What's new

SFMM | West Coast Racers | Premier Quad Launch Möbius Sky Rocket

Intricks

Strata Poster
Well KBF is back down to one with the 2nd train sitting in plain site completely dismantled.

And thats bad for SFMM. Why do they do that there!? Especially at a park that gets a heaving as they do!?

Wont lie, was surprised to see TC with 3 trains going.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kenny cook

Mega Poster
West Coast Racers s rumored to be for the mat racer water slide for SF Concord. Doubt Maxx Force will be used for SFMM.

I'm gonna be a spoiled millennial for a minute...they need something big. Not gimmicky big, but an actual great coaster. None of that Full Throttle :emoji_poop:. This is their 20th coaster. DC Rivals status big. Helix style big. Not a spinner. Although it would fit the lineup well with a spinner, since they shockingly dont have one. This needs to be a people eater with substance. Something truly jaw dropping.

But it's gonna be a :emoji_poop: spinner with awful capacity and they will run one train with 4 hour waits and name it after something super cringey with an awful tag line. Like Maxx Force, the power of harambe.

Plus an insane amount of obnoxious ads, can't forget about those;)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Well KBF is back down to one with the 2nd train sitting in plain site completely dismantled.

And thats bad for SFMM. Why do they do that there!? Especially at a park that gets a heaving as they do!?

Wont lie, was surprised to see TC with 3 trains going.

TC was supposed to have 4 trains...yeah cuz that became a thing. Tatsu has a duel load station because three trains. X2 had 3 trains after the overhaul, I mean you can just keep going down the list.

SFMM has been that way for at least 15 years. I'll never forget, when Riddlers needed to run 3 trains due to crowds and still had 45+ minute waits, so circa 2003ish, I went during Fright Fest, one train. One. Uno. Eins. Singular. The wait was to the bumper cars, and if you know that ride the queue is ****ing massive. Their maintenance schedule is ridiculous.

That said, they are a 364 day park now, instead of just weekend operations, so it's difficult to do the multimonth train breakdown when you are always open without downtime. It would be best if they just had a schedule where certain rides are down each year at a certain time or rotating. That and increase their mainteanance team staffing.

John Knotts

Mega Poster
I'm not sure a Mack spinner would be such a bad idea, and would be an interesting addition to the park's lineup. Short term, everyone would bitch about it, but down the road I think people would appreciate it.

I'm not saying that's what it is though, because I have no idea. But I personally would welcome something like Time Traveler. That ride looks amazing. But it's not "TOP 10" worthy, which is the type of ride people want at SFMM.

My gut tells me it's some sort of hyper/looper like Flash at Lewa, once again taking the "tallest loop" record. It's a record the park is obsessed with having for some reason, having taking it three times (Viper/tallest, Riddler's Revenge and then Full Throttle).

Last edited:

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Seeing as how SFMM typically likes to do the largest version of the coasters they install, or the newest models of coasters, I think it’s very likely we see an Xtreme Spinner from Mack.

rideguy70

Mega Poster
I saw on another board the name MaXX Force is pretty likely as the "XX" part is also 20 in roman numerals. Which would actually be surprisingly clever.

Although I don't know if they really get to count 20 coasters when GL is SBNO.

Pear

Strata Poster
I mean they technically already have 20 if you count each side of Superman separately.

John Knotts

Mega Poster
Seeing as how SFMM typically likes to do the largest version of the coasters they install, or the newest models of coasters, I think it’s very likely we see an Xtreme Spinner from Mack.
This is close to confirmed. Now the question is, will this be like Time Traveler? Or more like a Mega coaster layout with spinning cars? Hmmm...

tomahawk

Strata Poster
This is close to confirmed. Now the question is, will this be like Time Traveler? Or more like a Mega coaster layout with spinning cars? Hmmm...
Confirmed like the entire time leading up to Full Throttle announcement that it was possibly going to be the longest steel in the world only for it to be...that eyesore?

I'm not doubting they will **** it up and make it a **** spinner.

John Knotts

Mega Poster
Confirmed like the entire time leading up to Full Throttle announcement that it was possibly going to be the longest steel in the world only for it to be...that eyesore?

I'm not doubting they will :emoji_zipper_mouth: it up and make it a :emoji_poop: spinner.

Something wrong with spinners?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I mean...Zamperla spinners are CLEARLY the best <3

But given SFMM's track record lately, it's been disappointing. I agree with Tom - leading up to Full Throttle's announcement, rumors were exploding that they were going to build a Maverick fighter that would claim the title for longest roller coaster in the world. Everybody was all built up to expect another ride as good as, if not better than, Tatsu...and we ended up with the Yolocoaster. Similarly, enthusiasts ran with the rumors that the park was going to convert Colossus into two of the most legendary roller coasters to ever exist...and SFMM literally cut the ride in half. Yeah...it sometimes plays with itself but c'mon - dueling RMCs would have been a bigger deal than Steel Vengeance. The park has conditioned me to expect to be disappointed.

