What's new

Robb Alvey's Theme Parks of Asia Tour!

robbalvey

Roller Poster
Ok time to come back to this thread and come back STRONG!!!! How about a little Tobu Zoo and a Kawasemi video as an "apology" for not getting to these updates sooner? ;)

Anyway, Tobu Zoo is home to a new for 2008 Intamin "Mega Lite" called Kawasemi. All I can say about this amazing coaster is that it's all the power and airtime of Superman: Ride of Steel and Expedition GeForce packed into about 1/4 of the size. It's absolutely incredible! I really hope parks pick up on this little ride as the perfect "small coaster" that isn't too intimidating for older guests and really delivers.

The rest of the park we did a quick run through. Got on Regina which is still very good, although a bit rougher this year. The Togo Looping Mouse was down for maintenance which is a bummer, but like we've always said be prepared for coasters to be closed in Japan. I do think Kawasemi more than made up for this! =)

I still think that if you're in the area of Tokyo be sure to hit up this park. Even without Kawasemi it was a great place to visit and now it's got, IMO, the best steel coaster in Japan!

First off, check out a video of Kawasemi. If you haven't seen one of these new Intamin "Mega-Lite" coaster in action, you HAVE to see this:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/tprtv/play.php?vid=kawasemi_1

And now the photos...

tobuzoo_01.jpg

This is what the group looks like all hyped up on caffeine and Japanese crack!

tobuzoo_02.jpg

Still hyped up there is NO WAY we are going to turn down the opprotunity for a group photo in front of the coaster-morphing, huge knockers hot chick in the train station.

tobuzoo_03.jpg

My god STOP GIVING THESE PEOPLE CAFFEINE!!!

tobuzoo_04.jpg

Ok, let's pause for a moment. This is a lift hill shot, yes. And it's for those lift hill enthusiast dorks, yes, yes...but let's just point out that this is the lift to a coaster that will make our group scream with ultimate Intamin pleasure for the next hour or so. Read on...

tobuzoo_05.jpg

The first drop may not look like much, but OMG does it deliver!

tobuzoo_06.jpg

Are you wet yet?

tobuzoo_07.jpg

It's just a mess of track everywhere!

tobuzoo_08.jpg

Three airtime filled bunny hills in a row, thank you very much.

tobuzoo_09.jpg

Mmmm....

tobuzoo_11.jpg

Dave looks happy...like a school boy who just found the hidden key to dad's liquor cabinet.

tobuzoo_12.jpg

Just look at it...perfect curves and hills. Dolly Parton would be proud!

tobuzoo_14.jpg

EXTREME AIRTIME AND GUM LINE!!!

tobuzoo_15.jpg

Did we mention it goes under water?

tobuzoo_16.jpg

Everyone's hands up? Check!

tobuzoo_17.jpg

I beleive they are having a good time.

tobuzoo_18.jpg

Three sexy bunny hills!

tobuzoo_19.jpg

It's like there two of them...I wish there were two of them!

tobuzoo_22.jpg

You guys don't mind riding like, 17 or 18 more times, right?

tobuzoo_23.jpg

Wow! That is like the meanest Bob face I've ever...EVER seen!!!

tobuzoo_24.jpg

Regina...she's sexy...and rough!

tobuzoo_25.jpg

She'll give you a good beating but some men like that kind of thing! Yowza!

tobuzoo_26.jpg

The park has a lot of nice curves.

tobuzoo_28.jpg

Yay! Everyone is either happy or invisible!

tobuzoo_29.jpg

"Hi, this is Robb and Martin, and I just want to let you all know that we normally don't look this bad...seriously...this could be the worst picture of us ever taken!!!"

tobuzoo_30.jpg

OMG! P-O-VEEEEEEE!

tobuzoo_32.jpg

Ok so maybe Martin always looks like that! =)

tobuzoo_33.jpg

Bob and his fan club!

tobuzoo_34.jpg

"We are the world's thumb wrestling champions!"

tobuzoo_35.jpg

Robb and Yoshi will challenge Bob and Tim to a thumb wrestle duel!

tobuzoo_36.jpg

As you can see Dave and Jeff also want in on this thumb wrestling action. They are showing off their goods.

tobuzoo_37.jpg

Ok, enough of the other rides, did we mention this is one of the best coasters in the world?

tobuzoo_38.jpg

Amazing...

tobuzoo_39.jpg

It's like Superman, Goliath, and Expedition GeForce shrunk down and cute!

tobuzoo_40.jpg

Three little bunny hops sitting in a row...

tobuzoo_41.jpg

"Itarian"

tobuzoo_42.jpg

The world can never have too many Kawasemi photos.

tobuzoo_43.jpg

"I would like to introduce you to my robot ride-on beetle!"

tobuzoo_44.jpg

OMG. Is he finally....dead????

--Robb

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
robbalvey said:
The world can never have too many Kawasemi photos.
Without a doubt! She's a beauty. Now I gotta go back to Japan. Thanks Robb.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Agreed, the Mega-Lites are awesome. Piraten would propably have been my no. 1 coaster if I got to ride it at the very front/back and without rain. We were too busy that day...

Now well, it's still my second favourite.

On the other hand, Japan seems to be a country full of medium-good coasters, and some truly good ones. I believe they're all fun (apart from those that try to shake your brain out through your nostrils), even if they aren't as forceful. And some of those parks looks like the materialization of some weird Internet meme.

robbalvey

Roller Poster
Next up was Toshimaen!

toshimaen_01a.jpg

Our morning started off with breakfast...except this is NOT what we ate!

toshimaen_2a.jpg

"I think I'll settle for the plain bread, please!"

toshimaen_3a.jpg

Mmm...KidTums goes MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH on the yummy plain bread.

toshimaen_11.jpg

You guys look so happy and we're only in the train station!

toshimaen_06.jpg

Hello everyone! Face the camera and look happy.

toshimaen_07.jpg

TPR Takeover on Mystery Zone!!!

toshimaen_12.jpg

We pretty much had the Arrow Corkscrew to ourselves...in fact, we had the entire park to ourselves!

toshimaen_12b.jpg

Here's a shot for those Arrow lovers out there.

toshimaen_13.jpg

Japan is so awesome. Many of the coasters are plush and carpeted!

