What's new

SFGAdv Medusa to get a little makeover...

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
Hydra is glass compared to Medusa. If you want to talk about being a wuss, whining about a ride that barely breaks 50 mph and isn't even 100 ft. tall is quite wussy compared to anything about Medusa.

It doesn't have to be tall or fast to be rough. Not saying I know weather it's rough or not, because I don't, just making a point. :--D

Ben

CF Legend
Didn't see you the day we rode Medusa. Well done on that one.

And I wonder WHY I may have been fed up that day? Oh yeah, it had stormed for six hours. WELL DONE.

And still, if you think Medusa's "rough", Viper was probably smooth (two can play that silly little game apparently)

Ben

CF Legend
What are you talking about? You most certainly saw us. There's pictures of it, for crying out loud.

No. We didn't. We saw you the FIRST time we went to Great Adventure, when we DIDN'T ride Medusa. We then returned, and THAT day, rode Medusa.

Yes, and from everything we'd heard from your other trip mates, you guys were just flat out getting tired of getting up early and doing park after park. It can really put a hamper on the entire experience, and can make you be alot less forgiving of things that normally wouldn't phase you.

OK. But that's them. Not me. Oh, and I rode Hydra and Medusa that same day. Why was I not "jaded" to that. Or Talon, actually. Or HELL, Phoenix, a whole DAY later?

Good one. Hydra's rough.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Why don't we just say that both Ben and UC have different ideas of "Rough"?

Why do things have to be universally classed as Rough. If Ben thinks it's rough then fair enough, let him. God, why are peoples opinions shot down so much on here?

A

Anonymous

I wonder if the park is going to keep the name or rename it to fit the theming of Frontier Adventures? Does anyone know?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I do like the new look.

Now let's see if Six Flags will follow through on its promise of adding the rest of those special effects with the hell fire, brim stone, and pterodactyls! :razz:

spicy

Giga Poster
The new colour scheme looks pretty good, is this coaster as awesome as it looks? I never realised how similar to Dragon Khan the layout is.

Ben

CF Legend
spicy said:
The new colour scheme looks pretty good, is this coaster as awesome as it looks? I never realised how similar to Dragon Khan the layout is.

Yes, it's a fantastic ride, my favorite Floorless and up there for me with the best B&M loopers built. It reminded me a lot of Dragon Khan had Kahn been Floorless... and a little bit weaker cause B&M have never been as forceful as they were on Khan, lol. I guess in that sense, force wise, I'd put it on a level with Kumba/Hulk on the second-tier.

So, yeah, for me, it's just after Hulk and Khan as the best sit-down looper they've built, and the only Invert I prefer is Talon.

Great, great ride. And still smooth as it ages in the way only a B&M can be. Well, apart from Hydra which is rough even at this age.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry UC, but I argee that Hydra is surprisingly rough and Medusa is much better overall. The only thing I really like about Hydra is the out-of-the-station JoJo roll and its hill hugging layout. The only thing I like about Medusa is...well everything, including the new paint job. I even like the lift hill that overlooks the animal safari just before the drop. The only thing I disliked about Medusa was that it didn't open until noon last season, but that won't happen anymore thanks to the improvements. :--D

Snoo

The Legend
Sorry Jerry, but I'm going to have to say Hydra ISN'T rough.. but I do think Medusa is better overall.

:p

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^I said surprisingly rough, in other words - not smooth (at least as not as smooth as Medusa or even SFNE's Batman). Hydra is no where near as rough as a lot of coasters, but rougher than most floaters (i.e. Behemoth, Nitro & Goliath) and some inverts (i.e. Talon, Afterburn & Great Bear).
Did I make myself clear this time?

WHOAA I never checked up on this topic and now I see it and Medusa has a whole new colour scheme that is looking absolutely stunning?! I would've liked the colours to be reversed with purple track and blue supports, but I think it looks greats!

As for the rough argument, I didn't think Medusa was rough, but that's just me.