What's new

Saw Film Saw Ride?

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
I went on saw the ride and i just finished watching the film, and i was wondering. Saw the ride has fantastic theming but , most of the theming is from the first saw film, Because on the thorpe park website when the ride first opened they said they have combined it with all the saw films,,, but They havent, does anyone one know anymore///???

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Moved to Q&A - in case anyone wants to answer? Ollie?

Ollie

CF Legend
The only themeing from the first film is the bathroom scene. The Rack in the queue is the actual prop used in the third film. Also the blades swinging before you drop are in the 5th film at the start.
Most of the sketches and traps in the station are custom designed and not used in any of the films as it's meant to be Jigsaws workshop where he's building and designing different traps.
So yeah the references to the films aren't just from the first one and are spread over films Saw 1-5.

Ben

CF Legend
^The guy caught in barbed wire is also from the first film. Your point still stands, but, you forgot that :p

Ollie

CF Legend
^I wasn't planning on listing everything. :p
Oh and you missed the blades under the main drop outdoors are from the 5th film as well but they're just blown up to jumbo size which is why I didn't count them.

Ben

CF Legend
Ollie said:
^I wasn't planning on listing everything.

Ollie said:
The only themeing from the first film is the bathroom scene.

Come on Oliver, you can do better than that :p

And I'm not convinced the saws outside are specifically there because of the fifth film. Unless I'm forgetting a bit from the fifth film, I only remember the part where there was one blade, and here there's multiple. I have only seen it once though because, well... it's terrible. Because these sort of things are important, like.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Sorry. I have disgraced myself in the name of Saw fanboy. ;)

BUT... Ben clearly forgot about the shotguns in the queue. Also from the first film. :p

I've only seen the 5th film twice and the saws under the drop probably weren't put in with reference as they just wanted to make the drop a little more exciting.
You should see 6 though. It's improved again now and is probably the 2nd or 3rd best out of all the Saw films.

Ben

CF Legend
Haha, I KNEW I was forgetting something else from the first film, spite :(

And I did see 6 actually, I really liked it! Definitely put the series back where it hasn't been since the second one. Very much approved of it! My third favourite of the lot! Though, I did want to see that thing work if you know what I mean... that thing they've been teasing us with for a while... I JUST WANT TO SEE THAT USED.

Ollie

CF Legend
I can't remember what that was. Only see the 6th one once and that was all the way back in October last year. I'm sure of someone jogged my memory I'd remember it. But yeah Saw VI was a massive improvement. :)

Anyway. There's nothing I can think of from the films out the top of my head. The crossbows that shoot syringes in the ride are pap and aren't in any of the films. They could of done so much more with that section of the ride.

Oh and have you noticed in the bathroom scene the sawed off foot chained to the right hand wall? There's so much detail in that scene that's missed as you go through it to quickly while being twisted upside down.

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
But comeon, The bathroom scene, the shotguns, the barbed wire, most of it is from the firdt filj and it only has a few parts from the other scenes

Ollie

CF Legend
^There's an edit button you know?
And the reason most the links between the ride and film are with the first one is because that's the one almost everyone's seen. Not everyone's seen all the Saw films so the ride goes down better with the public if most of them can spot things from the films.

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
From SAW:
-Shotguns in queue (Sing)
-Barbed wire trap (Paul)
-Bathroom trap (Gordon, Adam)
-Billy on tricycle at start of ride (Walls look similar to in Amandas trap)

From SAW II:
-The whole warehouse theme (Wilson Steel)
-Possibly the spikes on first drop, could represent the needle pit, doubt it though

From SAW III:
-The Rack (Timothy)
-The Saws on the main drop (Pig Vat-Jeff/Judge Holden)
-"Face your fears" written on wall
-Chains before lift hill (Troy)

From SAW IV:
-"The games have just begun" written on wall

From SAW V:
-Swinging blade at first drop (Seth-Pendulum trap)

RCF

Strata Poster
^ when it's someone with SAW in their name you'd expect it.......

COME ON OLIVER!!!!!!!!!!!

:wink: