What's new

Schlitterbahn Galveston | MASSIV | Water coaster

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/b...ahn-World-s-tallest-water-coaster-6804511.php

So Schlitterbahn Galveston will be getting the world's tallest water coaster in the coming years. The only official known stat is the length, which is 926 feet long. The slide isn't going to be like Verrukt, but rather a traditional water coaster. Here's a side view of the layout:

oUe3xxh.jpg

Image from the link above.

Discuss.

Gazza

Giga Poster
I think the last dipping triple down looks a bit crap. Big drops on water slides like that are never actually that exciting.

Dar

Hyper Poster
I wonder when they're going to have to start putting lifts on these things. I'm a fatty and 126 stairs would probably kill any enjoyment of the actual slide!

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah I'd climb those things once and then sack it off again.

Not because I'm lazy but those things give me proper vertigo xD

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ Weird, the dinghies on these 'water coasters' are usually much heavier than on the other slides, so I can't really see the reason behind the decision of not installing a lift on this slide...

Snoo

The Legend
Dar said:
Hang on:
To experience MASSIV, riders will carry a tube to the top of 123 steps, because there's no elevator

Fact.

That's the one problem with these things being so massive. The trip, especially with a boat, is tasking for even fit folks.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
IMO the tower dosen't look any taller than what you have to climb for a regular speed slide, an people does that lot's of times. Also the tubes for blaster slides have coming along so they are nowadays not any heavier than regular tubes. I do agree that a conveyor belt would have been good though..

mb_02.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
Shirofukurou said:
Most people could use the exercise to be honest.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
You might be my most favourite person at the moment for posting that.

The climbing of the stairs at waterparks doesn't bother me whatsoever, and this is coming from somebody with an excessively damaged knee. The thing is, you ride them with a pay off at the end (Ooh Err), so you sort of excuse the climbing of the stairs.

Shirofukurou

Mega Poster
Lofty said:
Shirofukurou said:
Most people could use the exercise to be honest.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
You might be my most favourite person at the moment for posting that.

The climbing of the stairs at waterparks doesn't bother me whatsoever, and this is coming from somebody with an excessively damaged knee. The thing is, you ride them with a pay off at the end (Ooh Err), so you sort of excuse the climbing of the stairs.
I'm someone's favorite person! <3

But yes, I do think the inclusion of stairs on waterslides is a good health incentive you don't see many places. That is, unless you're afraid of heights (even though this is a roller coaster forum, guys!)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^The thing with heights is that on roller coasters and things that I'm very well secured in, I'm fine. But if I have nothing but a rope or a railing(or nothing, even), then just no.

Shirofukurou

Mega Poster
^Fair point. But remember that those railings are enough to keep you on the stairs unless you actually try to climb over them, so that's why I feel safe on the stairs.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
It's a Master Blaster... These things can start from the bottom and work up. Why the need for a hundred odd steps is needed is beyond me knowing this face.