CF Legend
No mention of this yet, so...

http://www.rcdb.com/10332.htm

10j2nm4iai14rrign0001p.jpg

Looks pretty neat if you ask me.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Romon World | "Unknown" | MS Launched X-Car

So it's Freischütz, but without one of the rolls?

Martyn B

CF Legend

It is similar, isn't it? I think this is a slight mirror image to Freischütz as well.

Ethan

Strata Poster

I think I saw this in First Drop magazine... i'll have a look!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I've stickied this for the new wave of construction of 2013. :D

I do like the look of this, not sure about the colours, but looks like it'll be a fun coaster.

Ethan

Strata Poster

I doubt those are the final colours... at least I hope they're not :)

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

What's wrong with those colours, I think they look great. Well I am a sucker for anything lime green <3.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

Now that looks fun! Would prefer some different colours as well.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Freischutz was a bit turd to be honest, so this doesn't excite me in the slightest.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

gavin said:
Freischutz was a bit turd to be honest, so this doesn't excite me in the slightest.

Can you elaborate, please? I haven't been on it, that's why I am asking. The layout looks very compact and the number of twists/inversions in such amount of land is amazing. Doesn't it track well? Does the launch suck?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^ The launch was ok, but nothing special. You can't really fault it since it's not launching to any great height though, so it clearly can't be particularly fast.

For a brand new coaster, I found that it rattled around the track quite a lot. It's not "rough" exactly, but it certainly didn't feel like a new ride. I just found it to be overall quite uncomfortable; the restraints actually hurt a bit, which I haven't found on any other X Car other than G-Force. I'm assuming the cars are the same for all of them, so it must be something to do with the layout that caused this.

It is impressive that they've fit so much into the space, but the ride just did nothing for me to be honest. I think I was just expecting too much, since I really liked Formule X and Shock. Obviously, Shock is a huge coaster, so it's not a fair comparison, but Formule X is very similar in size and I much preferred it to Freischutz.

I rerode Shock numerous times. I happily queued for 10-15 minutes each time for five rides on Formule X. I only rode Freischutz twice, even though it was walk-on all day and I was stuck for hours at the park, waiting for a bus, with little else to do.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

There are rumours on Chinese forums that this won't be the only coaster. there will be an Indoor Intamin looper in the style of Supersonic Odyssey to go with it.

If true it's not a bad line up for a mall park. :)

STC

Mega Poster

roomraider said:
There are rumours on Chinese forums that this won't be the only coaster. there will be an Indoor Intamin looper in the style of Supersonic Odyssey to go with it.

I think I'm one of the only people around who's ridden Supersonic Odyssey, not sure though. But in all honesty, it's a bit boring. It looks really cool, yes, but is too short and doesn't really offer anything apart from the novelty of inverting past a branch of Borders. I wouldn't rate it above Colossus, for example. :)

_koppen

Hyper Poster

I have ridden Supersonic Odyssey, and I think the very opposite of it. It is a really awesome coaster, that is very re-rideble, and just plain fun! I rate it about the same as Colossus, but it sure was smoother.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

STC said:
I think I'm one of the only people around who's ridden Supersonic Odyssey, not sure though. But in all honesty, it's a bit boring. It looks really cool, yes, but is too short and doesn't really offer anything apart from the novelty of inverting past a branch of Borders. I wouldn't rate it above Colossus, for example.

There are a few people who've ridden it. _koppen above, myself and Jake, so that makes at least four of us. I really liked it. The roll out of the station was cool, and the overbank through the "vagina" flower and into the corkscrew was excellent I thought. Much better than Colossus's corkscrews at any rate. It's short though, I'll give you that.

Anyway, I don't see how this could be like Supersonic Odyssey really, given that it was specifically designed to fit into a specific building. Yeah, it might be "indoors" and an Intamin looper, but that doesn't make it necessarily similar.

andrus

Giga Poster

^Thanks for the update HZGarfield! :) The Intamin coaster look great tbh. A lot of tight twisting turns close to the ground, a vertical loop and a fairly large airtime hill :--D Looks like it'll be an awesome blitz coaster! It also looks like it'll pass both London bridge and the Towern! :p