What's new

SF Discovery Kingdom | The Joker | Roar RMC Conversion

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
(I couldn't find a thread on this. If their is a thread already, mods... do your thing.)
We all saw this coming anyway but...

Six Flags DK posted this picture on their Twitter with what seems to be a crane removing the trains off Roar.

CM9O8AjWsAEK1qm.jpg

What's interesting about this picture is the crane with Rocky Mountain Construction on it.

We all saw it coming but I thought it might be interesting considering Six Flags used this for tease.

Edit: Heres the original Tweet
[tweet]https://twitter.com/sixflagsDK/status/634812866462396416[/tweet]

Let the construction begin

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Roar SFDK RMC conversion?

In other news, the sky is blue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend
Re: Roar SFDK RMC conversion

The caption of that photo saying it's not giving it away if they're just removing a train says to me that's a very deliberate nod towards the goons that will spot that crane...

I'll be watching this so closely, can't wait to ride in June <3

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Ben said:
The caption of that photo saying it's not giving it away if they're just removing a train says to me that's a very deliberate nod towards the goons that will spot that crane...

Very nice, I must say. I mean, it's not many years since this sort of interaction between parks and enthusiasts was virtually unheard of. I know the old adage says that parks could hardly give two turds about what enthusiasts think, but today nods like this have become rather common. It seems to indicate a much tighter integration between the parks' marketing, and the "buzz" created by enthusiasts like ourselves, than what has previously been the case. Okay, in the grand picture we probably don't matter that much, but I think we've brought a level of gooniness to theme park marketing that certainly wouldn't have been there without us. And that means the enthusiast community has made a difference, however small it might be.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

^Too many IPs. I just don't see a RMC themed to the Joker. Sure, it'll be a great ride, but the theme is bad.

Oh wait, it's Six Flags. Never mind.

Ben

CF Legend

That would be really cool to be fair I'm well down for that!

Eek so excited to ride it <3

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

The Batman villains>>>> I love the theme and the different coloured rails. Better than I could have hoped for.

TilenB

Strata Poster

When are they officially announcing their rides for the coming season? I have to admit, the Joker themed RMC sounds really good. I hope they do as good of a theming job as they did on the Joker spinner in Mexico. :)

TommyAlex

Mega Poster

Pink Panther said:
The Batman villains>>>> I love the theme and the different coloured rails. Better than I could have hoped for.

I wasn't sure it that was intentional - I thought maybe they forgot to turn the green rail purple, as I think it's a picture of Twisted Collossus. Not sure though.

Darren B

Giga Poster

TommyAlex said:
Pink Panther said:

I wasn't sure it that was intentional - I thought maybe they forgot to turn the green rail purple, as I think it's a picture of Twisted Collossus. Not sure though.

Of course that's what's happened - How silly of them not to paint the other rail.

Sorry, but that's a pretty stupid comment.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Standing in the former location of Roar, The Joker will be RMC's latest Six Flags addition, sporting a two-toned track and villainous theme.

Now, the 1st inversion with the really odd name is that it starts like a Zero-G roll before breaking away into a swooping turn.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uOTM3hOq7k[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h9irR_mk-w[/youtube]

The Joker will feature:

- 3,200 feet of dual-colored purple and green track
- First ever step-up under flip
- 3 inversions featuring a worlds first "Step Up Under Roll", a 180° stall and a Zero-G
- 15 extreme airtime moments
- 78 degree drop
- 180 degree stall
- Maximum speeds of 53 mph
- Nearly 2 minutes long
- 100-feet tall

Edited to embed video animations. - ECG

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Now looking at the animation, this looks great! Hopefully I'll be able to make it out to California some time.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom | The Joker | RMC Conversion

Looking good! Dig the track layout, and it does seem to stick closely to the Roar design.

However... Roar was only opened in 1999. I love an RMC conversion as much as the next guy, but it still feels like we pulled the plug on Roar well ahead of its useful life.

the_joker_1.jpg

the_joker_2.jpg

the_joker_3.jpg

the_joker_4.jpg

the_joker_5.jpg

the_joker_6.jpg

the_joker_7.jpg