What's new

Romon World | Legendary Dragon | MS Launched X-Car

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Re: Romon World | "Unknown" | MS Launched X-Car

I actually really like the look of that. I'm not a big fan of switching to spineless track, but they do what they have to, in order to keep the ride cost-efficient.

Maurer showed us with Shock that thew can build a big, smooth ride, and surely there must have been some improvements made on the Freischütz design.

I really like the new trains this ride will have. The first x-train design was scrapped, and this new one looks very similar to the later one of B&M hyper trains.

Hopefully this will turn out good, as I really like the concept.
1.jpg

http://www.coastersworld.fr/index.php?page=news&id=1948

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Re: Romon World | "Unknown" | MS Launched X-Car

What is it about the Chinese and their colour schemes? This just reminds me of the 'curry coaster' at Triumph Kingdom constructed a little while ago....

roomraider said:
Well the first major coaster to be built on site is neither a rocket or an Impulse.... Unfortunately its an uninspiring choice we have seen throughout China recently. Not sure if it is a Golden Horse or Vekoma model though.

triumphkingdomnov03.jpg

Martyn B said:
Yuk, that thing just is just screaming chicken Korma!

Anyway, on a serious note, Maurer have always been a hit or miss company for me. Evidently, I loved the pacing, the length and the force of HRRR, but was utterly disappointed by G-force. Is it just me or does the track actually shake?

To me, HRRR's track seemed a little wider and far more permanent than some of Maurer's other recent coasters, especailly in terms of supports. I'm confident that, although they receive a great deal of disparagement from the community, with a sufficient budget (and now the new trains) theyare capable of building forceful and top-class coasters.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
POV of Travel Through Europe. The theming is a little tacky, but there's so many head choppers and tunnels. And it looks alot smoother than Kanonen. I'm quite impressed and would be happy with some small parks bought a clone of this little gem.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATvegQw2N0M[/youtube]

Edited to embed the video. - ECG

vaugc002

Mega Poster
But that layout is far larger than Kanonen right?
Unless it's just the camera, the track looks way less compact than Kanonen and looks like it could handle an extra 20 mph or so...

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Heres a great image of the outdoor section and the Maurer coaster.

Maurer.jpg

Love the roll over the station through the building. Although everything is a bit orangy.

peep

CF Legend
Wow I hadn't even noticed that roll through the station building, looks awesome. Seems like a random mash of designs but individually it looks good.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Would love to see a clone of this here in the nordic parks!

I also like the IAAPA announcement that new Maurer rides would get this new seat style.
imag4526.jpg

imag4525.jpg

imag4527.jpg

andrus

Giga Poster
^Nice! Where did you find those pictures, have a link?

I've been searching the internet for a while looking for more information regaring those seats! Those are some great close-up photos :) Let's just hope they ride as good as they look (i.e. Mack-good, and not Intamin/Skyrush-painfull.. )

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Well it seems I forgot the link this time!

I really like the minimalistic fell of the new seat!

From what I've heard of the Skyrush restraints, I don't think anyone will design ones like them again!
Source

andrus

Giga Poster
Thanks koppen! :) (I browsed the Park Vault web page, but couldn't find the article)

_koppen said:
From what I've heard of the Skyrush restraints, I don't think anyone will design ones like them again!
Source
I hope so too! But the reason why I'm a little bit worried is the apparent similarities between this new Maurer design and the one Intamin used on Skyrush.

But if you look at this picture it at least seems like the lap bars are somewhat curved and shaped after the legs:
imag4526.jpg

_koppen said:
I really like the minimalistic fell of the new seat!
Me too! If I got to have one complaint of the industry leading Mack mega-coaster trains, it's the bulky seats! I feel a lot more free and exposed in e.g. an Intamin seat with the T-bar design (or SKyrush for that matter). But there's no denying the Mack restraints are far superior.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Sorry, I appear to be dragging up old topics this morning, but apparently these two opened a few days ago (named Dragon Legend and Euro Express). Haven't heard any reviews yet but the final theming on the Mauer looks pretty fab.

People have probably seen the RCDB photos as they've been around for a month or so, but they'd somehow managed to pass me by. Thought I'd post at least the one of the turn through the building in case anyone else had missed it. Yum!

g8m8sugp8bg000fkb6k9cd.jpg

Also, that track is ridiculously close to the wall. How does that even work?

l5d8ioqhptc2n4o004vgmd.jpg