What's new

Rides that you are no longer arsed about

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm uploading a Tidal Wave POV to the CF's YouTube channel and it dawned on me that I've not been on the ride for about three years. When I went to Thorpe earlier this year, the people I went with went on it, I bag-ladied on my own.

I couldn't be arsed to get wet and the ride does nothing for me.

What rides do you not bother with nowadays?

Lucy

Hyper Poster
Also on a Thorpe theme, I never bother with Slammer as it's just awful but it's a good spectator ride!

STC

Mega Poster
Again with Thorpe, Colossus used to feel like a must-do on every visit but these days I really couldn't give a toss about it, only riding it if I have exit passes or the queue is under 15 minutes (once in a blue moon).

The day always used to feel lacking without doing RMT at Alton, but these days it runs so slow that it's little more than a jaunty monorail, and barely notice if I skip it.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Sonic Spinball at Alton Towers. I really can't be bothered with it these days TBH, It's definitely not worth the queue time, either.

Snoo

The Legend
Power Tower at CP. S&S towers are lame anyway and I'll only ride it if I see a walk-on. Same goes for Mantis and Mean Streak.

reddude333

Giga Poster
^Funny thing is those two are almost always walk-ons...but I know what you mean. Mantis was painful for me and Mean Streak was...well, we all know...

Snoo

The Legend
Surprisingly.. Mantis has a line a lot of the time simply because stand ups suck for loading. But, I don't even try to ride MS unless the fabled 'trimless' ride occurs.. which has only happened once. Marc.. <3

T0M

Hyper Poster
Flat ride clones. I've never been on Samurai or Vortex at Thorpe because there are better-operated versions at other parks.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Storm Surge is the latest addition my list.

I dont really bother with Altons flats, they're pretty basic, and there are too many awsome coasters there to waste time faffing about on a Pirate Ship.

Same with some of the flats at Thorpe, honestly cant remember the last time I rode on Quantum, and I cant even remember the name of the Enterprise there!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
^ Zodiac

I hate sitting out rides. If I'm at a park I try and make the most of the day and go on everything. There's always some fun to be had. But my one exception is probably Tidal Wave. Unless it's bright sunshine, just what is the point of getting that wet? And nothing actually happens on that ride.
Up. Down. Wet. Obviously designed by a man ;)

dominoes

Mega Poster
Spent years really wanting to go on Samurai, but it was always either closed or crowded. Finally went on it about a week ago, and just thought "well that was a load of rubbish"

T0M

Hyper Poster
^ It's run on a short cycle by crap operators. Worth a trip up to Fantasy Island for The Beast, or apparently Whirlwind at Lightwater is also excellent.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Martyn B said:
Storm Surge is the latest addition my list.

I dont really bother with Altons flats, they're pretty basic, and there are too many awsome coasters there to waste time faffing about on a Pirate Ship.

Alton do have several decent flats, but the rides never reach their full potential due to dull cycles. Enterprise barely spins at its maximum angle, and Ripsaw is just boring, with little interaction from the water jets.

:roll:

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Flats at pretty much any park, they do nothing for me.

Coaster wise, I'd say Thirteen, it completely bores me and I can never be bothered to queue for it now I've got the credit.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Snoo said:
Surprisingly.. Mantis has a line a lot of the time simply because stand ups suck for loading. But, I don't even try to ride MS unless the fabled 'trimless' ride occurs.. which has only happened once. Marc.. <3

Mantis? Line? REALLY? I've had a 1.5 hour wait for maverick, but I've never seen a line for mantis, given i only spent a few days in the park, I had long waits on everything, but Mantis loaded us quick, and has no queue before the gates for the seats. Iron Dragon had a longer wait.

A ride I don't care about after the second time I rode it was Raptor, I felt it was very tame.

lakeccrunner

Mega Poster
I've seen lines for Mantis before. And I've waited in line for 40+ mins when you would guess that it would be less than 20. Terrible loading/unloading times. Mostly because of all the crotch busting adjusting on the seats.

Nic

Strata Poster
STC said:
Again with Thorpe, Colossus used to feel like a must-do on every visit but these days I really couldn't give a toss about it, only riding it if I have exit passes or the queue is under 15 minutes (once in a blue moon).
This. In fact, I kinda feel a bit like that with Inferno, although I always ride it because, well, what else is there to do? I can't be arsed with Saw anymore either. The last few times I've visited the park, I've not bothered. In fact.... pretty much everything at Thorpe I can't be arsed with anymore (with the exception of Stealth)