What's new

"RiverRush" Dollywood-Coming 2013

Josh73

Giga Poster
Dollywood is getting a new watercoaster! (Tennesee's first)

CILCKY

So what do you think?
(If this should be in Ride Construction, just move it please :) )

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
After the flack we got for putting Holiday World's water "coaster" in RC, I think this can stay here for now...

Although it does look coastery...
dollywatercoaster.png

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Re: "RiverRush" Dollywood-Coming 2013

So this a master blaster kind of watercoaster not a divertical kind of water coaster. Oh well. Kind of dissapointing but not surprising since wild eagle just opened.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I think the one at Holiday World was fun, but I would certainly not go out of my way or queue for it ever again.

So yeah, meh.

D1993

Hyper Poster
what is the point of this?
they already have wildebeest and mammoth, so this kinda seems really unneccesary, even if it is at hoilday world.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
D1993 said:
they already have wildebeest and mammoth, so this kinda seems really unneccesary, even if it is at hoilday world.

Aren't those at Holiday World and isn't this at Dollywood?

What are you trying to say?

Gazza

Giga Poster
D1993 said:
You are a nob.

Ethan

Strata Poster
D1993 said:

Please delete your CF account, you're an idiot. :roll:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oi! Stop being mean. Anybody can make a mistake and I'm sure D1993 realises he misread it the post.

Now back to this coaster...

Lofty

CF Legend
Gazza said:
You are a nob.

&

Ian said:
Now back to this coaster...

Had me in stitches.

For anybody that's rode one of these, out of curiosity, how are they compared to Master Blasters to ride? I still find them pretty rough sometimes, the jet of water is just so powerful and can hurt if it hits your back in the right place.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Dollywood's Slidewinder will always be my favorite. <3

Intricks

Strata Poster

I like em. Wildebeest wasnt much anything to write home about, but Mammoth was very fun. Since this seems to be more wildebeest layout wise, I would expect a Wildebeest ride experience.

Could these be considered a coaster as they are a technical launch using LIMs, not water propulsion?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Not really. They're still a slide at the end of the day. Same as the ones that use conveyer belts as a form of propulsion up the hills (they're extremely quick too).

Gazza

Giga Poster
Re:

Intricks said:
Could these be considered a coaster as they are a technical launch using LIMs, not water propulsion?
Not really, because LIMs aren't the "thing" that normally determines if something is a coaster/cred or not.

Plus its a water slide, not a coaster anyway cool)

Intricks

Strata Poster

True, but it is a more coaster used ordeal than what master blaster (or whatever that slide at schlitterbahn is called) uses.

Why cant we use the term water coaster (just the term, Im not asking for cred recognition) for this specific type of slide? Yes, it is a water slide, but the ride itself is more or less that of a powered coaster. You dont end the ride in a pool, you arent required to walk up several flights of steps just to get ON the damn thing, and you enter/exit from point A.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Gazza

Giga Poster
Why cant we use the term water coaster (just the term, Im not asking for cred recognition) for this specific type of slide?
Why not call them by their proper name, a 'Rocket' (Proslide Rocket) just as we'd call any other ride by their proper name in discussion, eg SLC, Wing Coaster, Accelerator, Top Spin etc.

The term water coaster is already taken anyway, since it refers to those rides like Journey to Atlantis, so it would just cause confusion.

And its more a slide than a coaster because it doesn't have wheels, and it uses water for lubrication and propulsion on the downhill bits.

You dont end the ride in a pool, you arent required to walk up several flights of steps just to get ON the damn thing, and you enter/exit from point A.
Many of them do require you to to climb stairs, and do end in a pool:
https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=white ... d&t=h&z=20