What's new

SFFT | Wonder Woman Golden Lasso | RMC Raptor

Matt N

CF Legend
Also, I can't help but think about the throughput on this are going to be absolutely dire.
I'm not sure where, but I remember seeing an article about the RMC Raptor Track when it was first announced stating that it's theoretical throughput was around 540pph. Don't quote me on that, though.

streetmagix

Mega Poster
So assuming a train is dispatched every 90 seconds (~75 seconds ride time according to a POV on YouTube + 15 seconds before they dispatch the train) that makes 40 dispatches an hour. 8 riders per train means a throughput of 320 riders per hour.

I have made some assumptions here (that the lift hill cannot be used as a block brake, the first brake section is actually a block break and the realistic assumption that a train wouldn't be ready for a dispatch immediately every single time)

With decent operations a number closer to 400 - 420 riders per hour is achievable.

(If I've screwed up the maths then let me know, 320 riders per hour seems awfully low to me!)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
You have to remember that there is 3 trains, so the dispatches are more likely to be 30-45 seconds each, unless it's only on 1 train.

streetmagix

Mega Poster
You have to remember that there is 3 trains, so the dispatches are more likely to be 30-45 seconds each, unless it's only on 1 train.
That assumes that the lift hill can act like a block brake (like most B&Ms), I was under the impression that RMC coasters didn't have that feature. Either way it'll still have a low throughput but hopefully the operations will be good to minimize the queue.

streetmagix

Mega Poster
Generally only B&M lift hills, and possibly some modern GCI woodies. You can see it on SWARM on a good day. The train will depart the station, slow down around half way up until the train on circuit enters the station. It can stop the train on the lift hill too if needed.

I'm not aware of any RMCs that have this feature, their 'block' is from the exit of the station to the first MCBR. I'm hoping with the reduced capacity of this ride type they have managed it, it can increase the throughput by quite a bit! I'll have a look at the offride videos, see when they can dispatch the train.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^I know for a fact Wildfire at Kolmården's lift hill is a block, because if it wasn't then it couldn't run 2 trains. The first brake run isn't a block, as it is all magnetic, as there are no friction brakes at the end. But then again, the ride system was done by Vekoma, so I don't know.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
All roller coasters have this. It's just that most other coasters don't start slowlifting until later on the lift. Numerous times I've seen Goliath at SFGAm slow down near the top, and then continue once the other train gets back in the station.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Great videos on the CF channel there. **** me how have I been sleeping on this ride.

What the hell is going on?! It looks mental, seems to ride really well. Does seem awfully 'whippy' at the back though but then I can't be sure how much of that is down to the track/train design.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
You know... I don't agree. If you look back through all of RMC's previous material for these rides, not a single one showed anything like the amount of speed that this one has. I can't believe they'd have done all that work on the graphics without having the speed dialled in - after all their modelling is usually pretty good.

Not saying that it's not safe, and won't be perfectly fine running like that for it's lifetime, but I reckon if RMC were asked about this "off the record" they'd say it was quicker than they expected it to be.

It was asked off record and Allan's response was that it's operating as they intended to operate. Again...this knowledge is all on good authority.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
That assumes that the lift hill can act like a block brake (like most B&Ms), I was under the impression that RMC coasters didn't have that feature. Either way it'll still have a low throughput but hopefully the operations will be good to minimize the queue.

If you assume that the same train is dispatched every 90 seconds, it means the two other trains have been dispatched at (presumably) equal intervals in the meantime. That buffs the capacity from 320 to a respectable 960. Of course, a 15 second stop in the station is on the optimistic side, but if they manage 30 dispatches per hour per train, the capacity still hits 720 pph, which isn't *that* bad.

Pear

Strata Poster
New restraints have been added

33226023_10216875578026288_7470595638544039936_n.jpg

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
These restraints are what the ride intended to have, they were just waiting for them to be delivered. RB already has these attached.

Pear

Strata Poster
These restraints are what the ride intended to have, they were just waiting for them to be delivered. RB already has these attached.

RB's are entirely different. They have floating shoulder pads whereas these are made of a different material altogether.