What's new

RMC and Larson International Merge (!)

Fiender

Mega Poster
Mildly interesting...

...Not trying to meme, here, I'm actually unclear how (if at all) this might affect either business. What does Larson look like with a touch of RMC? What does RMC look like with a touch of Larson? Other than, like, "haha rmc this larson loop", which is the joke everyone on twitter and reddit have already made.

Christian

Hyper Poster
To me it seems like the Larson owner wanted to retire and was looking to sell his company and make an exit. RMC probably got a good deal and took it. I dont think this will massively affect either company but there certainly are benefits to both sides.

• RMC has diversified and further strengthened their position in the amusement park sector.
  • There certainly are cost savings in terms of ground and sales crews who now can potentially be shared between both companies.
  • Potentially, there could be economic of scale advantages by integrating production. For example one company can specifically specialize on the more intricate technical details while the other specializes on heavier fabrication. Thereby there is potential to better utilise resources to what they are most adapted.
  • RMC will also have the ability to offer an in house holistic approach to creating new areas for parks that might be interested. Some parks like designing their own expansion, while some might prefer a company taking on the whole thing. Now RMC can combine one of their coasters with a couple of Larson's rides and they have whole areas to offer.

• Larson might benefit from RMC's R&D effort and vision to constantly inovate and break the mold. Though, this depends entirely on what vision RMC has for Larson. Will they keep it as an old fashioned smaller flat ride manufacturer or will they invest and try to take on the big guys?
  • Larson can benefit from RMC's larger global reach and sales effort. This might open Larson to the global market. There are also possibilities that RMC might upsell or bundle Larson rides when selling their coasters, thereby increasing sales.
It will be interesting to see where this goes, but overall I dont expect we enthusiasts will see major differences. The changes to be had seem to be more internal than external.