What's new

Riding Roller Coasters with a Wedding Ring

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
As more CFers have been busy getting married (I among them); has anyone else not accustomed to wearing jewelry had difficulty getting used to riding with a wedding ring?

For me, it isn't a matter of concern for the ring coming off of my finger - one would hope the ring is fitted to my size (which it is) - but simply a feeling of uneasiness to have my hands freely in the air. Obviously, an easy solution is the take the ring off; but as many would probably agree, wedding rings are ideally not easy to take on and off - that's what keeps it on!

I guess I'm interested to see who else is newly wed and what your experience has been riding roller coasters with a wedding band.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I've honestly never thought about it. There's no way my ring's coming off without actually trying to get it off.
I've thought about it slipping off when swimming before, but never riding anything.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
This is one of my irrational fears, but it's becoming more rational. I've lost a lot of weight so my ring now slides off easily and I'm trying to get a filler thing to make it fit right, but until then, I guess I'm just riding with my hands closed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I did actually lose my wedding ring swimming. They got it out of the filters a couple of days later.

I think I'd lost about 2 stone at that point, so it was much looser.

Never had any issue on a ride though. Although when I was a lot slimmer, I used a spacer like Tomahawk. Just wore it all the time until I gained enough weight to make it fit properly again ;)

Sent from my E6683 using Tapatalk

Snoo

The Legend
Having ridden a number of intense rides this weekend, this fear was sort of put to bed as I didn't experience even any sliding, even though my ring is a bit shaky below the knuckle.