What's new

SFGAdv | Jersey Devil Coaster | RMC Raptor | 2021

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
It's possible that instead of a previously planned larger capital investment, they instead decided to go with this as their investment for the year. Would definitely be less money than a whole new ride
But another, even if small, investment giving the park something extra to market/another reason for guests to come back after the pandemic makes more sense than something they don't get much return on - wasn't deemed necessary at the start and as Josh said is unrealistic anyway.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The park has confirmed to me that the coaster will (thankfully) have a continuous moving station like Wonder Woman GLC:-

1610832259728.png

This is great news for capacity, and it doesn't surprise me that they chose the same setup as Wonder Woman as it does seem a lot more efficient than RailBlazer. I would expect them to be able to pull off 1,000pph no problem when running all 4, 12 passenger trains.

Last edited:

oriolat2

Giga Poster
The park has confirmed to me that the coaster will (thankfully) have a continuous moving station like Wonder Woman GLC:-

View attachment 10840

This is great news for capacity, and it doesn't surprise me that they chose the same setup as Wonder Woman as it does seem a lot more efficient than RailBlazer. I would expect them to be able to pull off 1,000pph no problem when running all 4, 12 passenger trains.

That is great news, indeed. If they can have an efficient crew like Nitro they will nail the maximum hourly capacity.

Jersey Devil is the one coaster I am really excited about! I just love these Raptors popping all over the place!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It makes me wonder why they chose to make it one of the last things to do on the ride?!
It could be lots of reasons. Availability of the larger cranes from the local contractors, only now being able to open up the access routes for the largest cranes, if they built the lift it could block access for the smaller cranes for the lower level sections of track. It's normally just normal construction site related logistics that dictates these things.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Not a chance. This is Six Flags we are talking about. Great Adventure didn't open Wonder Woman until July the year it opened. I'm guessing the beginning of summer and this should be ready to go.
But the differences are that that number one this is nearly fully built, and surely they'd wanna open it earlier to get more people through the turnstiles after a low-profit year? An April opening wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
But the differences are that that number one this is nearly fully built, and surely they'd wanna open it earlier to get more people through the turnstiles after a low-profit year? An April opening wouldn't surprise me at this point.
I mean, I hope it's ready but I'm going to be shocked if it's ready any time near when the park opens. I'm sure they will be still restricting capacity so there may not be the incentive as if it were a "regular" year. I'd love to see it open in April but I won't hold me breath.

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
SFFT planned to open Wonder Woman in March of 2018, but due to technical issues the ride had to be delayed. Similar issues caused Railblazer to open in June of that year. The ride was fully built in line with a March opening and was even testing in March.

But they were both brand new prototypes that had never been done before. So I would have thought the chance of Jersey Devil having similar technical issues would be reduced. Having said that though it does have some upgrades and modifications to the trains, so that could be initially problematic.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Question is how many people they will be allowed to have through the turnstiles. If there is an attendance cap of, say, half the regular capacity, it might make more sense to postpone the opening until a time when they are allowed to draw unlimited crowds again. Novelty is king, after all, and the coaster might not have the same marketing draw in its second year of operation as it does when it's brand new.