What's new

Raptor - B&M 'Wing-Rider' - Gardaland

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Pablo237 said:
So it's official open to the public now??
Yes. The media day was on Saturday and the park is now open for the season, so yeah, it should be open.

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
The whole theme reminds me of Jurassic Park, But yes it does look really smooth and a lot less rougher than Baco, but that was inevitable wasn't it!

Gazza

Giga Poster
Wierd question...No POVs show it, but what does the train do to get back down to the underground station after the final brakes. Are there a couple of turns and sloping downhill track or something?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
There's one quite steep left turn after the initial brakes into the transfer track. It's very similar to what LC12 does at the end.

Check the early construction pictures on this thread (I swear there is a picture).

Gazza

Giga Poster
bob_3_ said:
There's one quite steep left turn after the initial brakes into the transfer track. It's very similar to what LC12 does at the end.

Check the early construction pictures on this thread (I swear there is a picture).
Yeah tried scouring the construction webcam pics etc, couldn't find it.

Seems silly anyway. They drop the track down to station level, and then bring it up again when it rises up the lift. Why not just avoid the hideous expense of doing an underground station and build it at brake run level?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I think Candy's initial marketing ploy was this idea of an "underground laboratory" where the ride starts. I also think the ride area would've been too small without being able to put paths over the station.