What's new

SFDK Pacific Rim attraction to Replace DinoSphere Theater?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_discovery_kingdom.htm

BREAKING – Fragments of a Jaeger Pilot Alert transmission from the Shatterdome were intercepted by Screamscape indicating that a Category IV or possibly Category V Class Kaiju may have been spotted in the waters near Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.
So what does this all mean?
A Pacific Rim themed experience may be on the way to the park’s former DinoSphere 4D Theater. Stay tuned for more information as we receive it. Go Big or Go Extinct!

Although it's odd to see Six Flags going with an IP other than Looney Toons or DC, it's sure to be a very interesting addition. I wonder if it'll be a Sally or another type of dark ride. I am thinking it's something like what CGA is getting, a 4D theater.

Can't wait to see what's to happen.

Ben

CF Legend
Re: SFDK Pacific Rim attraction to Replace DinoSphere Theate

Oh god a Pacific Rim dark ride would be so sexy.

Imagine a Spider-Man style one unfff.

But this sounds like a 4D cinema.

Lofty

CF Legend

That's actually a great theme for a dark ride/simulator. Very clever.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

peep

CF Legend

I'm with Ben, this sounds more like a new film for the cinema. I take it they'd just take a couple of scenes from the film and add 4D effects. Actually might be quite cool. I think the film looks awesome visually so it could make for quite a cool experience.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

A Pacific Rim themed experience may be on the way to the park’s former DinoSphere 4D Theater.

I'm confused as to how anyone could interpret that to be anything other than a new film for the 4D theatre?

Just going to throw it out there that Happy Valley Shanghai already has a Pacific Rim film for its 4D theatre, so the film exists already. That's pretty much what you're getting.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

[tweet]http://twitter.com/sixflagsDK/status/685608106450116608[/tweet]

It's confirmed! And with previews this weekend!