What's new

Season pass offers

Christian

Hyper Poster
Hi!

Just looked through the Liseberg website and stumbled upon a pretty well hidden section titled "Offers". It is only available in Swedish. There are the usual buy a meal get a free coffee, ice cream or even oyster but I also found something way better. Apparently with my Gold Season Pass, I have free entry and rides at Europa Park, Efteling, Tripsdrill, Isla Magica and Blackpool Pleasure Beach. It also includes a 50% discount at Fårup Sommarland and a 40% discount at the Plopsa parks. Here is the "hidden" web page: https://www.liseberg.se/erbjudanden-for-arspass/europas-nojesparker/.

If I would have used these discounts this summer, I would have saved almost 200€. That is almost how much my Season Pass costs.

Does your park have similar hidden discounts or any special deals included in the season pass? Post them here and we help each other.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Believe Blackpool's pass has 1 free entry into Liseberg and Portaventura, possibly others. Plopsa pass has up to 50% off almost everywhere in the Benelux region. Did a big Benelux trip in 2019, think I saved more on the Plopsa partner offers than I did at the Plopsa parks themselves!

Katy

Roller Poster
For 2022 (hopefully repeated in 2023, not yet confirmed but its been running for several years now), Blackpool Pleasure Beach season passes include one free entry to:

Liseberg
Port Aventura
Europa Park
Efteling
Isla Magica

Trax

Hyper Poster
Liseberg might have the best annual pass when it comes to price/performance.
The small one (just park entry, no ride access), features a free entry to Efteling, Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Tripsdrill. In addition, it gives 40% discount for Plopsa parks and 50% at Farup.
Prior to Covid, it also featured 50% discount at Djurs and one free entry at Port Aventura.
The large annual pass also features one access to Europa Park.
The costs are around 35-40€, and it can be purchased and used via the Liseberg App.
Check https://www.liseberg.se/erbjudanden-for-arspass/europas-nojesparker/ for more details.

Slagharen season pass (Platin)
Gives you one time free access to other Parques Reunidos Parks in Europe, including Bonbonland, Mirabilandia, Park Warner, Parque Attracciones and Tusenfryd + a decent amounts of discounts. If I recall correctly, 5-times Movie Park Germany + 5 times Bobbejaanland are also included. Normal price is 100€, but usually, they have a Black November offer with some discount. On top, you get some nice discounts, including Plopsa, Wildlands Emmen and Walibi.
At least for germany, they used to send out the season pass via mail, so no need to pick it up.
alternatively: Movie park germany season pass (Gold/Platin) pretty much the same as Slagharen, but including 1 entry to Efteling. However, it costs 120/150€ and you will have to pick it up at the park first.

Personally, I think that those are best season passes to have, especially when planning a trip to Madrid for next year. I'd prefer Slagharen over Movie Park, as it's not only cheaper, but will be send to you (check the Black November offers!). Yes, you are missing out on Efteling, but if you plan to visit pleasure beach or Tripsdrill in the same year, Liseberg is the better option.

Usually, those 1-time free entries are mostly shared between all participating parks. So e.g. Blackpools annual pass will get you into Efteling, Europapark and Port Aventura.

Last edited:

Christian

Hyper Poster
The Liseberg passes used to be further OP when you had concerts included. Nowadays you need to pay 50kr (5€) per concert. The only entrance pass is 345kr, while a single entrance is between 125kr and 175kr depending on the day. Though, if you also want to ride something you need to get a rides pass which is only 50kr cheaper than buying the single day ticket (entrance+rides). It is great value if you enter more than 2/3 times per year but pretty pointless if you also want to ride.

The entrance+rides annual pass (Gold pass) is 2195kr which is fairly expensive for a season pass. single day entrance + rides is between 255kr and 645kr (cheapest in the winter and most expensive in the summer). For a season pass to pay off you need 9 of the cheapest entrances or 3 pf the expensive entrances. This makes the Liseberg pass a lot less useful than let's say Six Flags passes which usually payed off after 2 visits, regardless of day.

At Liseberg we also rarely get any good discounts and no +1s ever. Best we got was only a one day offer to have a 50% discount on a +1. Gotta say though that Liseberg season passes are a lot better than Gröna Lund ones. Those cost 1699kr and are only valid for the summer. Though Parks and Resorts usually give good season pass discounts. Even 50% off sometimes, making them very good value.

Liseberg passes are also much better value than Europa Park passes which offer entrances that are similarly priced to Liseberg but the season pass costs double.

Overall, Lisberg passes aren't the best value out there but certainly not the worst. If concerts were still included they would be among the best. If you are someone like me who lives 500m away from the park and does about 30 yearly visits they are a no brainer, but if you are a visiting tourist they are really not worth it.

Last edited:

Trax

Hyper Poster
The Liseberg pass (the small one) is great value, if you plan to visit e.g. Efteling once a year, and have no discounts via other annual passes. As I live not to far away from Holidaypark (-40%) and Tripsdrill (1 time free entry), it is really worth it for me. But I agree that this is more a kind of "3 parks one ticket" investement, as there are few reasons for us enthusiasts to purchase it to visit only Liseberg.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Slagharen season pass (Platin)
Gives you one time free access to other Parques Reunidos Parks in Europe, including Bonbonland, Mirabilandia, Park Warner, Parque Attracciones and Tusenfryd + a decent amounts of discounts. If I recall correctly, 5-times Movie Park Germany + 5 times Bobbejaanland are also included. Normal price is 100€, but usually, they have a Black November offer with some discount. On top, you get some nice discounts, including Plopsa, Wildlands Emmen and Walibi.
At least for germany, they used to send out the season pass via mail, so no need to pick it up.
alternatively: Movie park germany season pass (Gold/Platin) pretty much the same as Slagharen, but including 1 entry to Efteling. However, it costs 120/150€ and you will have to pick it up at the park first.
Same with BonBon Land, if you buy now, you get the rest of this season and the whole of next year... Well that's Madrid sorted then!

cookie

Giga Poster
The Walibi Belgium season pass I bought for €85 in 2021 gave me:
  • 50% off at all other Compagnie des Alpes parks (Walibi Holland, Bellewaerde, and Parc Astérix in my case). AFAIK, WH and Astérix can only be purchased at the counter, while at Bellewaerde there's a special website where you buy a dated ticket with a promo code: https://tickets-for-parks.be/?l=nl
  • 40% off at the Plopsa parks.
  • 40% off at Movie Park Germany (not Bobbejaanland for some reason). Tickets for MPG and the Plopsa tickets can be bought online with a code.
  • 20% off at Toverland. AFAIK this is on-site only.
  • FREE at Efteling — Walibi’s website claims it’s only a 20% discount, but the lady at the counter at Efteling said it was free entry and I took a photo of the ticket as proof:
68336724006__3101A9DD-E7D8-4DAE-9D2D-7DEBB8FBAE77.JPG

I think I've saved over €150 on these discounts alone (which doesn't include the €135 I've saved over five total visits to Walibi Belgium) on the same pass across 2021/2022. They’ve jacked up the prices for a season pass to €105 now, but all of the benefits should still be valid.

Last edited: