What's new

Rank Your Visited Six Flags Parks

Jackson Marzani

Roller Poster
My Top 6:
1 Magic Mountain
2 Great Adventure
3 Great America
4 Over Georgia (Definitely Elite no dout)
5 New England (Needs a third coaster for a great top 3)
6 Fiesta Texas (my home park. Needs a wooden coaster and a hyper)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Updated my list since I visited another back in August and the chain has expanded...sorta:

1. Six Flags Magic Mountain
  2. Six Flags New England
  3. Six Flags over Georgia
  4. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
  5. Six Flags Great Adventure
  6. Six Flags Mexico
  7. Darien Lake - Visited twice in the past two years and I did not find the park bad by any stretch. The coasters could certainly benefit from extra trains, but the park was fairly clean, lush, and just has a laid back feel to it.
  8. Six Flags St. Louis
  9. Six Flags Great America
  10. La Ronde
  11. The Great Escape - It's a beautiful park, but aside from that and Comet, it's a waste. The ride lineup is horrendous and the park layout is confusing as hell. Basically, its scenery is the only thing keeping it from being last on the list.
  12. Six Flags America

Edward M

Strata Poster
Ch-ch-ch-changes!
  1. Six Flags Fiesta Texas- Such a weird park I love it so much. The quarry setting is so unique and allows for some great coaster moments. The scenery setting really elevates the park, but it also has shockingly well thought out and themed areas. Loved practically all of the park.
  2. Six Flags Great Adventure- That lineup is fantastic and is arguably one of the best in the country. I even think that the picnic area is the nicest place in a Six Flags. However, it's a bit soulless as compared to Fiesta Texas; it lacks that park's kinda kitsch charm. If it gets that RMC it'll probably take back the crown.
  3. Six Flags Over Georgia- Really had a great time my most recent visit. I don't like how sprawling it is, but, with the addition of Twisted Cyclone, it now has one of the best lineups in their chain. And also Acrophobia which is my favorite non-ToT drop tower.
  4. Six Flags Over Texas- My last visit was in 2008, but I do remember it being a very nice park with some great scenery and shade.
  5. Six Flags New England- Tiny park, but it has two absolutely amazing coasters and a decent supporting lineup. It's nothing amazing, but it was a nice visit.
  6. Six Flags St. Louis- A nice, charming little park. I think it's one of the nicest looking Six Flags, but its lineup is really, really weak.
  7. Six Flags Magic Mountain- Amazing, amazing coaster collection, but I had an overall very negative visit. 7 major rides closed and waits reaching 4 hours! I imagine I'll actually enjoy it if I revisit on a less crowded day.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Just the three for me, all visted last year...

1. Over Georgia - excellent line-up of coasters (even more so now they have an RMC) with Goliath being the standout, plus some decent non-coaster attractions. The clientele seemed completely fine when I was there too and the staff were fairly pleasant. The landscaping is also pretty nice but I didn't eat there so can't comment on the food (I expect it's **** though)
2. New England - two world class coasters in Wicked Cyclone and Superman, plus the Batman B&M floorless is decent. Other than that most of the creds are **** and there aren't many good flats or water rides. The food was garbage but the park layout was OK.
3. The Great Escape - The Comet is great but everything else sucks coaster-wise. Water rides were pretty decent. Layout is confusing but it has more character than the other SF parks I've visited and the sorrounding area is nice.

rideguy70

Mega Poster
Most of the time they refer to themselves as Magic Mountain without Six Flags.

The park began as a completely independently owned and run park simply called "Magic Mountain" for nearly a decade before Six Flags ever bought it.

With the exception of Great Escape, I've been to every SF park in the states (so no Mexico or La Ronde yet, either). It's pretty subjective, because parks can have good days/bad days, good ops/bad ops. But overall:

1) Great Adventure. Simply because it's a great balance of coasters, flat rides, architecture, animals, theming, and history. Literally something for everyone, and has great re-visit value.
2) Magic Mountain. Even though it's my home park (aside from Universal), and the coaster line up is the best in the chain, and it (typically) has great operations (comparatively) and history. But it's significant lack of flat rides and only so-so theming pulls it down.
3) Discovery Kingdom. Not necessarily super notable rides, but again a very good balance of thrills, flats, and animals. Always something to do.
4) New England. Only got to visit this park for my first time this year, but really enjoyed it. Small, but friendly, nice atmosphere, and another good balance of theming and attractions.
5) Great America. So much to do and see! But the crowds can get pretty unruly, and the park is almost too large for it's own good... getting around is worse than going around World Showcase lagoon at EPCOT.
6) Over Texas. Fun park, first in the chain. Not perfect, but many redeeming qualities. Shockwave is a great surprise every time.
7) Fiesta Texas. Unique location, some fun rides. That said, last time I visited this park was back in 2003, so my memory is a bit hazy and a lot has changed since then, so this went in a semi-random spot on my list. (Joker's Jinx was still around at the time, the backwards Arrow coaster.) Hoping to revisit this one again in a few years.
8) Over Georgia. Actually, I did enjoy this park, and it has some lovely areas. Nothing really "wrong" with it, although it can also attract unruly crowds at time. But nothing really "for" it, either.
9) St. Louis. I want to like this park, but it just feels disjointed, and the rides as a whole are not memorable (except the flat ride Excalibur, but it's basically as good as removed at this poiint, right?)
10) America. Again, this visit was many, many years ago (well over a decade), but I remember it looking dirty, unmaintained, rude crowds, and generally not a good experience. I'd be willing to give it another chance one day, but I'm not in much of a hurry to return.

sirloin

Roller Poster
1 - Six Flags Over Texas
2 - Six Flags Great Adventure
3 - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
4 - Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
5 - Six Flags St. Louis
6 - Six Flags New England
7 - Six Flags Magic Mountain
8 - Six Flags Over Georgia
9 - Six Flags Great America
10 - Darien Lake (not Six Flags when I last visisted in 2013, but I'm counting it here anyway since it may as well have been)
11 - Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (it was still Six Flags when I last visited)
12 - Six Flags America
13 - Six Flags Astroworld

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
1. Six Flags Great Adventure (I feel like this is one of the best ones in the chain, maybe magic mountain beats it???)
2. Six Flags New England (was cool but sfgadv has a larger line up and more other stuff to do like see animals etc)
3. Six Flags America (no particularly standout rides, just felt like it lacked atmosphere compared to the others)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
1. Magic Mountain. My first taste of the Six Flags experience, had a fantastic day here. Low crowds, long hours, decent ops, nice weather, rerides, night rides, the lot.
Deja Vu and Superman spited, but what the hell. Still a great day.

2. Great Adventure. Had a great day here too, again with low crowds, decent ops, good weather and no spites. Fab coaster line-up.

3. Great America. Decent park, no real complaints here, plenty of creds etc.. but a bit flat, a bit tarmac-y.

4. St Louis. One of the weaker parks in the chain fo sho, but still not exactly bad. Fairly generic line-up, but Freeze is good, the GCI and the B&M are dependable and it's actually a prettier park than Great America, sooo y'know. It's ok.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
1. Six Flags Over Georgia. The closest Six Flags park to me (3 and a half hours away). It has a very diverse coaster lineup with the frontrunners being Goliath, Twisted Cyclone and Mind Bender (Great 1-2 punch, I like Goliath a bit more than the latter) with a controversially fun standup in Georgia Scorcher and a powerful B&M invert in Batman. I rode Blue Hawk when it was Ninja back on my first visit in 2015, and Ninja immediately became my least favorite coaster of all time... Blue Hawk has somewhat redeemed Ninja, but still it's not even cracking my top 50. I rode Great American Scream Machine on my 2nd visit this year and it was a rough, painful jerky and airtimeless woodie. On another note some of the park's areas does feel a bit run down, as you can see these dingy backstage areas from the train ride. Still a great place.
2. Six Flags Over Texas. Maybe it was because I shoehorned my one hastily planned visit into four hours on a rainy day, but this park rubbed me the wrong way. Lots of the paths that you THINK will lead to rides are actually dead ends, and the trails that you assume are ride exits end up being midways. Coupled with Joker & Mr. Freeze being down for the entire day, New Texas Giant breaking down when I was about to get a 2nd lap on it and the entire park was closed for an hour's worth of rain I feel like Six Flags Over Texas deserves better policies & treatment than it currently gets. I'll probably never revisit this park in my life sadly as I still have 8 more creds to obtain, most notably Shock Wave which I was really excited to ride (vintage Schwarzkopf fanboy here), the aforementioned Mr. Freeze & Joker, and Runaway Mine Train.
Wow, that was a lot of rambling. :confused:

