What's new

davidm

Strata Poster
If it starts out in the old Drachen Fire area and heads over to where those new permits show (on that link) then it does looks pretty big. But if its just in the area on that link, then it doesn't look that big at all?

Howie

Donkey in a hat
B&M giga - nice, but oh so expensive. For that sort of money they could add significant attractions in 2 or 3 other parks in the chain that are far more in need of investment than BGW.
Massive Starflyer - feasible, I guess, but with a Windseeker just up the road at Kings Dominion it might be a bit too 'samey' for a new headline ride.
Therefore my money is on a drop tower, probably a tilting one like Falcon's Fury at BGT, with the rest of the space outlined on those^ links being used for a new themed area.
Let's face it, the drop tower they already have is a bit naff, so a high-tech upgrade would be a good fit. Maybe...

Matt N

CF Legend
B&M giga - nice, but oh so expensive. For that sort of money they could add significant attractions in 2 or 3 other parks in the chain that are far more in need of investment than BGW.
Massive Starflyer - feasible, I guess, but with a Windseeker just up the road at Kings Dominion it might be a bit too 'samey' for a new headline ride.
Therefore my money is on a drop tower, probably a tilting one like Falcon's Fury at BGT, with the rest of the space outlined on those^ links being used for a new themed area.
Let's face it, the drop tower they already have is a bit naff, so a high-tech upgrade would be a good fit. Maybe...
They (BGWFans) seem to have determined that it's probably a coaster, though, as footers can apparently be spotted in the application. I agree with you that an FF-style drop tower would fit well in BGW, though. Well, an Intamin Sky Jump would be great anywhere, because Falcon's Fury is amazing, in my opinion; my personal favourite drop tower!

Lofty

CF Legend
They wouldn't buy another drop tower after Mack Tower. Doubtful.

I do think that it will more than likely end up a coaster - I just don't see it being a Giga in that space?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Intriguing stuff, will be interesting to find out what it is. Although with an expected 2020 opening we probably won't know for certain for a while, or how early do Busch announce things?

Had read ages ago some rumours of it being from Intamin. One even suggesting it would be a launch/accelerator coaster.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Intriguing stuff, will be interesting to find out what it is. Although with an expected 2020 opening we probably won't know for certain for a while, or how early do Busch announce things?

Had read ages ago some rumours of it being from Intamin. One even suggesting it would be a launch/accelerator coaster.
That would be just what the park needs to compliment it's lineup so yes please! (Intamin launcher please!)

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
The article itself states:

"The park was granted a height waiver for 315 feet above grade. If this coaster reaches that height and dives into the Rhine River’s ravine, the first drop on this attraction could be truly monumental."

So I really can't see this being anything other than a giga.

Matt N

CF Legend
Maybe it could be something like Red Force at Ferrari Land, if an Intamin launch coaster is rumoured? The only spanner in the works there, though, is that BGW apparently don't work with Intamin after issues they encountered with Escape from Pompeii, which is apparently why Mach Tower is a Moser and Verbolten is a Zierer. So maybe an S&S compressed air launch coaster, like the Bullet Coasters at Happy Valley parks, but 315ft tall, would be a good fit? I've heard that the company's Chinese launch coasters are supposed to be brilliant, and I would also imagine that it would cost a lot less than a ride from a company like Intamin, which is good for a company like SeaWorld, who aren't in the best of financial states at the moment from what I can tell.

Or maybe this might not be a launch coaster at all, as BGW already has 2; both of which are relatively modern. In that case, a giga would be an obvious option, in my opinion. A B&M would be nice, but I don't know if it would be a bit too costly for SeaWorld. BGW apparently don't work with Intamin and I'm not sure if Morgan would build them a giga coaster anymore, so that's all the current manufacturers who have built giga coasters ruled out. On a random note, does Morgan even still exist as a company?

So maybe we'll see a giga from a company who's never built one before. My personal top two contenders for this would be Mack and Vekoma. Now let me explain why. Mack Rides have built 3 hypercoasters, and I could imagine that this hardware is easily transferable to a giga coaster. Vekoma have not yet built a hyper coaster, but they did propose a hyper to Energylandia, so they're clearly interested in building a ride of that scale. Also, a giga at BGW could potentially be the ride that Vekoma needs to accelerate itself back onto the US coaster scene. They've proven that they can build a decent coaster with rides like Lech Coaster, so I can imagine that a Vekoma giga coaster would be quite well received. I'd imagine Vekoma are also a fair bit cheaper than the likes of B&M, Intamin and Mack, so it would be a decent, but also budget-friendly gateway into the world of giga coasters for BGW, in my opinion.

I'm not necessarily ruling out B&M or Intamin, though. SeaWorld built Mako for SeaWorld Orlando in 2016, so the budget might well be there for a B&M giga. Intamin have built many rides for other SeaWorld parks, and Pompeii opened nearly 10 years ago (I think?), so it wouldn't surprise me if BGW were willing to reconcile with Intamin.
P.S. Sorry for long post. Also, sorry if any of the ideas I've suggested are a little too outlandish.

J Rod

Roller Poster
Haven't rumors hinted towards a Spain themed area for a while now? I'm sure a new area will have some sort of coaster in it, but I can't see them affording a giga to go along with an expansion. I'd love to be wrong, but I'd bet on this being a Starflyer or some sort of tower ride.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
What about a sort of Kärnan-esque coaster with a vertical lifthill and nearly equally vertical drop? Enclosing the lift hill in a tower and slapping a spire on it could bring the total height up towards the 315 feet ceiling, while keeping the footprint of the first hill relatively small. Meanwhile, Gerstlauer probably isn't as expensive as Intamin or B&M.

Jstanich

Roller Poster
Haven't rumors hinted towards a Spain themed area for a while now? I'm sure a new area will have some sort of coaster in it, but I can't see them affording a giga to go along with an expansion. I'd love to be wrong, but I'd bet on this being a Starflyer or some sort of tower ride.
I’d say this is the most likely outcome. Tower ride with a smaller coaster. Looking at an aerial view of BG, the length of the plot of land is pretty much the same length as Apollo’s Chariot’s turn around after the final brake run to the top of the lift hill. Unless they do something like as has been mentioned like a launch coaster or something creative I don’t see how they fit a giga in there.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Confirmed
e1f901cfce423406684f06920939d726.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kozmo

Roller Poster
If bgw is getting a massive coaster while poor bgt is sitting over here with gwazi rotting away I might just be a whole lot of mad -_- [insert profanities here]

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
Honestly, BGT needs something that has no inversions in it
But I love BGW a lot so I not mad at all.

Mod edit: This post does not need 15 line shifts between its two sentences.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kozmo

Roller Poster
I'm only mad because I live roughly 30mins from bgt and I've been watching gwazi rot since they closed it in 2015 and have literally done nothing with it but reuse wood from it ....... Oh and the fact that rumor has it we're getting a craptastic coaster in place of tidal wave ......... :(:(:(:(

Kozmo

Roller Poster
I'm honestly not too excited for it :emoji_shrug: but maybe it will change my mind ..... If it doesn't then I'll just keep riding kumba 4 times in a row since there's usually not a line and with a new ride in the park I'm sure the wait will be even shorter so that's a plus

I'm really not that mad I'm just crabby in general :emoji_joy: