What's new

Riding Under the Influence

Edward M

Strata Poster
I figured, hey, why not share some stories of riding coasters in an altered state. It'll probably be mostly drunk stories but feel free to include any other drug-related stories*.
I smoked a non-cigarette before marathoning Skyrush at night. As one could imagine, it was wild and easily one of my best coaster experiences.

*Edward M does not condone the use of any illegal substances

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
You know, I don't think I've ever been drunk at a park. I've had the odd beer or two in a park, but never enough for it to be significant.

Not sure I'd like it, really.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I went on Furious Baco after downing a pint of beer really quickly because we got to the front of the queue before I expected. Was not a pleasant ride.

I'd be interested to hear what the Efteling dark rides are like after some edibles, I imagine that's a popular thing to do.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Me and my friend decided to have a few drinks at the Dragon Bar in Hotel Ling Bao before riding Colorado Adventure in the front row. Big mistake. I don't think i've ever smacked my head on anything so hard in my life.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I mean, I've had a few beers at parks and whatnot but I've not got wasted or done any recreational drugs before. Can't imagine drunk riding (shizzles, I just got it @Snoo) is that great an experience, hungover park days are bad enough.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Oktoberfest..... Those Fun House's are so much more fun when you've downed most of your own body weight in good German Pilsner.
I don't think I've ever laughed so hard as when watching several drunk people trying to negogiate a particually free spinning hampster wheel.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Back when I rode Mine Blower, I popped over to Old Town for a few quick drinks and some food. What an amazing experience! My mind was processing the ride about one element behind where we actually were on the ride. It was wild!

Snoo

The Legend
I mean, I've had a few beers at parks and whatnot but I've not got wasted or done any recreational drugs before. Can't imagine drunk riding (shizzles, I just got it @Snoo) is that great an experience, hungover park days are bad enough.

It wasn't throw up drunk but man I was feeling good. The feeling was quite euphoric tbh. Enhanced the experience but I wouldn't recommend it to most.. lol

Also.. how do you think we thought of the name of the podcast? :D

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
If it weren't for safety-concerns (mainly due to the risk of a panic attack), a good ol' Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds experience would certainly on my bucket list. I have smoked once during one of the long summer evenings of Efteling, and I probably would only recommend a place just like Efteling for that, because it immediately affects your stomach in a way that you really don't feel riding rollercoasters anymore, at least for me. However, with Symbolica and Droomvlucht, that wasn't a big deal and we only had 2 hours left in the park anyway.

(no of course I did not smoke in the park when there can be kids around, we had a small holiday lodge for the evening. Also make sure to purchase legally when you're in the Netherlands anyway.)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I have smoked once during one of the long summer evenings of Efteling,

(no of course I did not smoke in the park when there can be kids around, we had a small holiday lodge for the evening. Also make sure to purchase legally when you're in the Netherlands anyway.)

Me and this other dude, forget his name, were at Efteling last year and, because it was a really quiet day, we had time to nip out to the car park after lunch for a cheeky doobie. Security guard clocks us and shimmies over. Aye up, we thought. Busted.
"Izh everything ok?" he enquires.
"Yes mate, just popped out for a smoke."
"It'sh ok, you can schmoke in ze park" he says "it'sh all good. I voz jusht checking you veren't shtealing ze cars, yah? Ha ha, have a nische day my English friendsh."

God I love the Netherlands :)
And I apologise for my entirely racist interpretation of the Dutch accent.

Last edited:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Me and this other dude, forget his name, were at Efteling last year and, because it was a really quiet day, we had time to nip out to the car park after lunch for a cheeky doobie. Security guard clocks us and shimmies over. Aye up, we thought, busted.
"Izh everything ok?" he enquiries.
"Yes mate, just popped out for a smoke."
"It'sh ok, you can schmoke in ze park" he says "it'sh all good. I voz jusht checking you veren't shtealing ze cars, yah? Ha ha, have a niche day my English friendsh."

God I love the Netherlands :)
And I apologise for my entirely racist interpretation of the Dutch accent.
tenor.gif

On my little road trip back in August the first stop was Amsterdam. We picked up some space cakes then the next day went to Phantasialand, where we consumed said space cakes. Given that it was a beautiful sunny day all the theming looked even more fantastic through stoned and glazed eyes. Every detail is just so intriguing sober, let alone baked.

Really enjoyed that bit. The rides were something else though. Went on Black Mamba when I was probably at the peak of my intoxication and my god was it intense. Definitely too much for me as by the time we pulled into the break run I had pretty much lost my vision in a blurry mess and it remained that way for a good 40 seconds. Probably didn’t help that we were on the back row and literally couldn’t see a single element coming before being thrown into it, given how much the ride works with the terrain. Mega confusing. Didn’t have any more after that, but for the scenery and less thrilling rides like Colorado Adventure and Geister Rikscha it was super enjoyable. Made the 90 minute queue for Taron absolutely fly by as well.

Would consider doing that again for Efteling next year, but take a similar approach to @Fluorineer and have it towards the end of the day once I’ve already got plenty of rides in on the coasters.

Ben

CF Legend
I actually hate being drunk at parks, I really don’t enjoy it.

A beer or two yeah that’s fine but any more and it just gets in the way of getting fab creds.

I dunno I just got to the age where drinking doesn’t really seem that cool anymore? Like yeah well done.

I've never actually been drunk at a park before. I've had a few drinks like many people in this topic, but I haven't actually been to the point where I was feeling intoxicated. The worst is having a few beers, getting in line for a coaster and then almost pissing your pants because you broke the seal. I had to pee so bad on Kumba I almost went in my pants. I enjoy drinking and I enjoy coasters, but I'm not sure being drunk on a ride sounds appealing to me.