What's new

Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Bad News

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Lake - Edited: Aerial Sho

Thank you. I want as much detail as possible. And thanks for testing too.

I am trying to make the mountain look more realistic, but I don't know if I will succeed. I will post an update next week to see what you guys think. I have also changed the station sketch for a better one.

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Lake - Edited: Aerial Sho

If Disney has taught us something is that a ride must have a story. And, of course, this ride has one. And a story must have a main character. So, I present you to Qulcatan, mayan god of the elements (fiction). He is the responsible of making you take the ride of your life. Very important guy, isn't he?

He will have two animatronics on the ride, and few sculptures in the queue line. I have big plans for this bad boy :)

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Qulcatan

I've tried to make the mountain look more realistic, and this is what I have now. I mixed the old mountain with a new technique. There is still a lot of work to do on it, but I wanted to know your opinion before.

So, V2.0 or V3.0? I also opened the NL2 demo and imported the coaster and the mountain to see how it would perform. I'm pretty happy with the results. 50-60fps with all settings at max. My computer is very low: Intel dual core E5200, Nvidia GT640 and 3.25Gb of RAM (4, but XP doesn't support so much)

That imported mountain has about 16000 polys. The old one would be a bit higher, but not a lot. I have to clean a lot of things, as well as add a bit more (1 hour working in the new mountain) , so maybe it can be reduced even more. The scale in NL2 is wrong, look at the renders for it. Thanks for watching.

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - NL2 Test and Question

Well, next week I will be taking a small break, and will be making a small side project.

I'm working on this small scene to see how realistic I can render it. So I have to finish the coaster (supports, LIMs...), redo the buildings, making a path, replace the trees and apply correct materials. If my computer can handle it... It ran out of memory a few times while rendering that scene. But I think it was because of the trees, so I will render some trees and place them as textures. Well, so I've showed you the before, next week I will show you the after.

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Small Side Project

I couldn't work a lot on this, since I wasn't home and was using a laptop where I can't install 3dsMax (Mac), but I installed Sketchup (so many years without using it) and planned out the new buildings. I used Vray demo to make a render:

That building with the tower is where the coaster is placed, the tower covers the lift. The big building next to the path is a restaurant. Last day I was home I worked on lightning, and turned really good. I took a render of it, but I saved it in a wrong format and lost a lot of quality. I will render it tonight and will update this post. Thanks for watching.

Edit: here is the render I promised. Wanted to upload it before, but it took a lot to render (I hate my computer).

The same view of the old render but with improved lighting,trees and a bit of work on the supports. I don't know if I will be able to complete the scene as I had envisioned, but I'm trying my best to optimize it. My main problem is vegetation, which is a big problem, because it gives a lot of realism to the scene. I will be able to put some trees, as you can see, but I wanted to put grass. My computer runs out of memory everytime I try to render the scene with grass on it. But I still have some tricks, and if no one of them works I will change the terrain type. Also, I am not done with lighting yet. Please comment.

Grass! It is not perfect, but it looks better than just flat ground. BTW, which lighting and background do you prefer?

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - SSP - Grass!

Update: I have finished the station and one of the other buildings (a restaurant). I still have to do some changes (pavement, coaster materials...), and adding some new things as well, but I think I will finish it next wednesday.

There won't be animation since my computer can't handle it. So next week I will be back with my main project.

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - SSP - New Building

Next week I will make a big update on the Blitz. I have started working on the station and entry of the ride. If I can optimize the 3ds enough I will make a Mexican village surrounding the Mayan part (for those who have been there think of Port Aventura Mexico zone). Well, until then here is a render I've made to test my new computer.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz

I'm loving this rockwork. Can't wait to see the whole thing finished!

(The ZacSpin looks nice too, nice display of the graphics capabilities of NL2).

Dapalm

Mega Poster

Thank you.

Which rock color do you prefer for the mountain? An suggestion? Also, you can see the river that will surround the ride.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

I prefer this new look, and it looks absolutely fantastic either way.

One thing that I see every time I look at the rock is Anubis, the dog like Egyptian god. It just resembles that for me for some reason.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

tomahawk said:
I prefer this new look, and it looks absolutely fantastic either way.
Agreed.

Dapalm

Mega Poster

Thank you guys. I think that the Anubis illusion comes from the top rocks. I like it, it gives the mountain personality.

Well, I'm releasing the track file in order to get some opinions. I won't probably change anything unless there is a major flaw or a minor proble close to the end, but I wanted to know your opinion anyway. Since I don't want everybody to have the track I will remove the download link after the weekend. I'm waiting for your opinions:

https://mega.co.nz/#!0sMwHC4R!IhCRQWJUY ... 3k9cgGKKZc

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: Project 314 - Intamin Blitz - Test the track!

Sorry for the lack of updates but my computer crashed and I haven't been able to repair it until now. Saddly I lost all my files - except the NL1 file, which I tried to import into NL2 but it didn't work very well - Anyway, I've lost interest in this project, but it will probably appear again in my next project (a story park). Hope to start a thread for it soon. Thanks for all the comments and advice!