toshimaen_13b.jpg

Cyclone aka "The Log Ride!"

toshimaen_14.jpg

"It doesn't matter if it's rough...your butt will be plenty cushioned!"

toshimaen_15.jpg

"Everyone loves a log!"

toshimaen_16.jpg

Here goes the log ride...

toshimaen_17.jpg

OMG! TREE CHOPPER!!!

toshimaen_17b.jpg

The log ride is certainly a crowd pleaser.

toshimaen_18.jpg

Every drop you have to duck from the trees!

toshimaen_19.jpg

I just love it when my log goes into a dark tunnel.

toshimaen_20.jpg

Condor...yup!

toshimaen_20b.jpg

"Hello world, this is my 250th Condor credit and I'm going to rush home and post to condorcounter.com right after this ride."

toshimaen_20c.jpg

There is just something about the Japanese warning signs that makes me laugh!

toshimaen_22.jpg

Hooray! For crazy Huss flat rides!

toshimaen_21.jpg

You all look happy now, but when that bar closes and squashes your nuts and boobs into oblivion your going to have a MUCH different look on your face! =)

toshimaen_23.jpg

This ride is "Creepy Trio of Clowns" approved!

toshimaen_26.jpg

This is the log ride aka "Cyclone"

toshimaen_27.jpg

It's their "O Face!"

toshimaen_28.jpg

"Same"

toshimaen_29.jpg

"Hey someone get this human out of my a$$!!!"

toshimaen_30.jpg

"We beat up 10 children to get on this ride!"

toshimaen_31b.jpg

Sadly, the Schwarzkopf shuttle loop is still down for the count.

toshimaen_31.jpg

For those of you who are Japanese train fanatics, there was a model train fair going on today.

toshimaen_32.jpg

Tables and tables full of train toys and other random stuff.

toshimaen_35.jpg

You could even buy the JR station and train signs, light boxes, control panels, and more!

toshimaen_34.jpg

There was TONS of it!

toshimaen_37.jpg

I'm not even sure what some of this stuff is, but Jeff Johnson sure would have loved to be here!

toshimaen_38.jpg

Yay! We get back to a REAL train and head to our next park!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Love that "Log Ride"! And the signage in Japan is balls. :lol:

robbalvey

Roller Poster
Next up! Yomiuriland!

yomiuriland_01a.jpg

Yay! Here we are at Yomiuriland again! Not much has changed since our last visit, but this is still a very nice Tokyo park to check out when you're in town.

yomiuriland_02b.jpg

Unfortunately today weather would not be the best for us, we were very lucky that Yomiuriland kept all the coasters open in the rain.

yomiuriland_03b.jpg

No matter how many times you see it, "The Wish of The Emergency" never gets old!

yomiuriland_03bb.jpg

Here is the park from the skyway...as you can see there is NOBODY here!!!

yomiuriland_03c.jpg

When you see the funky dogs ass, you're at the main entrance! =)

yomiuriland_04b.jpg

Bow down to Mr. funky dog! Do it! DO IT NOW!!!!

yomiuriland_06.jpg

"GRRR!!! I am the Bandit!!! I will steal your money and rape you of your SOUL!!! GRRR!!!!!"

yomiuriland_06c.jpg

LIFT HILL SHOT!!!

yomiuriland_06e.jpg

The Bandit is a seriously fun Togo coaster (yes I said that!) If it didn't have the OTSR's it might actually kick even more ass!

yomiuriland_06d.jpg

Hooray for meandering all over the park!

yomiuriland_07.jpg

Like I said, there is NOBODY here!

yomiuriland_07b.jpg

We see you funky dog!

yomiuriland_09.jpg

"ENT" is Japanese for "DIE!"

yomiuriland_10.jpg

Remember, NO DUCKS on White Canyon!

yomiuriland_10b.jpg

Yes, White Canyon is that RCCA wood coaster death machine that is ranked one of the top ten WORST coasters in the world!

yomiuriland_10bb.jpg

These "phone booth coffin cars" may be the last thing you ever see.

yomiuriland_10c.jpg

"No, really guys...it IS that bad!"

yomiuriland_10d.jpg

Dave made it out, but now he's permanently slumped for the rest of his life!

yomiuriland_10e.jpg

Ouch!

yomiuriland_12.jpg

We're actually not whores, this is actually a full sized adult coaster!

yomiuriland_12c.jpg

OK, maybe we're just sad and pathetic liars! =)

yomiuriland_13.jpg

See! They all feel VERY good about themselves!

yomiuriland_16.jpg

I know what the "Standing and Loop" part is, but what the hell is "MOMOnGA???"

yomiuriland_17.jpg

One side of the track is a stand up train.

yomiuriland_18.jpg

Martin prepares his "Human hand rain shield" to fight off the what feels like needles in your eye!

yomiuriland_19.jpg

The other side is a sit down. (Don't worry guys, after White Canyon this will feel like a B&M!)

yomiuriland_20.jpg

Yay! SL Coaster! It's like a really big kiddie coaster that doesn't seem to do much of anything.

yomiuriland_21.jpg

"We got in all the credits!"

yomiuriland_24.jpg

BIG EYE! BIG EYE! BIG EYE!!!

yomiuriland_25.jpg

Yomiuriland also has a number of strange walk through and dark rides.

yomiuriland_25a.jpg

Don't be fooled by their pale appearances...there is some wacky s**t going on inside these buildings!

yomiuriland_25b.jpg

I see a demon head, and upside down human leg, and some sheets. Yeah...

yomiuriland_25c.jpg

It's like "Thomas the Brickwork..."

yomiuriland_26.jpg

We have to cut our day a little short at Yomiuriland so we can beat the rain to the next park.

yomiuriland_28.jpg

Say goodbye to the Bandit...we'll miss you!

yomiuriland_29.jpg

Goodbye SL Coaster...we still don't quite understand you...

yomiuriland_41.jpg

..and HELLO to "Ghetto Umbrella Man!" See you at the next park!

robbalvey

Roller Poster
I'm now convinced that Fuji-Q is the worst run amusement park in the world. We have had three visits there over four years and each visit has been equally as horrible but for different reasons.

