What's new

SFMM | West Coast Racers | Premier Quad Launch Möbius Sky Rocket

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Screamscape has posted an update onto their site about a possible new coaster going into the spot of the spot of the deceased Deja Vu coaster. It will have been 4 years since heir last coaster, Twisted Colossus. Apparently SF have been wanting a B&M dive machine, but are now eyeballing Time Traveler at SDC. A spinning coaster is something the park don't have, so it could be possible. What do you guys think?

Screamscape article:- http://screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Could be possible @ATI, although I did read on Screamscape that SFMM wanted a coaster to replace Viper. Back then it was rumoured to be a Dive Coaster, but I reckon the XTREME Spinning Coaster is plausible for that area too. Although if they put it on the Deja Vu site, it's easy to clone, and Six Flags likes rides that are easy to clone... get ready for Mr Freeze's Spinsanity or whatever DC superhero theme Six Flags conjures up.

Although, come to think of it, Time Traveler cost $26million. I don't know whether Six Flags would be willing to pay that kind of money for one attraction. I actually reckon that if they put it on Deja Vu's plot, it could be a Wonder Woman clone, like the one at SFFT. That looks easy to clone.

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
Six Flags Magic Mountain's largest investment was Tatsu at $21mill and at the time they said they wouldn't spend that much money on a coaster ever again. And that's before Six Flags started buying cheap rides in bulk.

However, it sounds to me as if Magic Mountain are eyeing up some sort of coaster with a large emphasis on it's drop, Much like a dive coaster or Time Traveller with it's vertical drop. If this is true I wouldn't be suprised if they're interested in buying a Gerst Eurofighter or Infinity.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Gerstlauer Infinities/Eurofighters are fun rides, and Knott's managed to get one to fit on the site of their Boomerang. So it's possible. If they did get one, they'd probably want to make the drop steeper than HangTime's 96 degrees, though. Because Six Flags loves a good record.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I could quite easily see that actually. Over 150ft tall, world's steepest drop, multiple inversions, over 3,000ft long. I could see it, as Gerstlauer are relatively cheap. Although it wouldn't be too far away from HangTime.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Although, come to think of it, Time Traveler cost $26million. I don't know whether Six Flags would be willing to pay that kind of money for one attraction.

No they most likely wouldn't. But I imagine a large part of that cost was incurred due to the terrain the coaster is built on and theming. If Six Flags were to build a Mack Xtreme Spinner it wouldn't have that level of theming and be built on flat bit of land - making it way cheaper than Time Traveller. Also SFMM's version could have a shorter layout and only one launch (or even no launch) bringing down the cost even more.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Six flags wouldn't put a small, low throughput thrill coaster in one of the most popular theme parks in America, and arguably Six Flags' most popular theme park. It'd be like Magic Kingdom getting a coaster with less than 5 trains. It won't happen, unless Six Flags is really that stupid.

Matt N

CF Legend
Six flags wouldn't put a small, low throughput thrill coaster in one of the most popular theme parks in America, and arguably Six Flags' most popular theme park. It'd be like Magic Kingdom getting a coaster with less than 5 trains. It won't happen, unless Six Flags is really that stupid.
Are you referring to the Gerst Infinity idea or the smaller Xtreme Spinner idea @ATI?

On a side note, I think being a prototype may also have increased the cost of Time Traveler @CSLKennyNI.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I just had a thought. If Six Flags wants something that focuses on the drop but has other elements too, then they could go for a Mack BigDipper Dive Coaster! BigDippers are very compact rides, so one would be great for the Deja Vu site! With the way they're innovating, I'm sure Mack would even go beyond vertical if Six Flags wanted them to!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Literally the gimmick in the front of the park with that stupid ass loop themed to YOLO and dubstep proves how stupid they are.

I hate how they won't splurge on a good attraction. Easily can make the drop use the hill, cheat to get a 300 ft drop, and they get that record they want and a big selling point to compete with Star Wars Land.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Six Flags Magic Mountain's largest investment was Tasu at $21mill and at the time they said they wouldn't spend that much money on a coaster ever again. And that's before Six Flags started buying cheap rides in bulk.

However, it sounds to me as if Magic Mountain are eyeing up some sort of coaster with a large emphasis on it's drop, Much like a dive coaster or Time Traveller with it's vertical drop. If this is true I wouldn't be suprised if they're interested in buying a Gerst Eurofighter or Infinity.

Is this legit? I would have thought X cost more than £21 million.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Uhm, Green Lantern?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
There was also extreme terrain work with Tatsu, construction went on for 18 months. It was a massive undertaking.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk