Slut for Spinners
Social Media Team
We have the B&M flyer thread in this forum so why not have this one? I remember this topic existed maybe six years ago...and I can't find it anymore...so why not restart it. B&M's inverted design has been one of the most successful roller coaster designs in history. How many have you ridden and where do you rank each?
- Banshee - What's not to love? It's a massive, long ride with fantastically strong forces and perfect weightlessness where there's supposed to be weightlessness.
- Alpengeist - It's quite a lot like Banshee, but less refined. The mid-course brakes and second half water down the ride a bit.
- Flight Deck (California's Great America) - It's a small and hardly talked about invert but holy **** it packs a serious punch. Even the s-bend above the station is intense.
- Montu - Another unrefined B&M legend that has aged tremendously well with a layout that's second to none.
- Afterburn - Very similar to Montu. It's ultra intense and has a wonderful layout.
- Vampire/Batman: The Ride (La Ronde, SFMM, SFOG, SFSTl, SFGAm, SFGAdv) - It was cloned multiple times for good reason. Although it's on the shorter side, it has a quality layout.
- Patriot - It has four excellent inversions, especially it's amazing 0-g roll. It does wane a bit in intensity when compared to those above it.
- Dueling Dragons - Fire - It was really sad to see both Dragons get scrapped. Fire was the more intense of the two and featured a more interesting layout. I loved that wrap around immelmann.
- Raptor - It certainly is not a bad ride but I am a bit jaded.
- Silver Bullet - I don't get the hatred thrown at it. It isn't Banshee but it'll still hit you in the mouth.
- Dueling Dragons - Ice - While not as intense as Fire, the quick turns, cobra roll, and 0-g roll provided a fast paced ride.
- Talon - It's been 14 years...and it was not very memorable
- Great Bear - It's just too short. Give it another 1,000 feet and it'll be higher on the list.