John Knotts

Mega Poster
^ But who's fault is that really? SFMM has never promised anyone that they were going to stack their top 10 list with awesome coasters. They build what they damn well please, and always have. It's people's own fault if they expect differently.

And it's certainly not Mack's fault, because their extreme spinners have been very well received.

Thinking SFMM was going to build an coaster nerd's dream coaster is laughable, and was even laughable back in 2013 lol

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^ But who's fault is that really? SFMM has never promised anyone that they were going to stack their top 10 list with awesome coasters. They build what they damn well please, and always have. It's people's own fault if they expect differently.

And it's certainly not Mack's fault, because their extreme spinners have been very well received.

Thinking SFMM was going to build an coaster nerd's dream coaster is laughable, and was even laughable back in 2013 lol

You're exactly right - it's our faults. Why should we enthusiasts expect the best product that SFMM could possibly build? Why should we enthusiasts be satisfied with a low capacity, short, two-trick pony when it's noncompetitive compared to rides like Maverick, Cheetah Hunt, and Blue Fire? Why should we enthusiasts feel a little disappointed when an amusement park that constantly fueled the Coaster Wars of the 90s and early 00s by building the biggest and most extreme rides of that era announces something that doesn't live up to the rumors? Why should we be upset when the park turns two roller coasters into one single coaster?

Yes, clearly there are plenty of reasons why the park has downsized their recent additions - cost likely being the mainly overwhelming driver behind this. That doesn't mean that the park hasn't conditioned their customer base, including us enthusiasts, to expect the best and led us to keep asking "when are they going to build another ride as good as Tatsu?" A Mack spinner will certainly fit quite nicely into their lineup, but it won't have anywhere near the draw that Tatsu or X2 did. It won't have people flying from different countries to ride it opening weekend like Steel Vengeance did. It's a logical decision for the park to add it, but I'm allowed to ultimately feel disappointed when the park that calls itself "The Extreme Park" announces a smaller version of Time Traveler.

John Knotts

Mega Poster
^ Expect the best? Can you name a ride in the last 25 years that has conditioned their customer base to expect the best? I'd really like to know what that was. Goliath? lol

I think SFMM has conditioned their customer base to expect exactly what rides Full Throttle and Scream represent... mediocre rides that people who never travel outside of the LA area to ride coasters think are THE BEST. And it's a formula that has worked time and time again, so why should they change that?

No one that lives in this area gives two craps about Steel Vengeance except the 50 or so enthusiasts who live here. Hell, Knotts has been doing almost the exact same thing with lame "half coaster" **** like Hang Time. This isn't by accident. They know what works.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
^ Expect the best? Can you name a ride in the last 25 years that has conditioned their customer base to expect the best? I'd really like to know what that was. Goliath? lol

I think SFMM has conditioned their customer base to expect exactly what rides Full Throttle and Scream represent... mediocre rides that people who never travel outside of the LA area to ride coasters think are THE BEST. And it's a formula that has worked time and time again, so why should they change that?

No one that lives in this area gives two craps about Steel Vengeance except the 50 or so enthusiasts who live here. Hell, Knotts has been doing almost the exact same thing with lame "half coaster" :emoji_poop: like Hang Time. This isn't by accident. They know what works.
X2. Tatsu. Those are, and were planned as, world class attractions. X2 has an experience unlike anything else in the Western world, people travel from all over to ride it. I've met people from all over in that queue. Don't try and tell me it isn't a world renowned coaster. Same with Tatsu.

Knott's and Magic Mountain are not the same. Nobody in the LA metro given the choice between the two for coasters is going to pick Knott's. It just isn't a thing.

John Knotts

Mega Poster
So out of 19 roller coasters, X2 and Tatsu. Yeah that really set people up to think SFMM was going to add more great coasters. I 'll give you Tatsu, but X2 is polarizing at best due to it's roughness. And I know Knotts and SFMM are not the same, but the same company that built Fury 325 and SV, also came up with the most boring possible coaster for Knotts lol. But hey, it looks fantastic!

Just sayin, You don't go to California looking for amazing thrill rides like you'd find in the Midwest. You'll be disappointed, because that's just not a priority. But it's okay, I've LONG since accepted that, and there are other great things about the state that keep me entertained. But the state's coaster line up is not one of them. So when someone says a Mack Spinner is coming, I'm like, cool. It'll be a cool ride to do once or twice, and then forgettable, just like the rest.

Last edited: