What's new

Rides that you are no longer arsed about

jokerman

Giga Poster
^That is exactly what I was about to say. It's all quite dull now at Thorpe. Maybe I just visit too much, but the only thing left that I actually have to ride is Stealth, and even that's only at a push.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Alton do have several decent flats, but the rides never reach their full potential due to dull cycles. Enterprise barely spins at its maximum angle, and Ripsaw is just boring, with little interaction from the water jets.

I'll agree on Ripsaw, as Topspins in general are actually quite good, but not Enterprise, not matter how its run, its still going to be an Enterprise.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I rarely bother with flat rides these days, unless it's a type I haven't tried, something quite major like a drop tower or giant frisbee, or there's not much else to do in the park.

I can't remember the last time I bothered with a top spin.

Mark

Strata Poster
Hmmm, mainly flat rides. Not because I don't want to ride them though. I have found that a lot of them make me feel sick when they haven't done in previous years.

My favourite was always Top Spins for years but even they seem to make me feel a bit giddy nowadays so I've just got used to avoiding them.

As Gavin said, I normally make an exception for something new etc.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I have found that a lot of them make me feel sick when they haven't done in previous years.

I get that too. But I think it may be down to not riding them as often as I used to, so my body isn't used to the spinning as much as it was.

I always make sure I ride drop towers, Space Shots, Afterburners and Gyro Swings as I love them, but needless spinning rides are vile, and a waste of time really.

AmusementSci

Roller Poster
Drop Towers. Free Fall rides aren't fun anymore...However, I do like the S&S Towers that take you slowly to the top, hold you, then force you down. Those are fun. Anything else, why bother?

steel

Mega Poster
Frickin Excalibur... Why is it even still there? No one cares. The last time it had a line was probably 1998. It's so far out of the way and it's a pointless ride. Renegade might as well be the back of the park.

marc

CF Legend
Most rides in the UK tbh, I dont even really go to theme parks here and I do not miss them at all not one single ride lol.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Probably a few things at Alton, mostly due to exhausting them. Hardly bother with any of the flats really anymore and Spinball often gets missed due it's stupid queue.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
I always make sure I ride drop towers, Space Shots, Afterburners and Gyro Swings as I love them, but needless spinning rides are vile, and a waste of time really.

What utter madness is this?!! I love the spinnies. You people all make me feel a little bit too over enthusiastic. Life's short! Ride it!

Rush

Giga Poster
Spinball. It always has a stupid queue when I go to Alton and it's just not worth the wait at all.

Thorpe in general due to being there too many times over the years and just being fed up with the park itself. I can't even be arsed with Rush anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't go back at all this year at all, hopefully LC12 may prove to be a reason to visit again.

Bog-standard Wild Mouse coasters I tend to avoid now as well, even if I don't have the cred as well as anything which spins too much. I used to have a pretty strong stomach but even an Afterburner starts to make me feel really ill nowadays.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Quite a few actually...
Tidal wave - Cant be arsed getting that wet
Slammer - Always broken
Samurai - large queue (to close to Colossus and Saw)
Saw maze (anything like it) - waste of coaster time
Storm surge - its sh**
Ripsaw/Submission - waste of coaster time
Spinball - large queues and not as good as Dragons fury
Blackpool mouse - hurts to much
Corkscrew - same as above

TTDfan52

Mega Poster
For me its Iron Wolf. I liked it at first, but now I find the pain isn't worth it. Also the Whizzer. Its a cool ride but not that great.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
When I go to parks for the first time, I embarassingly ride the kiddie coasters to get the credits for them, but when I go back to the parks for a second time, I don't dare go near them because I already have the credit.

As for typical rides: mostly just the Vekoma Boomerang clones that are at most parks

Lofty

CF Legend
The Big One.

After yesterday's trip. Furie can agree, it's THE biggest pile of crap in the UK. By far!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Probably Stampida. It used to be my favourite wooden coaster but I have ridden it like 4 times since it got the Kumbak trains. It's just not worth getting raped by that stupid piece of wooden crap.

Error

Strata Poster
Honestly, a ride is a ride for me. I'll go on just about everything if I'm with a group...

Except log flumes. No.