What's new

SFMM | West Coast Racers | Premier Quad Launch Möbius Sky Rocket

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I never actually minded the ones on Tempesto. It doesn't bother me either way, but I would've preferred to see just a lap bar.

Jstanich

Roller Poster
Nothing, because it has this style carabiner clip for the collar....Whereas Tempesto has a seat belt buckle and since the restraint doesn't actually lock... if you accidentally poked the buckle release the entire upper harness flies open (mid ride)... and they even have signs in the station and I believe the audio recording telling you not to hold on // touch the shoulder harness (comfort collar) and it was either SeaWorld San Diego or Busch Gardens Williamsburg where they had a unnecessary news story where the harness opened mid-ride and the rider "feared for their life" situation
Tempesto has a similar clip to what is pictured for WCR now. I just rode it on Wednesday.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Hmm... Could that not cause valleys on the white side, having the second element taller than the first element and having a valley between them if the launch speed is too slow?

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Tempesto has a similar clip to what is pictured for WCR now. I just rode it on Wednesday.
They must have switched them out. It for sure had a basic belt clip when I rode it a few years ago - this 2015 photo also shows it being the clip and not the carabiner
https://rcdb.com/12277.htm#p=63912 also this clearly photoshoped photo used for Tigris shows the easy to open buckle https://rcdb.com/16607.htm#p=99513 (this one shows the real clip it has https://rcdb.com/16607.htm#p=99882 )

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hmm... Could that not cause valleys on the white side, having the second element taller than the first element and having a valley between them if the launch speed is too slow?
I suspect perspective is being a little deceiving. If you look at the first picture, the track actually looks about even in the two elements (I'd almost go as far to say the inversion looks a bit lower), and bear in mind that the centre of gravity of the train will be a good distance from the track itself. I reckon it's probably okay.

Ben

CF Legend
Kinda related - is this construction why Apocalypse is closed at the moment?

I’ll be pissed if I go in November and this still isn’t done and that’s shut because of it too ha.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I know I should expect it, but I'm amazed that Six Flags is just ok with closing down an entire section of their park to slog along on ride construction. When I was there two summers ago, Riddler's Revenge was closed due to Battle of Metropolis construction. If they actually gave a ****, they had plenty of space to build a temporary entrance, but they probably viewed it as a cost save since they didn't have to staff the ride for half the season.

rideguy70

Mega Poster
Just was at the park today, and tried to observe what I could from a ride on Jet Stream. The coaster seems at about 80% done. The area is all dirt. The buildings have walls and progress is happening on their exterior, but still pretty unfinished on the inside as best as I could tell. Absolutely no sign of a ride building or queue going up at all--just dirt, dirt, and more dirt. I think we'll be lucky to have this up and running to the public by November, and I think that's pretty optimistic.

On a side note, Crazanity has been down for a while again, at least a week or more. Anyone know if a motor blew out again? That seems to happen a lot to these rides.

John Knotts

Mega Poster
Just was at the park today, and tried to observe what I could from a ride on Jet Stream. The coaster seems at about 80% done. The area is all dirt. The buildings have walls and progress is happening on their exterior, but still pretty unfinished on the inside as best as I could tell. Absolutely no sign of a ride building or queue going up at all--just dirt, dirt, and more dirt. I think we'll be lucky to have this up and running to the public by November, and I think that's pretty optimistic.

On a side note, Crazanity has been down for a while again, at least a week or more. Anyone know if a motor blew out again? That seems to happen a lot to these rides.

Yep... It happened again. I was at the park when it happened. Even shortening the ride's program didn't help.

No wonder SFMM refused to add flats for so long. They are a nightmare to maintain.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Yep... It happened again. I was at the park when it happened. Even shortening the ride's program didn't help.

No wonder SFMM refused to add flats for so long. They are a nightmare to maintain.
Well, considering they buy from the cheapest manufacturer available, I am not surprised they are having those many problems.

rideguy70

Mega Poster

Yeah, because Buccaneer, Swashbuckler, Flash, Scrambler, and Wonder Woman (Round Up) are down so much.

When they insist on buying gigantic, expensive ones, yes. But if a local carnival can maintain a flat, I'm sure even SFMM could handle it if they just didn't feel the need to go over the top on every new thing. I'd take a collection of 3 smaller flats over one big one that keeps breaking down.