What's new

Sea World San Antonio | Texas Stingray | Wooden Coaster

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I assume Gwazi had 4 trains in total though right? So the 2 that were not used on InvadR could be heading here.

Good point actually! Unless they've flogged the other two already. If I did a bit of digging I could probably find out either way if they hung on to the other lot after Gwazi closed for good.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Good point actually! Unless they've flogged the other two already. If I did a bit of digging I could probably find out either way if they hung on to the other lot after Gwazi closed for good.
It would make a lot of sense to do this, better economically to recycle old trains than make new ones. Gwazi had 4 trains with 12 cars per train, 48 cars total. 16 of them went to InvadR (8 cars per train), and 24 will likely be going to Texas Stingray. Meaning that 8 trailered cars (no zero-cars left) are still unused, which I guess SeaWorld will either sell back to GCI to be refurbished for future projects for them, or they'll be used for parts for InvadR and Texas Stingray.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I posted my Sea World trip report yesterday and then forgot to share my Stingray photos here. A significant amount of the ride is built already and looks pretty good! I would not be surprised to see the structure completed by the end of the year, and it's starting to look like they'll be opening Stingray earlier rather than later. This project is becoming more and more exciting!

PzrspJW.jpg

kdBf6RA.jpg

GAkQbRo.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's much... bigger than I expected.

That drop (or climb?) underneath the crane in the last photo looks great!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Another view of the ride's current status:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/djruy9

And the park also released a video that gives some more unique views and better frames the progress the construction crews have made:

What isn't clear yet is how much of the ride in the backfield has been completed. They're currently building the crossover traversing the first valley as well as the bunny hills running out to the backfield, but it remains to be seen if the turns behind the lift have yet to be constructed.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Do we know if the trains were refurbished from Gwazi?

I just noticed that the passenger car connected to the zero car is not usually the car that goes there, the first passenger car usually has a much taller, and rectangular front.