This time around it was mostly weather related. Yes, the ride capacity and slow crew issues were still there, but on this visit I saw some of the worst park policies and operations I've ever seen. Let me just describe our day....

On the day of our visit we knew there would be rain. It was fore-casted for the bulk of the rain to start about 4pm and thanks to the nearly perfect Japanese weather forecasting that's exactly when it started. But up until then we were supposed to get patches of good weather here and there. And that's what we got.

We also know that Fuji-Q has a tendency to shut down almost everything in the rain, even a slight mist. Which is completely retarded because for a country where it rains 300 days out of the year and where most of the other parks seem to be able to operate their attractions in the rain, why has Fuji-Q purchased rides that can't be operated even in a gentle mist (so they claim.)

We arrived at the park with a good amount of time to spare which is good because the line to get into the park stretched so far back that I'm sure it took some people two hours to get into the park with the only 4 ticket booths they had open. (watch the video, the clip at the beginning with the long line is the line to get in the park!!!) Luckily we were in the front of that line. Score one for TPR trips always getting to parks early!

Once we were in the park and we could see what rides were operating I told the group "Ok, it's going to rain...at the moment it would appear that Dodonpa and Fujiyama are running, but Eejanaika was not. You guys now need to make a choice...do you want to jump on Dodonpa or Fujiyama or try to wait it out for Eejanaika knowing that one is the most temperamental in the rain." Some of the group headed for Dodonpa, the other half went to Eejanaika.

I was with the group that went to Eejanaika. We got to the ride to find it closed. We were told it wasn't due to the weather but due to the block checking taking a long time (not surprising since Magic Mountain's also seems to open late quite often)

About 10 minutes later they let us in line, we board the train, and are on the first train out. The rest of our group is on the 2nd train...and then it starts to rain...actually it started to gentle mist!

They closed the ride.

In fact, those two trains were the *only* trains to dispatch that day. We ran off the ride and it started to rain a bit harder. By this time everything was closed. :( Luckily one of the walk through dark rides where you stand in a coffin was open! Oh, yay! Most of the group went and did that, the rest of us had a beer because we needed it to get through our day at Fuji-Q.

Then the weather got a bit better and rides started to re-open. Since the Thomas coaster was right nearby we hit that one up. At this point the rain had stopped but the only coasters open were the Thomas coaster, Fujiyama, and Zola 7.

The group figured it would be best to try for Fujiyama since Zola 7 will run in the rain anyway....We get over to Fujiyama...the line is posted at *three hours* Ugh.

It rains on and off, scattered showers, some scattered clouds and sometimes we even see the sun break through now and then. Oddly enough Fujiyama never shut down even during the scattered rain showers.

There was a point in time where we had no rain for about 90 minutes of the group waiting in that three hour line but nothing else ever re-opened...Wild Mouse, Hamster Coaster, Dodonpa, even the Thomas coaster had finally closed. And like REALLY closed. All crews were sent home and the trains covered up.

It seemed to make no sense that they could operate Fujiyama in rain, but nothing else. Why is this?

And of course they were running Fujiyama as slow as humanly possible. For those who were waiting in the 3 hour line it was PAINFUL. I did some walking around the park while they waited and made even more observations about how horrible this park is run.

For example, why is it they seem to go out of their way to buy low capacity rides? For one of the busiest parks in Japan, why did they buy a Wild Mouse that only seats two people at a time? Why did they get Dodonpa that only seats 8? Their kiddie coaster is one of the smallest I've ever seen and the Hamster Coaster also only seats up to 2 people!

Even the "new for 2008" ride which was a river rapids ride only had boats that held 4 people at a time, and they were only putting 2 per boat! WTF! A park of this size should be buying a river rapids ride that holds 10 to 12 people per boat and sending out a crap load of them.

Anyway, back to our group waiting three hours for Fujiyama...

They have now been waiting over 2 hours and are only at the bottom of the outside ramps (for those of you who know the layout of the park know what I'm talking about.)

All of a sudden...the ride closes. No warning, no reason, the rain hasn't gotten any harder, it's still *exactly* how it was for the last two hours. And it REALLY closed. They shut all the doors and one of the employees even came out and emptied the ticket machines. They told everyone to leave the line.

WTF?!?!

So now after waiting over two hours, we're totally screwed. At this point the group is so frustrated.... We go over to Zola 7..it's another 45 min line. *sigh* Fine. They ride that...we wander around for a bit more hoping more rides open up. The rain hasn't gotten any worse in the past hour and a half and we're all just baffled as to why Fujiyama ran just fine in the rain for 2 hours and then shut down.

We check out the Thomas dark ride, ride the carousel, and wander looking for any open ride. Even the walk through haunted hospital is a *FOUR HOUR* line not including the 45 minute attraction. So if we wanted to do this ride it would be a *FIVE HOUR* commitment! WTF is wrong with this park!??!?! Why do they think it's totally acceptable to offer attractions that are 3 to 5 hours worth of waiting in line?

Now we finally start to get that heavier 4pm rain.

"SCREW THIS PLACE!!!"

Finally we leave....and I really never ever want to come back. I really believe that Fuji-Q is the worst operated park in the world! In all my travels I have never found any place as terrible as this park.

The park is operated like crap, the rides aren't very good, and the crews are just miserable. When the best area in the park is your kiddie land and the best ride is your Thomas the Tank Engine dark ride and everyone can't wait to leave, you really know the place sucks.

Ok, onto photos and a video!

Video:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/tprtv/pl ... uji_q_2008
Note - the footage in this video was taken from three different visit to Fuji-Q because it takes that long to get all the credits in!

fujiq_23.jpg

Here is the new entrance to Fuji-Q. We think that Fuji-Q *actually* on fire would be much better than this.

fujiq_21.jpg

Make a mental note - Do not fight the bears while at Fuji-Q!

fujiq_19.jpg

Yay! We all look so happy! Boy, our attitude will change REAL QUICK!

fujiq_24.jpg

Oh, look, they can't get Eejanaika open with the park. Here, let me put on my *shocked* face!

fujiq_25.jpg

Finally they get the ride open and let us in. Now let's take a look at how Eejanaika does their loading because it's quite interesting. There are three of these "pens" where everyone has a foot mark to stand on and lockers to put your stuff...

fujiq_26.jpg

You put all your crap in the locker and no one else will be in this pen until you get back, so it's nice and safe.

fujiq_27.jpg

The trains you can see are the older style X trains with the "pickle forks"

fujiq_29.jpg

Note the additional padding that has been added to the restraints! (It needs it!)

fujiq_30.jpg

And also additional seat belts.

fujiq_28.jpg

Since they have three of these pens, one is always getting ready to load, one pen worth of people is out on the circuit, and the third pen is empty ready to be loaded. It actually works awesome, and this is the *only* ride in the park where they actually have their act together for loading/unloading.

fujiq_36.jpg

Of course they can't seem to operate the ride in a gentle mist, which is what happened right after we rode. The coaster looked like this the rest of the day. I will say that my ride this year was much better than last year, but it's still nowhere near as good as X2 is.

fujiq_34.jpg

Hmm...with all the rides closed due to the gentle mist, what's the only thing you can do to keep yourself sane in this horrible park?

fujiq_35.jpg

DRINK BEER!!!

fujiq_63.jpg

Don't be fooled by that sign! This is attraction is actually OPEN! (They just didn't bother to move the sign because, well, why bother, it will just close down in ten minutes anyway...)

fujiq_58.jpg

Ooh! We are actually getting a hint of blue sky! Does that mean rides will open? Well, maybe one or two for a VERY short time...I mean, it's is Fuji-Q, they can't possibly have rides open for people to enjoy!

fujiq_20.jpg

There is some curious nerdy stuff going on here....

fujiq_31.jpg

NERD!!!!! (Really Julie, we love you...but you're a NERD!!!!) =)

fujiq_02.jpg

This is pretty much how these two coasters looked the rest of the day. As you can see, it's cloudy...but it's not raining.

fujiq_05.jpg

OMG! OMG! OMFG!!! A coaster!!! And it's....it's....OMG! OPEN!!!!

fujiq_11.jpg

YES! And *only* a 2 and a half hour line!!! (Well, actually it was 3, but we were being hopeful!)

fujiq_32.jpg

We'll get back to those standing in that three hour line later, but for now, let's have a look at the rest of the park. Here is the "new for 2008" rapids ride...

fujiq_33.jpg

Ok, can someone please tell me why the f**k this park buys a rapids ride that only seats four people and then only puts two in a boat?!?! Seriously, it's like they are trying so hard to win the "lowest capacity park" award.

fujiq_40.jpg

Yay! Only TWO HOURS if you want to ride the new rapids ride! You know, Fuji-Q, Intamin and other companies sell a rapids ride that seats 10 to 12 people per boat and most small parks even have this model. Not sure if ever noticed that.

fujiq_37.jpg

Oh, look. Another god-awful capacity ride that only holds TWO people per car...and it's CLOSED. Do you see rain? I don't. But it's Fuji-Q, and Fujiyama is open which means they couldn't possibly have other rides going at the same time.

fujiq_38.jpg

Oh, look. The Thomas coaster is closed for "bad weather" which is odd because the weather conditions are EXACTLY the same when we just rode it an hour ago.

fujiq_39.jpg

Here's the haunted hospital that everyone goes ga-ga about. It's a 45 minute attraction that only has a four hour line! That's right, if you want to experience this attraction you only have to dedicate *FIVE HOURS* to it. WTF?!?!

fujiq_41.jpg

Dave and I decided we would buy some weapons out of the capsule machines for our friends in line so they can shoot who ever is making the line take so long!

fujiq_42.jpg

Yup, there is the line...3 hours long...as you can see, the ground is wet, but it's only raining lightly, on and off, can you even see some blue sky hovering over Eejanika. A park like this should be able to operate at least more than *ONE* coaster in a light scattered rain. It's so irresponsible of the park to purchase a collection of rides they can't operate (so they say) in a country where it rains 300 days out of the year. And they make NO EFFORT to try to get any rides open when the rain stops. They just send their crews home. This is the park's fault. And another reason why I feel they are one of the worst run parks in the world.

fujiq_13.jpg

The crew decides to use the weapons on themselves because it's a general consensus that suicide may actually be BETTER than being at Fuji-Q.

fujiq_14.jpg

"Kill me...please kill me...get me out of this park!"

fujiq_15.jpg

Actually, screw that...everyone KILL LAUREN!!!

fujiq_04.jpg

Ok, now the biggest WTF of the day. All of a sudden, they just close Fujiyama. No explanation, no nothing. It's been raining on and off the same and they've kept the ride open the entire time. And NOW they decide to close it?!?!?

fujiq_03.jpg

And like they REALLY closed it. Shut all the doors, emptied the ticket machines, it was DOWN FOR THE COUNT the rest of the day. Why?!?!

fujiq_17.jpg

Ugh, fine...might as well try to get on Zola 7. This coaster is all indoors and I would assume that it's still open! (Please also note - it's NOT RAINING!)

fujiq_01.jpg

Yay! We get to shoot stuff! You need to take your aggressions out somehow.

fujiq_07.jpg

"Two...that's right...hopefully we'll get at least TWO credits today!" (I think most everyone in the group actually managed to get THREE!!!)

fujiq_08.jpg

"I really hope I get to shoot the park manager"

fujiq_06.jpg

"Would anyone like more alcohol to get them through their day at Fuji-Q?"

fujiq_59.jpg

Hey look! More closed rides! (note while there are scattered clouds in the background, it's NOT RAINING!!!)

fujiq_60.jpg

The fog is quite low which is what seems to be causing the gentle mist which keeps all of Fuji-Q's rides closed. You can ALMOST make out Mt. Fuji!

fujiq_22.jpg

Lydia, who hates Thomas even decides "I'd rather be in Thomas Land than anywhere else in Fuji-Q!"

fujiq_18.jpg

Seriously the dark ride is great!

fujiq_16.jpg

And even though the park completely sucks, at least TPR members are still managing to have a bit of fun!

fujiq_56.jpg

Even Mr. Angry insect says "Please get me the hell out of Fuji-Q!!!"

fujiq_55.jpg

"Cake the Pocket" is better than anything at Fuji-Q

fujiq_44.jpg

Finally about 4pm it starts to rain hard. It makes no sense why the park would basically "pack it up" about 2-3 hours before hand. Why not at least TRY to keep some rides running as long as possible? (I like how someone has stolen the menu to keep dry!) LOL!

fujiq_10.jpg

Good thing everyone has that TPR poncho in their goodie bag! =)

fujiq_45.jpg

After a craptacular day and one of the worst parks in the world what better way to make it up than to hang out in Tokyo!!!

fujiq_51.jpg

Ahh, this is so much better than the lights of Tivoli! =)

fujiq_54.jpg

Dave and Eric are proud of themselves...they have successfully bored a poor old Japanese lady to death!

fujiq_52.jpg

Wait, I know this place...there is something very amazing near here!

fujiq_50.jpg

That's right! MEAT ON STICKS!!!!

fujiq_48.jpg

"Screw Fuji-Q...we have meat and beer!!!"

fujiq_47.jpg

Suck it down baby!!!

fujiq_49.jpg

"Hey Joey! Watch me eat the quail egg!"

fujiq_46.jpg

There really isn't anything better than this...and certainly NOT at Fuji-Q!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Anybody else see the passing resemblance to Pet Shop Boys singer/songwriter, Neil Tennant?

fujiq_06.jpg

Neil Tennant

_45459680_tennant_ap226.jpg

Robb Alvey

Entertaining report so far! LOL at the "no bear fighting" sign.

robbalvey

Roller Poster
Next Stop on the TPR Tokyo Tour...Hanayashiki!!!

This is one bizarre, but AWESOME park! It's smack in the middle of the city (in the Asuska area) with some amazing looking temples and street markets surrounding it.

The park itself houses the "Oldest coaster in Japan" as well as some other cool, messed up, awesome attractions. It's one of those little "gem" parks where you have to try to see and do everything!

We must now look at photos...

hanayashiki_35.jpg

Here we are arriving at Hanayashiki...looks innocent from the front, right? This park was amazing! It was like the Bon Bon Land or Klotten of Japan!

hanayashiki_34.jpg

Pretty gardens, looks good so far!

hanayashiki_29.jpg

First up was the "Roller Coaster", and this one is the oldest in Japan built in 1953.

hanayashiki_16.jpg

TPR Gang is ready to roll!

hanayashiki_14.jpg

The park manager tells us these trains are brand spankin' new! And they look it!

hanayashiki_19.jpg

Although they aren't kind to long legs! =)

hanayashiki_18.jpg

It's ok Dave, I'm sure you've been in rougher positions! :D

hanayashiki_30.jpg

Here is what the oldest coaster in Japan looks like!

hanayashiki_15.jpg

In very much the "Blackpool fashion" you can see how the rides and shops are built on different levels to help save space.

hanayashiki_01.jpg

Japanese Fun Fun Ride!

hanayashiki_22.jpg

The park is plopped right down in the middle of the city! (I just really wanted to use the word 'plop')

hanayashiki_23.jpg

Here we have a look at the rest of the park. Yes it's small, but it's some quirky awesome fun!

hanayashiki_24.jpg

First drop! Can you guys take it?

hanayashiki_25.jpg

The faces of joy!

hanayashiki_26.jpg

Yay for the oldest Japanese coaster tunnels!

hanayashiki_42.jpg

It almost looks like you're going right under someone's house!

hanayashiki_28.jpg

On one side of the street, some random buildings, on the other side, Japan's oldest coaster!

hanayashiki_10.jpg

"We love the ride....but we can't feel our legs!"

hanayashiki_08.jpg

Still nowhere near as old as Jeff Johnson!

hanayashiki_32.jpg

Religious experience on the Space Shot or bowel movement...you decide!

hanayashiki_36.jpg

"Ok, quick...everyone do your best 'scanners' impression!"

hanayashiki_37.jpg

The rotating house was a bit...um.... "cozy?"

hanayashiki_38.jpg

Next up was the "Sit around the table in the dark and listen to weird stuff being pumped into your ears" attraction.

hanayashiki_39.jpg

The camera flash reveals that in the dark, we all make really dorky faces!

hanayashiki_04.jpg

"Hello, I'm the funny blue troll monster. Please come inside my maze torture and insanity."

hanayashiki_40.jpg

But first, RANDOM BOOBS!!!

hanayashiki_43.jpg

The maze of wackiness including passages made for Oompa Loompas and random hanging foliage.

hanayashiki_44.jpg

That's a lot of rusty steps!

hanayashiki_45.jpg

MUST! GRAB! BOOOOOOOB!

hanayashiki_02.jpg

"I'd say she's at least a D-Cup."

hanayashiki_48.jpg

"GRRR!!!! I'm ANGRY lion guy...GIMME SOME CANDY!"

hanayashiki_46.jpg

Like I said, Dave has been in worst positions! =)

hanayashiki_47.jpg

PUSH...DAVE! PUSH!!!!

hanayashiki_64.jpg

OMG! Now there are two of those hideous creatures!

hanayashiki_49.jpg

Um...what...is.....THIS?

hanayashiki_50.jpg

OMG! OMG! OMFG!!! WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?!?

hanayashiki_51.jpg

PEE CAM!!!!

hanayashiki_05.jpg

I think it makes sense to transition from little boy fairy peeing on passers by to the crepe lady...yeah.

hanayashiki_09.jpg

Ok, forget the crepe and the lady...I WANT YOUR DOMOKUN!!!!

hanayashiki_63.jpg

"I'm CRRRAAAAZZZZZY EVIL MCP LOOKING DARK RIDE HEAD...GIMMME SOME AMERICANS!"

hanayashiki_52.jpg

Yo lady statue, wassup?

hanayashiki_53.jpg

Not even sure what to say here.

hanayashiki_54.jpg

It's one of them rock-n-roller rides...in the shape of outer space!

hanayashiki_55.jpg

"You know what goes good with a wacky park like this? BEER!"

hanayashiki_06.jpg

Just outside the park are some awesome Japanese buildings.

hanayashiki_56.jpg

Japanese temple-looking thing..CHECK!

hanayashiki_58.jpg

And a HUGE street market is here also. The whole area was awesome!

hanayashiki_59.jpg

Cube fans, rejoice!

hanayashiki_61.jpg

The entrance to the market.

hanayashiki_60.jpg

Godzilla Sperm?

hanayashiki_13.jpg

Dear Hanayashiki! TPR says "THANK YOU" for having one of the most awesome bizarre parks in the world! (And special thank you to Takashi for helping us out!)

robbalvey

Roller Poster
Since we were doing some credit whoring today, we made a brief stop at Sea Paradise for two reasons: Blue Fall and Helix: The Ride, aka "Surf Coaster!" Both rides are awesome and well worth the train ride out to Sea Paradise...

Onto some photos....

seaparadise_08.jpg

Hey everyone! You all excited about Blue Fall?

seaparadise_07.jpg

KidTums is already knows how to ride the train!

seaparadise_09.jpg

Fuk-U-Ura...this is not our stop!

seaparadise_10.jpg

Yay! Our stop is dolphin-safe!

seaparadise_11.jpg

Here we have "Helix: The Ride."

seaparadise_12.jpg

Surf Coaster has to be one of the best Togo coasters in the world!

seaparadise_13.jpg

It has airtime, it doesn't hurt, but most importantly it has *two* helices!

seaparadise_05.jpg

Yup, that's a Surf Coaster photo!

seaparadise_14.jpg

There is giant helix #1.
(We see you Blue Fall!)

seaparadise_15.jpg

There is Giant Helix #2!

seaparadise_16.jpg

Yup.

seaparadise_17.jpg

A moment of silence for the "Boat Jumpers" please...

seaparadise_19.jpg

This is where they would do their thing...

seaparadise_01.jpg

Ahh, now to what we came here for...BLUE FALL!!!

seaparadise_20.jpg

Yes, that would be a 330 foot tall Intamin drop tower! Watch out for the "fake drop!" ;)

seaparadise_02.jpg

Natural reaction to Robb naked.

seaparadise_06.jpg

Mmm....so pretty!

seaparadise_21.jpg

They all look so happy! They have NO IDEA what they are getting themselves into!

seaparadise_22.jpg

Bye guys! Good luck! =)

seaparadise_04.jpg

"Honey...I love you almost as much as Blue Fall."

seaparadise_23.jpg

Group photo in the Ice House!

seaparadise_24.jpg

"Whatever you're going to do to me...please make it QUICK!!!"

seaparadise_25.jpg

Um...are you seeing the same thing *I* am seeing?!??!

seaparadise_26.jpg

Choose wisely!

seaparadise_27.jpg

Awww....you have chosen poorly! All your skin will now fall off.

seaparadise_28.jpg

Wow, the Japanese have a strange way of getting their bowling balls!

seaparadise_29.jpg

Oh wait...

seaparadise_30.jpg

Anyone remember this ride from Magic Mountain?

seaparadise_31.jpg

Pinocchio says "Eat lots of Frozen Coke!"

Next stop was Yokohama Cosmoworld which I still feel is one of the "prettiest" parks in the world. There is no denying this place has an AWESOME setting! Especially at night. Have a look....

cosmoworld_11.jpg

Today it was KidTums turn to get us to our next park! She's got the directions, she's ready to lead us!

cosmoworld_42.jpg

Wait! She wants us to do morning calisthenics before we hit up the next park???

cosmoworld_41.jpg

"STEP ON THE BUG!!! STEP ON THE BIG BUG!!!! Before it gets to the children...."

cosmoworld_44.jpg

See Comoworld during the day is nice...

cosmoworld_43.jpg

...and the setting right in the middle of the city is fantastic...

cosmoworld_06.jpg

...but it's at night when this park REALLY comes alive!

cosmoworld_04.jpg

The park is located on both sides of the bay. The Ferris wheel and "Diving Coaster" is located on one side...

cosmoworld_05.jpg

...and there are some flat rides and the kiddie coaster are located on the other. It's a short walk between the two.

cosmoworld_09.jpg

Enough pretty lights talk...let's ride a roller coaster!

cosmoworld_07.jpg

Yes, Diving Coaster is pink...very pink...

cosmoworld_24.jpg

You guys all ready for the pink diving coaster?

cosmoworld_25.jpg

"Dive! Dive! Take her down easy!"

cosmoworld_12.jpg

And there they go! Pink and diving!

cosmoworld_03.jpg

Even the trains have glowey lights!

cosmoworld_01.jpg

Diving coaster is ICE BAT APPROVED!

cosmoworld_08.jpg

I'm not even sure what this is, but damn it looks awesome!

cosmoworld_10.jpg

Why do we keep bringing these maniacs on our trips with us? (Except Lauren...she's cool.)

cosmoworld_17.jpg

Seriously though, while Diving Coaster isn't the greatest coaster in the world, the park really is amazing!

cosmoworld_37.jpg

Everywhere you look everything glows!

cosmoworld_38.jpg

This place must have been a lighting designers wet dream!

cosmoworld_35.jpg

And in addition to the awesome lights, Cosmoworld is also home to some REALLY wacky dark rides! You guys ready?

cosmoworld_16.jpg

This one they almost didn't want us to ride because it's all in Japanese and they were afraid we wouldn't understand the story...

cosmoworld_26.jpg

Who needs to speak Japanese to understand "BOOBS!!!!"

cosmoworld_29.jpg

This dark ride is "Dolphin Safe"

cosmoworld_27.jpg

There is even something for our gay contingent to look at!

cosmoworld_28.jpg

But most importantly...BOOBS!!!!

cosmoworld_34.jpg

"So you guys ready to go on the ride with boobs and half naked dudes while holding a phallic object?"

cosmoworld_13.jpg

CAPTION CONTEST!!!! EMAIL DAN YOUR CAPTION!!! mrt0ad13@aol.com
The first 10 people to have their caption posted will get a TPR Bag-O-Crap! Be sure to email him your mailing address too!

cosmoworld_15.jpg

Why are these dudes in every Japanese shooting dark ride?

cosmoworld_14.jpg

Even KidTums got to play this one!

cosmoworld_31.jpg

Cosmoworld is also one of the homes to the original "Meat Animals" and especially "Meat Cow."

cosmoworld_30.jpg

No, Dave is not dead. Although he looks dead. He is actually overwhelmed with joy and happiness that he has found Meat Cow. You just can't tell because joy and happiness in Dave looks the same as death.

cosmoworld_32.jpg

These "Meat Animals" tell you what meat parts are included. There is Meat Cow, Meat Pig, Meat Fish, Meat Chicken, Mean Human (yes, that's right), and now the brand new Meat Holstein which is a descendant of Meat Cow.

cosmoworld_36.jpg

Ok time to head over to the other side of the park! Get your jet packs ready to FLY!!! (Yes, they have Jet Packs in Japan because they are so advanced.)

cosmoworld_18.jpg

The other side of the park looks just as awesome!

cosmoworld_19.jpg

Lots of lights and dizzy stuff.

cosmoworld_39.jpg

You guys ready for your "Family Banana Coaster" credit? (I don't make up the names of these rides I swear!!!)

cosmoworld_40.jpg

Yay! Banana credit!

cosmoworld_20.jpg

See! Even the Banana Coaster has more theming that most US parks!

cosmoworld_21.jpg

And what does every TPR member do after a day of coasters? That's right! Close one eye and stick your tongue out!

Thanks for reading!!! One of the most bizarre parks EVER is up next!

--Robb

robbalvey

Roller Poster
Our last stop before Tokyo Disney was the "Tokyo Teleport" area which has a ton of amusements, shopping and lots of crazy stuff!

One of the best arcades with tons of capsule machines is located here, Sega Joypolis is also across from the station at a huge entertainment complex called "Tokyo Decks."

Also housed in that complex is this update's showcase destination "Muscle Park." Some of you may remember Muscle Park from last year's update, but we made a very quick visit. This year now that we know more about the place we spent some time and all I have to say is that this is a *MUST SEE* if you are into some awesome 'wacky' places to check out and have fun at while in Japan.

Onto some photos....

musclepark_51.jpg

We head out to "Tokyo Teleport" on a very crowded JR train!

musclepark_52.jpg

"Why are all the Japanese taller than me?"

musclepark_50.jpg

Tokyo Teleport is an amazing place. It houses lots of amusement areas, shopping malls, etc, etc...

musclepark_49.jpg

Today we challenge MUSCLE PARK!!!

musclepark_06.jpg

Muscle Park is home to the official "Sasuke" course which for those of you may not know, is called "Ninja Warrior" here in the USA!

musclepark_17.jpg

And yes, for women to compete you gotta chop your nails!

musclepark_20.jpg

Elissa's "s**t eating grin" on the hand bike!

musclepark_08.jpg

Mike is the only one of us who was able to defeat the salmon ladder!

musclepark_07.jpg

Julie shows off some belly on the arm rings!

musclepark_16.jpg

Rich! Just pretend they are donuts and you'll make it!

musclepark_18.jpg

Looks like Joey is going to make the hand bike!

musclepark_19.jpg

Oooooh! Jew down!

musclepark_21.jpg

Elissa is almost at the end of the course!

musclepark_22.jpg

OMG! A shark is eating her off screen!!!

musclepark_24.jpg

"I might be dead....but I made it!"

musclepark_53.jpg

"Almost there... just a couple of seconds..."

musclepark_15.jpg

"Raise your hands....if you're SURE!"

musclepark_10.jpg

'I am woman! Hear me roar!'

musclepark_33.jpg

Yes, Elissa is a Ninja Warrior fanboy!

musclepark_34.jpg

Elissa says "I love you Makato Nagano and Shingo Yamamoto!"

musclepark_31.jpg

The rest of the park is like Wii Fit on steroids! Watch your balance guys!

musclepark_29.jpg

Smooth moves!

musclepark_32.jpg

"Every time you press that button, god kills a kitten."

musclepark_45.jpg

'With much concentration comes greatness!'

musclepark_68.jpg

42 kittens...dead!

musclepark_69.jpg

All the games here were awesome! This one you had to press the buttons in a certain pattern as fast as humanly possible.

musclepark_39.jpg

"Ranking Park!" Is that anything like the Rankin Bridge?

musclepark_40.jpg

It's like IAAPA exploded in Japan!

musclepark_41.jpg

And yes, they even had Ninja Warrior for kids!

musclepark_42.jpg

More awesome crazy games!

musclepark_43.jpg

And GUNS! You can't possibly have a muscle park without guns!

musclepark_44.jpg

I'm not even sure what this is, but it's got two balls and a strange looking guy.

musclepark_37.jpg

Of course no theme park would be without some kind of eatery.

musclepark_36.jpg

And if you're going to work out you need to eat! And this "Monster Burger" is no exception! Have a look at that thing! Each stack is a separate entree!

musclepark_38.jpg

Mmmm...and burger that comes in a box that big has to be awesome!

musclepark_35.jpg

C'mon guys! Scarf down that Monster Burger! Make Takeru Kobayashi proud of you!

musclepark_26.jpg

Two wheels of numbers, a wheel of random geometric shapes...I'm so confused...but it's so awesome!

musclepark_27.jpg

Baseball Tic-Tac-Toe....yup!

musclepark_04.jpg

They had models of the real Ninja Warrior courses on display.

musclepark_05.jpg

Fans of the TV show must be drooling right now!

musclepark_48.jpg

Like many other Japanese parks you have to buy tickets for each of the "attractions" (don't worry, it's not as confusing as it looks!)

musclepark_55.jpg

This game was awesome! Basically each person (Rich and Elissa here) have a movable piece of track that they have to move while the train is in motion. They move the track piece, pick of a block out of the storage and put the block on the stack. Then they have to move the stack and the track back into place without the stack of blocks falling over. Got it? Let's watch....

musclepark_56.jpg

Elissa has a small stack of blocks...track is in place...train came through...looking good!

musclepark_57.jpg

Rich's stack is getting bigger, train is coming around faster now...

musclepark_58.jpg

Elissa just barely gets the stack in place for the train to safely make it through!

musclepark_59.jpg

Woah! Rich has a BIG stack! =)

musclepark_61.jpg

Uh oh....this game is getting close now!

musclepark_60.jpg

Rich freaks out like a little girl who just got her training wheels off!

musclepark_62.jpg

SKLOOSH!!!! Oh no Rich just lost to a girl!

musclepark_63.jpg

Ice Bat does NOT approve of this epic fail!

musclepark_66.jpg

"Jews don't play sports, man!"

musclepark_64.jpg

Elissa versus Rich once again! This time, it's a mental challenge....

musclepark_65.jpg

Elissa: "YES!!! I am smarter than a police officer!!!" =)

musclepark_71.jpg

Right next door to Muscle Park is Sega Joypolis. Another awesome, crazy, must see attraction at Tokyo Teleport!

musclepark_72.jpg

Joypolis is a multi-level indoor amusement park with roller coasters, flat rides, video games, virtual reality and all kinds of crazy stuff.

musclepark_73.jpg

Spin Bullet is one of the most brutally messed up must-ride coasters ever!

musclepark_74.jpg

"You guys are all about to get raped!"

musclepark_70.jpg

but forget about Joypolis....GIVE ME THAT MOUNTAIN OF SUSHI!!!!

musclepark_01.jpg

And of course the most amazing attraction in all of Tokyo Teleport...Condomania!!!!

Thanks for reading! Next up...the grand finale of this update! Lots of Tokyo Disney Resort photos!!!

--Robb

robbalvey

Roller Poster
And now the part you've all been waiting for! TOKYO DISNEY RESORT!!!

When going through the photos from the trip I normally try to narrow down to about 40 or 50 photos per park. This time around I ended up with just over 200 pictures of Tokyo Disney and I thought "what the hell!" everyone loves to see photos of this amazing park so I'll just post them all!

So here is the first of 4 parts for Tokyo Disney Resort. The photos will be kind of random, but I think that will be part of the fun!

Enjoy!

tokyodisney2008_01.jpg

Ahhhh...bizarre flavors of popcorn. You'll find this all over Tokyo Disney Resort. Chocolate was "good" but it's no Black Pepper!

tokyodisney2008_02.jpg

How come Japanese people aren't fat?

tokyodisney2008_03.jpg

Welcome to Toontown...spooky pumpkin edition!

tokyodisney2008_04.jpg

The Jolly Trolley mows down about 10 to 15 unsuspecting Japanese each day.

tokyodisney2008_05.jpg

Watch out for that frog! It spits.

tokyodisney2008_06.jpg

"How do I get out of this cave???"

tokyodisney2008_07.jpg

The new Tiki Room doesn't suck as much as the one in Florida....but it still sucks!

tokyodisney2008_08.jpg

Will the REAL Disney character please step aside...

tokyodisney2008_09.jpg

Aha! Turns out it was the little Japanese boy! Who knew?

tokyodisney2008_10.jpg

This fulfills the "Giant Boat with waving people" part of the update.

tokyodisney2008_12.jpg

Toon Lube.

tokyodisney2008_13.jpg

No lube needed...it's like throwing a bowling ball down a hallway.

tokyodisney2008_14.jpg

One of these two is a man.

tokyodisney2008_15.jpg

SKLOOOSH!

tokyodisney2008_16.jpg

DisneySea is sexy.

tokyodisney2008_17.jpg

Hidden something.

tokyodisney2008_18.jpg

"Every time it eats a child, it has explosive gas."

tokyodisney2008_19.jpg

"What's that sour taste? Did you pee in there?"

tokyodisney2008_20.jpg

Tokyo's Space Mountain Rocket Ship make over didn't suck.

tokyodisney2008_21.jpg

"My God! It's full of stars!"

tokyodisney2008_22.jpg

"Which one is the sex bed?"

tokyodisney2008_23.jpg

"Godzilla! Come Quick! Kill Mega Fire Monster!"

tokyodisney2008_24.jpg

Now that is one BIIIIIIG ball!

tokyodisney2008_25.jpg

Little men like playing with little boats.

tokyodisney2008_26.jpg

DisneySea at night. Amazing.

tokyodisney2008_27.jpg

Aquatopia. The most awesome pointless ride ever!

tokyodisney2008_28.jpg

It is even more awesome and more pointless at night. Seriously this ride is super cool!

tokyodisney2008_29.jpg

"Welcome Home!"

tokyodisney2008_30.jpg

"Dammit, I missed the TPR bus again..."

tokyodisney2008_31.jpg

"Are you the REAL Alice in Wonderland?"

tokyodisney2008_32.jpg

Loch Ness Castle.

tokyodisney2008_33.jpg

BEST. RIDE. EVAR!

tokyodisney2008_34.jpg

DIE! DIE! DIE!!!!

tokyodisney2008_35.jpg

Boo to you and you and you....

tokyodisney2008_36.jpg

This version is better than Disneyland's in California because it's not at Disneyland in California.

tokyodisney2008_37.jpg

Is it just me or does that look like a severed head at the bottom of the picture?

tokyodisney2008_38.jpg

Haunted Mansion Holiday makes me happy.

tokyodisney2008_39.jpg

I think the Santa suit will impress Sally. Jack is sure to get some ragdoll tonight!

tokyodisney2008_40.jpg

Hellloooooo Castle!

tokyodisney2008_41.jpg

Those crazy, crazy Japanese!

tokyodisney2008_42.jpg

One of these is a real pussy.....cat.

tokyodisney2008_43.jpg

Did we mention that Tokyo Disneyland's Castle is awesome?

tokyodisney2008_44.jpg

OMG! Now there are two of those hideous creatures! No, no, that's just Rosie O'Donnell.

tokyodisney2008_45.jpg

OMFG! Minnie looks HOT!

tokyodisney2008_46.jpg

Where are we at again?

tokyodisney2008_47.jpg

ZOOM! ZOOM! ZOOM!

tokyodisney2008_48.jpg

Dave has a thing for duck furries!

tokyodisney2008_49.jpg

"Hey girls! How much?"

tokyodisney2008_51.jpg

"Honey, are you sure we can't have Belle come to our room for like an hour? 45 minutes? Oh, who are we kidding...10 minutes TOPS!"

tokyodisney2008_52.jpg

The castle has it's evil Mickey pumpkin guards.

tokyodisney2008_53.jpg

And we end this part of the update with this awesome photo of the castle all decked out for it's 25th anniversary!

--Robb

robbalvey

Roller Poster
^ Thank you! That was taken by one of the members on our trip. We'll have more Tokyo Disney photos soon!

(Who doesn't love lots of photos of TDR?)

--Robb