Gazza

Giga Poster
Six Flags Magic Mountain - Tatsu, Twisted Collosus, X2, Green Lantern :) And a bunch of other B&Ms and a decent GCO
Six Flags Great Adventure - Had a good time here, El Toro and KK are standouts, bu the B&Ms are all fun.
Six Flags Great America - Again, a really good diverse line up. quite liked X Flight, Goliath and Justice League.
Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Probably the 'nicest' park in the chain, with a good mixed line up.
Six Flags Over Georgia - Good selection of attractions.
Six Flags New England - SROS makes this place, but everything else is middle of the road.
Six Flags Discovery Kindgom - I had a nice time here.
Six Flags Over Texas - Other than New Texas Giant, Mr Freeze and Titan, it didn't really take me.
Six Flags America - The hyper and the flyer are cool and that's about it.
Six Flags St. Louis - Nothing interesting here.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
1: Six Flags Magic Mountain. It's epic coaster lineup didn't super impress me as 1/4 are kiddie/family and I never even acknowledged lol but while it was lacking top tier coasters (X2 was down, this was pre TC) it had several fun ones. Also had a decent selection of rides and while it felt like six flags, I didn't hate being there. Going this year. With TC and hopefully X2 I assume it'll be even better.
2: Six Flags over Georgia. TC and Goliath are epic. Superb top 2. Outside that it's decent, though not mind blowing. A Schwarzkopf, a standing coaster I actually liked, Blue Hawk was not too bad, and BtR and Superman are standard but solid. Park had a decent feel to it. I actually may have had a better time here than SFMM but that one just has more.
3: Six Flags Great Adventure. Good coaster line up but that's literally it. I hate this park. I think it honestly sucks. Last time I went Nitro was pretty weak (and I've heard from others it's not aged well) so that reduces its quality, as it used to be a superb ride. Park used to have more rides, but so many are gone now and many there never seemed to be open. It's a big concrete slab, terrible feel.
4: Six Flags New England. Both times I went I had fairly unenjoyable experiences, but it does have Wicked Cyclone and Superman/Bizarro. Now, I've heard WC has declined quite a bit, and Superman was fun but I won't lie...way less than I expected. Outside those I liked Goliath but wow, it ran worse than TTD, Dark Knight was ok. Besides that, not much here and I didn't like the feel of the park.

5: Six Flags Darien Lake. OK I've been here once it was 16 years ago, but I am confident it would still be at the bottom. Superman was fun as hell, but outside that..nothing. Viper, meh. Predator, I recall not liking it. Mind Eraser gave me head trauma. A boomerang.....I don't even remember there being flats lol the park was just so sad and....nothing. I just checked RCDB and see they've since added a family coaster and a Euro fighter, but it looks short and tbh Dare Devil Dive was forceless as hell and boring.

Will see how my experience at SFMM is this year, and I will add SFDK though I don't have high hopes tbh

Coaster Cinema

Mega Poster
New ones in bold.
1. Six Flags Magic Mountain - I love the 1-2 punch of Twisted Colossus and X2. Superman Escape From Krypton, Tatsu, Riddler's Revenge, Goliath, and Full Throttle are must dos, and I find Ninja, Viper, Apocalypse, Revolution, and Goldrusher to be underrated. Scream is way overrated. (Last Visited 2019)
2. Six Flags Great Adventure - El Toro is obviously the best, but you can't forget about Kingda Ka, Nitro, and Bizarro. I will say they did remove quite a few of their great rides like Batman and Robin The Chiller, Great American Scream Machine, and Rolling Thunder. (Last Visited 2018)
3. Six Flags Great America - Goliath and Raging Bull are good rides and with Maxx Force they'll have a great top 3. Whizzer, Viper, American Eagle, and X Flight are also worth checking out. (Last Visited 2014)
4. Six Flags Over Georgia - When I visited here I wasn't tall enough for Goliath, but Mind Bender was awesome. be sure to check out Monster Mansion it's unlike anything else in the Six Flags chain. (Last Visited 2008)
5. Six Flags Over Texas - It's the original and they have an amazing hybrid with New Texas Giant. Titan, Mr. Freeze, and Shock Wave should put this park high on your list. (Last Visited 2017)
6. Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Staying in the lone star state we have this park set in an old limestone quarry and they put an RMC named Iron Rattler on top. Add in Poltergeist and Goliath and you've got a great park. I found Superman to be quite a rough ride unfortunately. (Last Visited 2015)
7. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - This park is half zoo half rides, be sure to check out the animals. Joker and Medusa are the stars here and Superman Ultimate Flight and V2 are fun. (Last Visited 2016)
8. Six Flags New England - Bizarro, and Batman The Dark Knight are great, but then there's a steep drop off in coaster quality. Do visit the waterpark though. (Last Visited 2014)
9. Six Flags St. Louis - American Thunder and Mr. Freeze are great, If you catch Boss on a good day that one's great too. (Last Visited 2018)
10. Six Flags America - Wild One and Superman Ride Of Steel are great but there's not much else, the waterpark is nice though. (Last Visited 2018)
11. Frontier City - It has 2 classic looping coasters and a good wild west theme. It's the smallest park in the chain but it's very nicely landscaped. (Last Visited 2019)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Alright, I've done a few more. I guess it's time to update this:

1) Six Flags Great America - It's always going to be my home park. Fantastic lineup, some solid theming, and just a great package overall. I can't not love it!

2) Six Flags St. Louis - Alright, bit of a hot take here, but I remember this park being super charming and cute. Obviously it has some kinks that don't help, but the nice bits are really nice. Mr. Freeze, American Thunder, and even Boss were all really solid rides.

3) Six Flags Great Adventure - Please move Nitro into the space between Toro and Ka, then bulldoze the entire right side of the park. It's just so big and ugly for its own good. Nitro was a nice surprise, Toro is fantastic, and the areas around it and Ka are really nicely done. Other than that, it was a bleak, bland, and tiresome experience.

4) Six Flags America - I honestly feel this park gets a bit too much hate. It has a really interesting lineup with some really solid rides. Superman, Joker's Jinx, Batwing, and Wild One are all really nice. The back half is a bit of a concrete jungle, but it's nice for what it is. I didn't really have any problem with the staff/clientele, and in fact had some nice conversations. The lack of any real crowds probably helped my experience, too. Objectively it's not the best, but I had some nice experiences here.

5) Six Flags Over Georgia - I wanted to like this park. I wanted to like it so much. But I just had a terrible day. Super understaffed, lots of crowds, and a severe lack of communication between employees and guests. Goliath and Twisted Cyclone were pretty good, Monster Mansion was super cute, and Scorcher was a fantastic standup, but everything else was just so meh. I should probably give this park another go, and hopefully I'll like it some more.

Hutch

Strata Poster
1. Six Flags New England - Would've been at the bottom a few years ago but I've visited enough times to actually have a couple decent visits. Wicked Cyclone is also surprisingly my favorite Six Flags ride I've done, and Superman is great.

2. Six Flags Over Georgia - Fantastic coaster lineup. Twisted Cyclone and Goliath are amazing but of course typical Six Flags management went and tried to ruin the day. Get your ride ops together and it could actually be a decent park.

3. Six Flags Great Adventure - I had a decent time here a few years ago but my most recent visit was god awful. The coaster lineup looks great on paper but that's not the case. Awful staff and management. I'd happily avoid this park in the foreseeable future, unless they get something really, really good.

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
1. Six Flags Over Texas: Not as big as Great America but i thought it was much more charming and scenic. The staff and guest clientele were very friendly and overall i found the park to be just a nice place to be. New Texas Giant and Mr Freeze are also really good, Titan isn't the best but its better than Raging Dull.

2. Six Flags Great America: Not a bad park though i found its staff and overall atmosphere was severely bad compared to the very smiley and upbeat southern atmosphere that Over Texas had. The operations were just pretty bad in general and it kinda held the park back for me. On the upside the coasters beside Raging Dull are pretty great.

Alex B

Mega Poster
1. Six Flags Magic Mountain - Best coaster selection by a mile, a nice park to walk around as well.
2. Six Flags Great America - Great coaster selection, nice to talk around, only criticism is the terrible operations but basically all Six Flags parks seem to suffer from that.
3. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - Nice park, with decent coasters and a good atmosphere.
4. Six Flags Great Adventure - Fantastic coasters, shame the park itself is a complete ****hole with terrible operations.
5. Six Flags New England - A park with an Intamin hyper and an RMC should be a must-visit park but like Great America again, it's a terribly ran dump.
6. Six Flags America - Wasn't as dumpy as I was expecting but the coaster selection was pretty poor.

Gotta be honest, Cedar Fair in my mind pisses all over Six Flags.
I honestly agree with the cedar fair ****s all over six flags part

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
I keep looking at this thread thinking I'll do it someday, then I decide I don't really know - none of them made a good enough impression on me as a park.
They're all just soulless vessels for large quantities of creds (and then some RMC whoring).

