What's new

SFGAdv Medusa to get a little makeover...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^No one else thinks Medusa's rough either. I think you missed something there Taylor. :wink:

The supports are from the old color scheme (lime green tracks with purple supports). Who knows what color they'll be painted?!

A

Anonymous

I dont know, Im not liking the ALL blue track. I know the hope of it being primer is pretty much over, but Im still hopeing. How is dark blue supposed to fit western theme? The colors cool, but not as it is. Maybe the new color for the supports will drain it out.

Im shocked theres even debate on which coaster is smoother, Medusa or Hydra. In my honest opinion I found Hydra quite boring, uneventful and quite jolty and rough for a new coaster(especially B&M!). The only few things Hydra has going for it is the neat Jo-Jo Roll and its quite nice to look at. As for the other things, boring and jolty.

Medusa is much more enjoyable. What I dont understand, why are people comparing the first ever floorless coaster that is nearly 10 years old to a fairly new B&M? Ofcourse Medusa is going to seem rough, but quite frankly it isnt. Especially next to Hydra.

BTW, Scream! is a newer ugly clone, Medusa is still better. :p
(this isnt a definate opinion, Ill be riding Scream! this summer..:D)

**Also, new to the forums, 1st post. :D**

Ben

CF Legend
UC said:
^YOU can confirm or deny that for yourself. I've already got my mind more than made up about it.

... you do know what the word 'perhaps' means, right?

Or were you just using it wrong?

Ketchup

Mega Poster
Might just be me but I thought Scream! wasn't anywhere near as good as Medusa. The latter I thought was virtually as smooth as glass. Scream! on the other hand felt much more rattly and I can't say the car park setting helped it out aesthetically either. (Something thats surely a major factor other than roughness in deciding which clone is better)

For the record I went on Medusa in 2006 and Scream! last Summer, but I doubt that the ride quality of Medusa has deteriorated that greatly in two years.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Just want to get this straight UC. It's not that you hate Medusa or anything, it's just that you like & think Scream is much better. Right?
I mean you never complained about it when we were waiting to ride it together, so it's not so bad or was it just because of the company of Marcus & myself?
As for Scream, I can't comment until I get my ass to Cali but I see no reason why a clone of Medusa couldn't be better. The fact that it's a parking lot coaster has absolutely nothing to do with how good the coaster itself is (as UC pointed out), as Superman Ultimate Flight at SFGAdv (a parking lot coaster) is better than it's clone at SFOG IMO.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
UC said:
It bugs me a bit when people just walk around bitching about everything at parks - I mean, if you hate rides, why go?
LOL! Reminds me of a certain German some of us know & loved being with at Hersheypark. And no, I'm not referring to myself...coughAxelcough... :lol:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, I knew what you meant. :wink: Just reminded me of him & had to laugh. Wish he were part of our CF family...would be da bomb!

SFMMMan

Mega Poster
Scream! owned the crap out of Medusa, for sure.

QFT.

Although I haven't ridden Medusa East, I've ridden Medusa West and Scream, and they were absolutely glass smooth. I couldn't find anything uncomfortable about them.

A

Anonymous

You know UC, you saw the little smiley face after I made that response, ment I was just poking fun. I have yet to ride Scream!, and I will give my opinion on it then(come Summer 09)...Haha.

So...How bout that new Medusa color.......yeah...not much talk about that.....Lmao.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
UC said:
Medusa is the worst floorless around. It absolutely sucks, and definitely not worth walking to the back of the park for.

Ben, your opinion on "rough" is trash, because you think S:RoS SFNE is rough. Give me a break. For someone that likes the damned Ultimate so much, you should know better.

At the risk of incurring a 10 page UC rant, I'd have to say, I thoroughly agree with Ben. I don't find it rough at all. I quite like the ride.

*runs and ducks behind a tl;dr bunker*

Ben said:
It's gone a bit blue. Vile colour for B&Ms, since with a re-paint, the original colour was fit.

I agree with you here too. Maybe it's because I'm a bit resilient to change and I liked Medusa's old color a lot, but the lime green/yellow/whatever it was was much better, just a bit worn. Honestly, how many red and blue coasters DO we need?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
So S:RoS & Medusa are getting the exact same makeover. Hmmmm... Wasn't this already posted back in November?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
How Cedar Fair of them.

^ Possibly, though they didn't relate Medusa back to the whole Clawshun Industries viral marketing thing.

A

Anonymous

The point of the previous post by me in this thread was to show that a construction website has recently been set up by Six Flags. There are images from as recent as yesterday (February 5, 2009), and it could possibly mean that a some further disclosure could be coming out soon! They did also say "compelling details will be revealed as Spring 2009 draws near", and Spring is only 43 days away, and April 4 is only 56 days away. A new press release about the Dark Knight Coaster was released March 3 (last year), 25 days away. The time'll go surprisingly fast, and we might know about this project before we do know that we know it!

A

Anonymous

Medusa looks so much better IMO.

My opinion on floorless coasters can be sumed up in saying I've ridden three, and only rode them all once. But I think I will re-ride Medusa this year.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I don't get this blue and purple business. They don't...go. And the rides don't have the visual impact they used to, I don't get it.

A

Anonymous

^ I have to agree with you on that.

But comparing the two then Medusa looks a lot better then SRoS, since it have a higher blue over purple ratio. The massive amount of purple makes SRoS just fade into the surroundings and don't look as imposing as it once did.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
So Medusa is also Bizarro and both coasters (the former S:Ros at SFNE as well) will be opening Memorial Day weekend, as confirmed by an email I received yesterday from Six Flags.

Brace yourself to be transported into the twisted world of BIZARRO. Get ready to brave an eruption of speed, sight and sound - an experience so surreal, so menacing; nothing can prepare you for what awaits this Memorial Day weekend.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I guess SFGAd's is a little more interesting in that they already have a Superman there. And this (floorless) is kind of like the reverse of Superman (flying). The track is sort of considered like a flipped version and the seating is sort of reversed, I suppose. So if you want to go with the backwards version of Superman sort of thing, then that's at least a loose storyline they could use.

Either way, the paint job is growing on me-- it doesn't look half bad. I just hope they do a little more then stick a few props up. They don't have long!

spicy

Giga Poster
Bizarro FTW!!1

Its so stupid, its like some April fools thats gone way over the top :lol: