What's new

Save Dreamland campaign gets new ride!

peep

CF Legend
The Save Dreamland campaign have just acquired Blackpool's junior whip. They have had lots of help to bring down costs but still need to raise £632.50 to pay the delivery guy.

I think it's brilliant they have got another attraction to add to their list and in a way it's great that peeps can help out by donating a little bit of cash. Couple years down the line you could say "I helped them get this ride to Dreamland" :p

More info at the campaign's website www.savedreamland.co.uk

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I was wondering what had happened to that. The kids all really loved it, Minor_Furie more so than a full sized Whip!!!

Martyn B

CF Legend
I never saw a junior Whip at PBB? Where was it? I only ever remember seeing the full size whip just sitting there un-used looking all lonely :(

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Martyn B said:
I never saw a junior Whip at PBB? Where was it? I only ever remember seeing the full size whip just sitting there un-used looking all lonely :(

Walking from Avalanche towards PMBO, it was on the left...I think. Under Irn Bru Revolution.

w00t, another ride etc, but nothing for me so I won't be heading there anytime soon. :(

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Ian said:
Martyn B said:

Walking from Avalanche towards PMBO, it was on the left...I think. Under Irn Bru Revolution.

w00t, another ride etc, but nothing for me so I won't be heading there anytime soon. :(

Its good, but its not right lol.

It was the Alpine Dodgems under Rev, the junior Whip was in Beaver Creek next to Magic Mountain.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Good news that they got it for free and it sounds like this park could really take off. I never did the Junior Whip at Blackpool so I'd look forward to riding it if Dreamland gets up and running. Hope we get to hear something significant soon as all this planning seems to have been drawn out for quite some time now.

peep

CF Legend
They still need to hear the final decision about whether they get the funds or not, if they do get the funds work will start Jan next year.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
?
I've never seen a Junior Whip that I thought I had even the slightest chance of fitting my 175 cm, 80kg body into without some disassembly.