So I'll try two different lists and then some maths.
By ride lineup:
1. Six Flags Magic Mountain - My boy TC, plus some other cool rerideable stuff.
2. Six Flags Great Adventure - My boy Toro, plus some generic rerideable stuff.
3. Six Flags Over Georgia - Cyclone then leave, but it has a dark ride
4. Six Flags New England - Cyclone then leave
5. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - Joker then leave
6. Six Flags America - Umm...

And in order of the ones that pissed me off the least:
1. Six Flags America - The woodie was closed for a while, but they fixed it. With hilarious consequences.
2. Six Flags Over Georgia - Queues were too big and too many waspy things. Spited some meh stuff.
3. Six Flags Great Adventure - Turned El Toro into a living nightmare by the end of the day through terrible operations. Ugly, ugly place regardless.
4. Six Flags Magic Mountain - Constantly closing rides here and there when they feel like it because supposedly they've got enough to keep you occupied.
5. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - Denied Joker to my face at opening because I wasn't privileged enough. Then had to queue 90 minutes a pop on 1 train op.
6. Six Flags New England - Denied Wicked Cyclone to my face 5 hours before the park was due to close because they got lazy and went home.

Which leaves us:
5. SFMM
5. SFGAdv
5. SFoG
7. SFA
10. SFNE
10. SFDK

That'll do.
I've probably forgotten one as well.

Coastard69

Roller Poster
1. Six Flags Great America - This is my homepark, so there is a slight bias. However the operations are consistently good, the rides selection is good and varied and it’s there’s something for everybody

2. Six Flags Magic Mountain - Both times I’ve been here the operations have been pretty good. The coaster selection is pretty great and there are some nice areas with scenery/foliage which make it rather nice looking.

3. Six Flags Over Georgia - Slightly confusing layout but very quaint areas with a pretty good coaster selection.

4. Six Flags Great Adventure - Huge park, a little to big for a single day visit. Some great rides, a few “meh” rides.

5. Six Flags St. Louis - Not a great park, but also not a terrible park. Pretty standard, but really needs a headlining attraction.

6. La Ronde - Kind of strange park, cool setting being in the city but prepare yourself for some French-Canadian condescension amongst a rather lackluster ride collection.

7. Six Flags America - Credits...Wild One...Superman...shrug

I can’t rank Six Flags New England appropriately as I literally only rode Superman as a side trip and left immediately after.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Updated my list since I visited another back in August and the chain has expanded...sorta:

1. Six Flags Magic Mountain
  2. Six Flags New England
  3. Six Flags over Georgia
  4. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
  5. Six Flags Great Adventure
  6. Six Flags Mexico
  7. Darien Lake - Visited twice in the past two years and I did not find the park bad by any stretch. The coasters could certainly benefit from extra trains, but the park was fairly clean, lush, and just has a laid back feel to it.
  8. Six Flags St. Louis
  9. Six Flags Great America
  10. La Ronde
  11. The Great Escape - It's a beautiful park, but aside from that and Comet, it's a waste. The ride lineup is horrendous and the park layout is confusing as hell. Basically, its scenery is the only thing keeping it from being last on the list.
  12. Six Flags America

1. Six Flags Fiesta Texas
  2. Six Flags Magic Mountain
  3. Six Flags New England
  4. Six Flags over Georgia
  5. Six Flags Over Texas
  6. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
  7. Six Flags Great Adventure
  8. Six Flags Mexico
  9. Darien Lake
  10. Six Flags St. Louis
  11. Six Flags Great America
  12. La Ronde
  13. The Great Escape
  14. Six Flags America

Even though it's at the top of the list, I did struggle a bit with ranking Fiesta Texas at the top. A great afternoon quickly had the damper put on by Fright Fest crowds, and missing out on Iron Rattler certainly didn't help. Yet, when thinking objectively about the park compared to the rest, it really is a relatively pleasant, pretty park to visit.

And the shocker...how is Over Texas THAT high? I'll admit that we had an incredible day at the park with minimal crowds and mostly walk ons. I thought the park had a decent ride lineup and I also appreciated the original vision of the park, which is still present with each land. I fully expect a day of frustration whenever I visit again - I can see how a day there can turn into a nightmare.

And that's all of them except for one...Frontier City. I originally planned on visiting this past week until I found out that the park was closed the one weekend I'd be in OKC. Oh well.