What's new

Rita + Stealth = true?

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Firstly I'd just like to say UC, that first post was possibly one of my favourite posts I've ever read on here! Cheers for that.

Martyn B said:
Well from what I can remember, Alton were actually planning on building a Vekoma Motorbike Coaster (themed to witches broomsticks) in the Gloomy Wood.

Somehow something went wrong, so they quickly came up with Rita...

Thats what I remember.

I remember the good ol' woodie being planned for 2005, getting refused planning permission then Rita popping out of the blue because it didn't need planning permission as it was in the boundies of where Alton could build (i.e. height, space, etc.).

TowersTimes have written about things I remember HERE, saying how in 2003 Alton kind of announced that they were thinking of a wooden roller coaster for 2005. My God, this is taking me back! Making me feel like a right old school geek.

s15c

Mega Poster
Maverick was SUPPOSED to have a barrel roll.

Correction, because I'm just that annoying. Maverick was SUPPOSED to have a heartline roll. And it did for testing.

I believe a reasonable scenario is that Stealth and Rita were based from the same original concept. Something along the lines of: "Why don't we make a launched coaster with no flips?" Not much else in common.