• Talon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raptor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sam

Giga Poster
****ing hell it's you again.

Raptor I would have said.... by bloody miles.

(I havn't riden Talon.... but Rator was amazing and from looking at Talon can't see how it would be better than Raptor).

Comet

Roller Poster
I have ridden both and I think Talon is better by just a little bit. There was no one thing about Raptor that made it good, but I really liked how Talon is really close to the ground throughout the ride.

A

Anonymous

LMFAO Sam!!!

I'd say Raptor. I've heard much better reviews about it.

cpdude2

Mega Poster
I've only ridden raptor.

Talon looks to be so much more aesthetically pleasing, especially that turnaround helix underneath the lift...my favorite part.

I'd have to say it looks better just because of the sheer size of it.

lakeccrunner

Mega Poster
Only been on Raptor and I like it a lot but Talon looks a lot better color wise, I like Raptors layout better though.

Almost

Hyper Poster
lakeccrunner said:
Only been on Raptor and I like it a lot but Talon looks a lot better color wise, I like Raptors layout better though.

Quite the contrary actually.

Raptor looks too drawn out to me, Talon is bam, loop, bam, Zero g, bam immelman, bam helix.

It's really non-stop and the finale is one of the best.

Talon.

Ben

CF Legend
I haven't been on either, but Talon looks fantastic, it's up there as one of the Inverts I must ride.

Raptor looks like a suck-a-thon.

spicy

Giga Poster
I haven't been on either but Raptor looks pretty boring to be honest.

Talon looks awesome, some of those helixes look brilliant.

Sam

Giga Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
Putting it simply - it's boring compared to other B&M inverts. .

Ok, now my ignorance may prove to be my failing fault here as I have only ridden a grand total of 4 B&M inverters but I really do have to disagree with that statement.

Now I don't know that if you meant 'some other' when you put 'other' but to me, that sentance defies Raptor, in your opinion as the most boring B&M inverter. I really cannot comprehend this upon looking at Raptor compared to some other B&M inverted coasters.

Out of those I have been on, Raptor was the best, followed by Great Adventure's Batman clone then Nemesis then Nemesis Inferno. Batman the Ride and Nemesis were almost equally good IMO but Batman beat it for the sheer relentless pace it had from start to finish- Nemesis looses it's pace after the loop. Inferno in my opinion cannot even be comparible in terms of 'goodness' to Raptor.

Futhermore, I hear Silver Bullet lacks force, surely that means that it is worse than Raptor.

Talon I cannot really comment, as I havn't even heard reviews on it- it does look good and I know elements and speed nor size aren't everything but from the look fo the layouts, I would pick Raptor any day. (Not forgetting that Raptor is always very high ranking in Mitch what's it called steel coasters poll)

Then you have the other 'big' inverters.... namely Alpie, Katun, Pyrenees, Dueling Dragons, Montu, Top Gun and Great Bear.

Apart from Aplie and Pyrenees and possibly Great bear the layouts of the others aren't that dis-similar from Raptor.... I really cannot see why people slag Raptor off so much- is it (like so many things) because it is at a park like Cedar Point (successful and popular and people feel the need to slag it because they can't stand it getting so much good press)? I really don't know.

For arguments sake, lets look at Katun and Raptor. Now people often have their cocks so far up Katuns arse that they are sticking out the top of the lift hill. Why the **** is Katun so much better than Raptor?

katun25.jpg

rapt1.gif

Not that dis-similar in my eyes.... ok so Katun has a very short tunnel.... but height, layout and element wise they are ****ing nearly identical. Also, to its favour, Raptor is more compact, which from my experiances is a good trait for an inverted coaster.

I'm not going to ramble, I just really do think that Raptor is getting a tremendous stick in this topic (and in other topics) for no real reason.... it my be worse than Talon (I won't honestly be able to say till I have ridden Talon) but is certainly not a bad or boring ride.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
Futhermore, I hear Silver Bullet lacks force, surely that means that it is worse than Raptor.
I don't think Silver Bullet is that bad. Sure it may not have a great first drop, but I think the ride overall isn't that bad. If it didn't have the overbanked curve, I'm sure the ride would be much more poorly rated for some reason.

But anyway, Talon over Raptor. Looks like a much more interesting layout, also I think immelmanns are cool! Also the final corkscrew looks unexpected.

Raptor looks too drawn out to me, Talon is bam, loop, bam, Zero g, bam immelman, bam helix.

Well, not to sound like a fangirl which I'm sure some of you are going to accuse me of, but I think Raptor has a consistent layout. I mean, excellent drop, loop, straight into the zero-G, right into the Cobra Roll, then almost right into the corkscrews and then the final helix. Your point?

I can't really pick which is better because I think they both look amazing. Raptor is something I would ride over and over again, not because it's super intense but more so because it's extremely fun (with some intensity along with the fun).

However, there's no doubt in my mind Talon has a better colour sceme. Not so much an overall feel to it, but much better colours.

I seriously can't choose, so it's a tie.

Almost

Hyper Poster
The only non-stand out part of Talon was after the Helix, going into the corkscrews, and even that was fast and provided a nice pop of un-expected floater....

The only non-stand out part of Talon was after the Helix, going into the corkscrews, and even that was fast and provided a nice pop of un-expected floater....

And the only part of Raptor which is dull is the part before the corkscrews, and how are you about to say that's even dull when you havn't even been on it? It's not the most exciting but it lasts for only a second so it doesn't really matter. So each of the two coasters have only 1 dull spot though I think both of those two spots don't really look dull, so to speak.

Tie. Again.

Almost

Hyper Poster
I'll just point to the only person who HAS ridden both...

Ultimate Coaster said:
Talon by miles.

Raptor is one of the worst B&M inverts. The first drop is fantastic - after that, it just begins to suck.

The best parts of Raptor are the first drop, the swooping drop over the pathway after the MCBR, and the final helix. Other than that, you get some fairly dull inversions, and for goodness sake, the entire second half is basically a straightaway to get you back to the station. Boring.

Talon just keeps pounding until the end. There's a quick slow spot in there to get you over a jungle of track, but it's far from Raptor's second-half snoozefest.

Talon owns Raptor any day of the week. Most B&M inverts do.

Does that sound like a tie?

Snoo

The Legend
I think UC's description is a bit exaggerated... infact, alot exaggerated, about Raptor.

Remember guys, something ALOT of people fail to realize, UC's opinions about rides are NOT fact, just his own opinion.

Raptor, while not being able to compare to most big inverts, still holds its own. Its inversions are hardly weak by any standard. I found them quite forceful in some spots, especially the cobra roll. Yes, some spots are dull.. like the long straitaway before the second wingover and helix... but thats about all I found dull.

As for Raptor vs Talon, i've heard Talon is amazing, fast, compact, quick transitions. I'll be riding it next summer, so we'll see how it truly compares.

youthink?

Roller Poster
Well I've ridden Patriot which is like Talon's identical twin and I found it to be VERY forceful and VERY fun! I loved it's color scheme as well :D I will be riding Raptor next year so I'll just have to wait and see :eek: I think I'll like Raptor better.

Tony

Hyper Poster
From videos I have seen from both rides I think Talon looks better. Raptor still looks good but I think Talon looks better.