What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Ice Breaker | Premier Rides Custom Sky Rocket | 2022

Pear

Strata Poster
Which coaster is your favourite at SWO, out of interest?
Mako!

And if you don't mind me asking, how does the airtime compare to Mako? I've heard some pretty brilliant things about IB's airtime, so I'd be interested to see whether it matches or even beats Mako in the airtime stakes
Icebreaker has strong pops of ejector but Mako's air is a lot more sustained despite being weaker. Overall I think Mako is more fun and I much prefer the seats and restraints to Icebreaker.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
This thing is a pretty incredible family coaster. strong pops of ejector, great forces, and also no inversions to intimidate. Biggest downsides are the low throughput and getting in and out of the trains can be difficult. Oh and comfort collars are still trash.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
@Matt N
It honestly could have been an awesome little ride but it's definitely not tall people friendly. (Much like the SRIIs) it's *very* awkward to get in and out of... I felt very squished once in the seat....and the lapbars are extremely un-airtime friendly! (The ride has way more air than I expected tho') And there's the terrible shin guard. I also got one real bad karate chop to the neck from the comfort strap.

And on an inconsistency note, I was forced to put my glasses in a locker as they're "not allowed" on the ride..... only to get in the station and see at least 4 riders on the ride, with glasses on 🙃......and to top it off, my locker got jammed and none of the staff at the locker area or ID check (because it's passholders only right now) were able to help.... so they sent me to a gift shop where I had to find another employee who had to call yet another employee to come from another area in the park....to get me into my locker some 20 minutes later, stressing me out since I didn't have my glasses.

Pear

Strata Poster
I was forced to put my glasses in a locker as they're "not allowed" on the ride..... only to get in the station and see at least 4 riders on the ride, with glasses on 🙃
I haven't been allowed to wear my glasses on any of the Premiers at SEAS parks for some reason even though I could wear them on pretty much every other ride. I didn't see anyone else ride with glasses though however and the ops didn't make me get a locker they either let me put it in a zipper pocket on my jacket or they put it to the side of the station in one of the op only areas and gave them back to me afterwards.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
BGT has a little belt bag they give you for glasses, SeaWorld doesn't. And I'm 99% sure I just had my glasses on, at Tempesto haha

Indy

Hyper Poster
If it's a common issue on Premier's coasters, then it is possible that it could be a manufacturer guideline set by Premier. That'd be a little strange, but not as strange as SeaWorld inexplicably stating that you can't wear glasses on just those coasters.

Matt N

CF Legend
That's really interesting; there was an awful lot of hype about this being a "family thrill coaster" due to the height restriction, even by the park. So now that they've raised the height requirement to the same as the B&Ms, it would almost appear to nullify the ride's original purpose, in a sense. I guess it could still function as a "starter thrill coaster", though, for people who can't quite work up the courage to ride the B&Ms, and it does still fill the void of a launch coaster, so it's still a very worthwhile addition to the lineup in that regard.

Most interestingly of all, VelociCoaster up at Universal Orlando, which is vastly larger and appears more intense than IB, actually has a lower height restriction, only having a 51" or 52" height requirement (I'm not sure which)... I wonder what made SWO up the height restriction? I did hear reports of people saying it was more intense than expected (I've heard "more intense forces than Mako" thrown around by a few), so maybe SWO felt it was too intense to be a family thrill ride?

SkyrushSimp

Mega Poster
I just rode this today, talk about a weird ride. The trains were pretty bad, I will admit. Very cramped and uncomfortable, just like the Skyrocket 2's. I didn't mind the lap bars, but on all the airtime moments the comfort collars really dug into my shoulders. After only 2 rides, my shoulders couldn't take it. The airtime it self was good. I especially liked the top hat and the pop of airtime before that. After that it's a pretty standard family coaster, however.

Overall, I rate a 6/10. Its a decent family coaster, but the trains and comfort collars limit this ride from being great.