Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Arrow Dynamics

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Both Even

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jer

Strata Poster
So HAJiMe let me get this straight....If your trasitions are bad your automatically a bad company?

just becuase shawartzkophts are smooth makes them good?. To be honest I like the layouts of GASM, and Viper, no one has ever tried thoes layouts before, and not even today have they been done again, (heck you don't even see 2 consecutive loops anymore).

Oh and I just so happen to like Jackson Pollack :) :lol:

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Give me MindBender here at SFOG. I've never seen a coaster age as well as that has. I've really never ridden an Arrow or a Schwarzkopf I didn't like to some extent. (For the record, I've done 19 Arrow and 6 Schwarzkopf) Of those, I much prefer the Scwarzkopfs, I'd say. Very intense, but also smooth and comfortable. I'll take Schwarzkopf.

Almost

Hyper Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Better rides? Arrow.. mostly and almost only for Magnum. Of all the rides built by either company, Maggy is head and shoulders above all competition.. IMO of course.

I think thats an exagguration. Head and shoulders above Mindbender? I dunno about that Snoo.

Schwarzkopf has made many more better rides than Arrow and therefore, the better company.

Snoo

The Legend
Almost said:
SnooSnoo said:
Better rides? Arrow.. mostly and almost only for Magnum. Of all the rides built by either company, Maggy is head and shoulders above all competition.. IMO of course.

I think thats an exagguration. Head and shoulders above Mindbender? I dunno about that Snoo.

Schwarzkopf has made many more better rides than Arrow and therefore, the better company.

How about a head above? :roll:

I'm not doubting MB's brilliance, as i've heard much goodness, but I'm willing to bet, after my sexual excursions in all the new parks I'm going to this summer, Maggy will still be in my top 10. I believe I wouldn't say the same for Mind Bender.

Of course, as I said before, this is all my opinion.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
UC said:
Schwarzkopf has consistancy, yes, but if you line up Schwarzkopf's best with Arrow's best, I'm willing to bet Arrow wins.
Of course. But i don't think that makes Arrow the better company

If you lined up The worst Schwarz and the worst Arrow's... Arrow would win that too. :lol:

Dragon's Fury is amazing. But that doesn't stop MS from being a joke. :p

Same with Vekoma, they do make good rides that i really enjoy. But the company is still abit wtf.

My Schwarz or Arrow experiance is hardly high, and the only 'big' Schwarz i've done would be Bullet and Magnum. I didn't like Bullet, but i adored Magnum. I think just by looking at them, you can tell they were better designed, manufactured and built than any Arrow.

Magnum Force blew me away. I loved the sweeping drops, the pace of the ride, the loops were forceful... and the whole ride felt like you were on show to the queueline. It was just amazing.

Bullet's restraint ruined it from me. But other than that it was cool.

I really can't wait for Nightmare.

UC said:
I don't even count PMBO, because it's a garbage ride.

But you make it sound like Schwarzkopf didn't create garbage rides.
I think that's hypocrytical. XD Admitting that you ignored PMBO and then telling me i ignore all the crap Schwarz has churned out...?

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
I don't even count PMBO, because it's a garbage ride.

Yeah lets judge a ride we havent done :roll:

Personally I prefer Arrow, but I wont go into detail because I'll get slated ;)

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Bickooooooooo said:
Yeah lets judge a ride we havent done
But it IS garbage, Bicko. Look at it... i mean, seroiously. Look at it and compare it to Magnum. Don't defend it based on the goodness of it's charm, or it's enjoyiment factor, becuase we're not disgussing that right now.

Blackpool is my favourite park... and i love PMBO because it's f-ing halarious. The first drop is amazing but that's it's only good point in real coaster terms.

YouSee said:
See, the thing is, you constantly attack Arrow's bad rides - but you never give them credit for the cool things they did. Suspended coasters, the inversion wars, massive multi-loopers, the height/speed race, those were all things started by Arrow in conjunction with the parks they worked with.
Well, then i will give them credit just to make you happy UC. <3

I loved old Vampire, until Vekoma neutured it and i love Revolution. Ya know, in all honesty i forgot about pool ol' Rev. I love rev. Arrow shuttleloops are awesome, or at least our one is. But i love rev in a very 'Ultimate-esque' sense too. :lol:

Oh, yeah, by thr way have you ridden one? I wanted to know if the others were as intense?

Patrick

Hyper Poster
I haven't been on either, But I know how Schwarzkopf have been such a big impact on the coaster industry, So have Arrow, But I've heard they were rough things. So my votes going or Schwarzkopf.

Rob

Mega Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
As for whoever said that Schwarzkopf did alot for the amusement industry, well, don't forget Arrow's many contributions - first successful looping coaster (Corkscrew at Knott's), first successful Suspended coaster, etc. etc. - Arrow contributed just as much as Schwarzkopf did - just at a later time.

That was me.
You are correct, Arrow did do a lot for the coaster industry, but equally, so did schwarzkopf. (I voted for both even, so im not just defending schwarzkopf here) I think the fact Vekoma copied Arrows designs says a lot about the quality they must of been, or maybe Arrow didn't have copy right? Im not sure, but iI think the fact someone copied must mean something. But then again, you have the Schwarzkopf coasters, the rides were fast, thrilling, smooth, and above all, innovative. Arrow simply don't match this standard. They are genrally rough, and not overally thrilling. While both companies have their credits, I think Schwarzkopf seem to have done more for the industry. Another point is that most people who havn't visited europe won't of experienced the best Schwarzkopf coasters. The main ones seen in america are both types of Shuttle loop, so people may not of experienced some of the different/more custom (compact, thrilling and forceful) coasters seen travveling around and in smaller parks in europe. A prime example is olympia looping, 5 loops, over 130ft, and portable. Having said that, from a buisness success point, I would much rather be the boss of Arrow, atleast until X.

A

Anonymous

I learned something today. I really agree with UC about them being equal but the fact is that Big Bad Wolf was, like Drachen Fire, not designed by Arrow. It was designed originally by, well, Schwarzkopf. Arrow took over the building after the footers had been put down. Schwarzkopf went bankrupt and BGW gave the project over to arrow because of the success of LNM.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm not going to base my judgement here on what each company did for the industry, as after reading through this I'm pretty convinced they're equal in that way. I am, however, going to judge based on the coasters I've enjoyed riding more, and that would have to go to Schwartzkopf.

UC made a good point though, in that the best Schwartzkopfs are in Europe (with the possible exception of Mindbender, and of course now Magnum which is in Mexico) while the best Arrows seem to be in the U.S.A.

I don't think there are many people who would have experience of both the European Schwartzes and the American Arrows for us to get a truly fair opinion.