What's new

SFFT | The Joker Carnival of Chaos | World's Tallest Frisbee

Pear

Strata Poster
Another one of these for SFFT!

the-joker-wild-card%2A1200xx4500-2531-0-124.jpg

https://www.bizjournals.com/sananto...-fiesta-texas-new-thrill-ride.html#g/440771/4

Matt N

CF Legend
Wait, what? I thought this would be sci-fi themed, because that's what SFFT's teasers suggested! Other than that, it should be a nice addition to Fiesta Texas; these Zamperla Giant Discoveries have reviewed really well!

vaugc002

Mega Poster
It's huge and everything, but I don't like this routine of adding a few feet to the height and claiming the 'world's tallest' title.
We all know in a few months there'll be a bigger and better one somewhere else.

Nice colours tho

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm of the opinion that they're all exactly the same - a stock model Giant Discovery - so they're all technically "world's tallest", along with every other installation of these the world over.

Six Flags/Zamperla aren't going to do silly, expensive s**t like add a couple of feet onto a stock model.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wait, which one is taller then? The stock model at SFFT, the exact same stock model at SFGAdv, or the exact same stock model at a whole bunch of parks around the world?

Pear

Strata Poster
SFFT's, and SFGAdv's are the same height as Crazanity, which is taller than the stock model.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Isn't SWSA also getting one of these but only 50 feet tall and flipping all the way around? It's going to be really hard to market that with this opening just 10 minutes away. SFFT is already kicking the absolute crap out of that place and this is exactly the kind of situation they need to be avoiding if they're going to move into a more rides-based experience.

Matt N

CF Legend
Isn't SWSA also getting one of these but only 50 feet tall and flipping all the way around? It's going to be really hard to market that with this opening just 10 minutes away. SFFT is already kicking the absolute crap out of that place and this is exactly the kind of situation they need to be avoiding if they're going to move into a more rides-based experience.
Yes, SeaWorld San Antonio has indeed filed for a Zamperla Midi Discovery. I suppose SeaWorld could market it as Texas' first fully inverting pendulum ride (as far as I'm aware, it is?), as I don't think the Giant Discovery inverts fully, correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I don't think that having the best rides is really what SeaWorld aims for its parks to do. I personally think that SeaWorld aims for their parks to have an educational focus and to provide a nice, relaxed vibe. At least that's the vibe I got from the Orlando park, anyway.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Bump. It appears they changed the name to Joker Carnival Chaos. Can someone change the thread title?
Their website says "Carnival of Chaos", so I'll go with that for now. Good spot, though, next time just try to include a link/source. :)

Pear

Strata Poster
I actually had the opportunity to ride this a little less than a month ago and it is fantastic! Great long cycle with the perfect amount of spinning to get a full swing in pretty much every direction. The queue is also really well done and has a fun house section with different rooms. Amazing addition to this park!

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I actually had the opportunity to ride this a little less than a month ago and it is fantastic! Great long cycle with the perfect amount of spinning to get a full swing in pretty much every direction. The queue is also really well done and has a fun house section with different rooms. Amazing addition to this park!
I rode it as well during my visit on Labor Day Weekend. The whole funhouse section was a complete surprise to me, and a noticeable step up from the little theming I expected to see. Even without the funhouse segment, Joker is still a great ride - it's very thrilling, especially when you're at the 17-story apex looking down onto the railroad tracks, and in my opinion this is the third best ride in the park behind the obvious duo of Wonder Woman and Iron Rattler.