American (Rocky Mountain Construction, S&S and Premier Rides are all headquartered in the United States) companies over foreign ones to ensure lower shipping costs. I love hearing about cancelled plans for parks along with the "what could've been" scenarios.

EDIT: Sorry, it's late at night for me. I failed to read your post above mine before posting my own comment, John Knotts. At least my prediction was right!

I Agree, but you also have to remember that B&M wouldn't exist without six flags. So, I also think part of it is that they have always had this mentality of kind of, I really don't know what to say. It does probably save money as well, but remember B&M is manufactured in Ohio. And world shipping is extremely cheap now days.

bernatc22

Mega Poster
I Agree, but you also have to remember that B&M wouldn't exist without six flags. So, I also think part of it is that they have always had this mentality of kind of, I really don't know what to say. It does probably save money as well, but remember B&M is manufactured in Ohio. And world shipping is extremely cheap now days.
I'd say that hugely depends on the context. Regular items we often buy and are delivered through long distances have cheap shipment because they are small, regularly transported items.
I am no expert, but I would highly suspect a shipment of hundreds of heavy, proprietary steel pieces over the big pond would skyrocket the price, as perhaps an entire ship would have to be rented for the job.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I Agree, but you also have to remember that B&M wouldn't exist without six flags.

Beep beep, back up friend, that's an extremely hot take that is just ignorant. B&M would most certainly exist without Six Flags. Considering the first dive and flyer both went to Alton, first wing to Gardaland, and about every other park around the globe that has a B&M would HIGHLY disagree with this statement.

Sure, Six Flags has bought a **** ton of their coasters, but it's a fraction.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt N

CF Legend
Beep beep, back up mother ****er, that's an extremely hot take that is just ignorant as ****. B&M would most certainly exist without Six Flags. Considering the first dive and flyer both went to Alton, first wing to Gardaland, and about every other park around the globe that has a B&M would HIGHLY disagree with this statement.

Sure, Six Flags has bought a **** ton of their coasters, but it's a fraction.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That's certainly true, but I think @Jcoasters might be referring to the fact that it was Six Flags who convinced B&M to re-enter the amusement industry in the first place; they didn't originally want to build roller coasters ever again after leaving Giovanola.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Think we’ll get to ride it Labor Day weekend when we’re there? I was thinking we pushed the trip back far enough we should be guaranteed the credit but now I’m not so sure...