What's new

Sea Life Oberhausen | Water Chute

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah, not exactly thrilling news, but its different to see a Sealife Centre branch out with a ride.

grundsteinlegung00.jpg

artworkwildwasserbahnse.jpg

http://www.nrw-parks.de/

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Re: Water Chute for Sealife Centre

Cool. Not to start guessing at this but that top support makes this look a lot like the same type as Tidal Wave. If it is, I'm there.

Lofty

CF Legend

Fantastic. I'm really glad they're branching out. Sea Life will hopefully become the new Seaworld (after many, MANY years, of course), obviously, not as much of a **** hole though ;)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

I went the one on Great Yarmouth, they are already there on the hole front ;)

nadroJ

CF Legend

That's a really good idea, but the UK SeaLifes just don't have the room for something like that, which is lame <//3

It looks like the boat goes through one of those little glass observation tunnels too, cool!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Interesting idea, not something we'd ever see rolled out amongst every Sea-Life though, which is a shame, but hey, if there's one thing the Sea-Life brand needs, it's diversity amongst them...

nadroJ

CF Legend

^ha, definitely! How funny would it be to see a ride like this at the London aquarium, jutting out over the Thames hahaha

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

If that happened it would make Flamingoland's splash ride's water look positively healthy...

gunmonkey

Roller Poster

Weymouth Sea life has a log flume that goes through a indoor crocodile enclosure, not biggest log flume in the world but pretty unique. They also expanded to a nicely themed area with small rides like a small drop tower, spinning tug and water round about. Appears to be a trend they are going to build on.

Attachments

• weymouth2.jpg
    weymouth2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 103
  • weymouth3.jpg
    weymouth3.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 103
  • weymouth4.jpg
    weymouth4.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 103

Martyn B

CF Legend

Is that actually the SeaLife centre though? I remember seeing that a while back, but I thought it was some kind seperate kids park thing...?

gunmonkey

Roller Poster

That is Sealife I promise, there is a separate park on the same plot which is called 'Leisure Ranch' which has a credit!( if your desparate) . If you check google maps you can walk round the Sea Life and take a look. There was an article a while ago about Merlin attempting to buy Leisure Ranch to expand ( struggling to find it) and hopefully they would re theme the coaster ( pic attatched )

Attachments

• ranch.jpg
    ranch.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 100

nadroJ

CF Legend

The one operated by THE TROLL! Awesome, I KNEW I wouldn't have overlooked that, it being so close to Southampton ;] Still want the log flume through crocodiles thing though <3

TilenB

Strata Poster

One in Italy is right by the doors of Gardaland, if we are going this way

Nic

Strata Poster
^ Yeah, but that's a bit different. It's basically in Gardaland's car park for anyone who's not been. If we want to play that game, don't forget the SeaLife centres INSIDE CWoA and Alton (and the sub thing at Legoland that I've still not been on.) You can't claim that it's the same as having rides at a SealLife though.

Plus, I can't be the only one to notice the trademark Merlin **** shipping container in the concept art?!

Nic

Strata Poster
I'm guessing it's some kind of shop/ORP booth?

EDIT: Oh, were you talking about the blue ones under the drop? Yeah, wtf? Maintenence sheds? Although they seem in an odd location for that

Lofty

CF Legend
That looks like a great addition for the place. I love the fact it's not just simple a flume ride with a lift and drop, the fact it meanders some little theming elements and enclosures before the drop.