What's new

Ryu - A NoLimits B&M Sit-Down Coaster

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster
UnlimitedCoaster presents, Ryu. The newest experience in rollercoasters. Take a flight on the beast as you travel through 7 inversions at 68 mph through twisted orange track. Ryu, which means Dragon in Japanese, is the fastest sit-down coaster built by B&M. The monster lurks under the hot sunset, waiting for it's prey to approach it. It's roar is most feared. With it's supreme height, and extreme speed, Ryu is the fastest and tallest sit-down coaster built by the Swiss manufacturer, Bolliger & Mabillard, pushing every limit to the impossible. Strap on, and fly into the sky with Ryu.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fiu9Z7UMGw4[/youtube]

Just to be clear, this coaster won me 6 contests, a screenshot contest and coaster of the week...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well it wasn't that great. There was quite a bit of pumping and to me it looked like you'd not used enough segments. The corkscrews were also a bit misshapen I think and the zero-g-roll might have been a bit too tight. Oh, and I can't see how the forces wouldn't have been a bit off in some of the corners.

I can't really say without a proper download though.

Jer

Strata Poster
It wont you 6 contests? how many people entered? what websites were they on?

from the video it looks like it has a lot of pumps and a couple misshapen elements. Most stand out was the zerog which was wayyy too tight. Its hard to say through a video though.

Snoo

The Legend
Pacing is off.. it is pumpy.. that entrance to the Zero-G is horrific.. entrances to almost every inversion is horrific..

What crap contests have you been entering?

RCF

Strata Poster
Well he is from Canada......

And just so I don't spam, I pretty much echo what everyone else has said. A lot of pumping, misshapen elements, zero G was tight, all that. And that turn before the brake run could probably snap someone's neck.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Layout was alright, pacing was ok, trackwork was good but nothing fantastic. Zero-g was way too tight and the turn after, like other parts of the track, was underbanked and the lats would be too high. It seemed a little undersupported in places as well. Any chance of a download of this?

And as UC says, just because you won some contests with it doesn't mean it's any good. I won Youtube contests with some of my coasters, which I now realise aren't that good at all.

Xpress

Strata Poster
If this was a 6 time contest winner, I would hate to see the other entries...

On websites where contests are held between reputable designers (namely people who have some sort of involvement with the development team, either directly or indirectly), this would place closer to last, and that's not because it's handbuilt.

We don't care how many contests it has won, but we do care when someone comes in here thinking every single ride they build is top notch quality, and you tell us that it is ;)

Error

Strata Poster
I'm with everyone else on this: 6 time winner my ass. If you're going to wave your junk around, please provide the junk to begin with (That not meant to sound creepy).

Anywho, it doesn't look like a great ride, and looks...unfinished and in need of TLC. Can we get a download please?