What's new

Rides and Roller Coasters of the Future

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Kind of, but it was a single train that didn't move and it would go up a vertical spike, the spike would rotate, and it would go back down backwards.
Now that I'm looking at photos of them, what you're talking about is a type of what I'm assuming is a Boomerang.

mouse

Giga Poster
It would be cool if a coaster was painted with some kind of metallic reflective paint. How come that hasn't been a thing yet?

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
I think the future of coasters will include more hybrid story based attractions with dark ride sections such as Curse of Novgorod and Karnan at Hansa Park! And Huracan at Bellewarde and more elements like track transfers or elements where the track rotates so your upside down - and then launches you backwards whilst your upside down!

Also lauched B&M inverted or flying coasters?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It would be cool if a coaster was painted with some kind of metallic reflective paint. How come that hasn't been a thing yet?

Probably since such paint is rather expensive for little gain. Not prohibitely expensive, just not-worth-it expensive. It's simply too extravagant to make economical sense.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I've always wondered of the possibility of a coaster with no paint at all, just some sort of invisible protective coating for the steel. The pure steel look could work for an industrial theme of some sort.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I've always wondered of the possibility of a coaster with no paint at all, just some sort of invisible protective coating for the steel. The pure steel look could work for an industrial theme of some sort.

I was going to post GaleForce but I suppose that doesn't count as the track is painted.
*post picture of a Pinfari here*

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Or maybe just make the coaster invisible entirely.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I guess that depends on what you count as "paint". The beams have probably been coated with some oxide layer that prevents corrosion. Sounds like a weird choice for a seaside park, though, as such solutions are rather vulnerable to salt. Maybe there's some clear varnish or something on it as well?

Last edited:

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Not a million miles off with Wild Waves though: https://rcdb.com/13355.htm

Although @ECG might be able to confirm, I think they are planning on painting it once it's installed?
I remembered about Wild Waves after I posted that but didn't have time to edit! Was originally thinking something more substantial but least Wild Waves proves my idea, just need some industrial theming to go with it. I've always imagined Nemesis would work as well though, not sure why but it would save them painting the rust on!