What's new

Saw: The Ride - Now Scarier...?

A

Anonymous

Anyone else seen the adverts saying that Saw: The Ride is now even scarier?

Any ideas what they've actually done to justify this claim?

Ollie

CF Legend
I saw this as well. Nothing has changed about the ride at all.
TBH I don't see why they've still advertising a ride they got in 2009. It's coming up to 2012 now lol.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Nothing else worthwhile to advertise... Why not remind people over the summer that there's the world's scariest roller-coaster (never been on Whirlwind have Thorpe have they?) at the park...

It's all brand awareness and theme parks = coasters...

Plus, attendance is down this year as well from the expected... So more advertising pushes to get the people coming in...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It still a **** ride.

Well, the ride isn't ****. The theme is.

marc

CF Legend
You can tell the numbers are down due to all the offers that are on FB all the time lol, 1st time I have seen so many offers.

For me the live actors add nothing really, they were there for GF and well they may as well have not been.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ For years there have always been 2 for 1 and half price offers, so unless these facebook offers are better than that, I would say it suggests anything.

TBH I don't see why they've still advertising a ride they got in 2009. It's coming up to 2012 now lol.

Its probably because of the Saw brand.

AltonTowersFan

Mega Poster
The reason why Saw is now scarier:
The logic is simple:

it is older than it was last year it has now been open for 2 years
therefore it thus more likely to suffer a problem
therefore more chance of dying REASONING :
last year there were no fatalities on the ride
the chance of dying on a roller-coaster is 1 in 300,000,000 ( ref -> http://wiki.answers...._roller_coaster)
saw has a throughput of 1000 people/hour (ref -> http://www.totalthor...guide/saw.shtml) park is open 10-6 on average = 8 hrs = 8000 people rides per day
the park is open 17 March 2011 to 6 November 2011 which is 234 days (I think) = 234*8000 = 1,872,000 * 2 years = 3,744,000
therefore in the minds of most of the public that gives them about 3,744,000 /300,000,000 chance of dying on a ride of saw = 0.01248, therefore 12 people in every 1000 now die.
or if they don't fall down the put the wrong numbers in the wrong places rule they say subtract the odds, so the chance is now 1 in 296256000

Note the maths is deliberately incorrect, the chance of dying now is near enough the same as it was, 1 in 300,000,000. In the above I have deliberately made the kind of statistical errors that the average person (or marketing person) does.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I bet this is the future we see for the Merlin parks, building one 'large' investment, advertising it for a few years until the next 'large investment' comes along. That being said, at least Thorpe gets new attractions quite regularly. Look at Alton, advertsing past attractions because they can't advertise anything else.

Don't worry, we'll have many years of **** Swarm advertising to moan about I'm sure.

mouse

Giga Poster
Saw seems to be Thorpe's 'golden' ride at the moment, everyone (well, not everyone) seems to be talking about it, and comparing it to other UK coasters.
Merlin have probably picked up on this, and used it as a selling point, hoping that people will of heard of the ride and want to go and ride it.