What's new

Rank the Schwarzkopf Loopers

Hutch

Strata Poster
Time for another "Rank the xxx" thread!

1. Mind Bender - Good drops with some nice airtime, solid loops, and decent location. Not much wrong with it really.
2. SooperDooperLooper - My first Schwarzy, but nothing real special. It rides more like a mine train after the loop, but it was still fairly fun.
3. Scorpion - Bit jolty in some of those transitions. I'd probably still ride it again on a return visit but I'm not too fussed about it.

Last edited:

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Yaayyy! List topics <3

1 - Mindbender - Galaxyland... Maaannn this coaster was so good.
2 - Mind Bender - Six Flags Over Georgia
3 - (new) Revolution - Six Flags Magic Mountain
4 - Shockwave - Six Flags Over Texas
5 - SooperDooperLooper - Hersheypark
6 - Colossus the Fire Dragon - Lagoon
7 - Doppel Looping - Conklin Shows
8 - Laser - Dorney Park
9 - Scorpion - Busch Gardens Tampa
10 - Looping Star - Vidámpark
11 - Silver Bullet - Frontier City
12 - Montezooma's Revenge - Knott's Berry Farm
13 - Greezed Lightnin' - Kentucky Kingdom

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
1. Olympia Looping
2. Teststrecke
3, Nessie Superrollercoaster
4. Scorpion
5. Sooperdooperlooper

Think those are all the looping ones I've done. None of them are bad. Namesake comes in at number 4 but used to be my favourite.

Efan

Mega Poster
1. Nessie
2. Teststrecke

I liked both these rides but I certainly prefer Nessie to Teststrecke - idk why

Edward M

Strata Poster
  1. Mind Bender, SFOG: a favorite of mine, great mix of old school positive and negative Gs
  2. New Revolution: Gotta give credit to the first one, plus it looks very nice post refurb
  3. SooperDooperLooper: great loop and then some nice meandering
  4. Scorpion: solid enough

Peet

Giga Poster
1. Olympia Looping
2. Turbine
3. Katapul
4. Revolution (SFMM)

All good rides that seem to stay smooth and reliable as they get older.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
1. Nessie Superrollercoaster - legit airtime, lap bar loop, interaction with roland, the fish, the speed sign... everything about it.
2. Olympia Looping - very good, but not lap bar and ain't no nessie
3. New Revolution - bit of terrainy fun
4. Looping Star - is what it is
5. Montezooma's Revenge - liked the launch sequence
6. Shuttle Loop - is what it is
7. Psyke Underground - didn't like the launch sequence

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
1. Mind Bender (SFOG) - this thing is legit, really impressive it had such a creative layout for its feature set.
a lot of room
2. Sooperdooperlooper (Hershey) - I was very surprised by this coaster - expecting a slow and meandering ride, but actually gave a solid ride experience, dug into the hillside.
3. Revolution (SFMM) - Again, impressive layout (especially compared to what Arrow was churning out simultaneously), and my 100th roller coaster!
4. Laser (Dorney) - This thing was very powerful, and my first Schwarzkopf looper overall. I (not so fondly) recall graying out during each ride. :p
5. Silver Bullet (Frontier City) - Smaller version of Laser, but still plenty of power.
6. Montezooma’s Revenge (Knott's) - I think my only flywheel launch I've ever ridden, had a different launch experience versus magnetic and hydraulic options. Still, it's slower, smaller than modern options; impressive Knott's still finds a fit for it in their ride lineup (alongside Jaguar! none the less)

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
1. Mindbender - Galaxyland. One of six coasters I've ridden that I would rank a 10/10. One of the most insane, twisted first drops of any coaster; the two most forceful inversions I've ever experienced on a coaster; and last but not least it has a satisfyingly long and consistently intense ride layout, even complete with a pop of ejector air!
2. Mind Bender - Six Flags Over Georgia. Still a very good coaster, I just can't describe what makes me attached to this ride. Maybe it's the relaxing layout that winds through the treetops, or the two decently intense vertical loops, or the smooth sensation of a Schwarzkopf creation?

Last edited:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm going to throw the shuttle loops together since they're not massively different.

1. Quimera/Magnum Force - It was one of my favourites for a very long time, and, luckily, still held up on reriding last year.
2. Bullet - See above
3. Mind Bender (SFOG) - Wasn't expecting much, but really liked it.
4. Shockwave (SFOT) - Similar reasoning to above, but not as good.
5. Nessie Superrollercoaster - It's not amazing, but the pop of airtime is decent.
6-11. Shuttle Loop / Montezooma's Revenge / Psyke Underground / Golden Loop / ThunderLooper / Cascobel - They're pretty fun.
12. Looping Star - Whatever. Nothing wrong with it.
13. Scorpion - as above
14. Testrekke - Overrated. Does nothing.
15. Revolution - I don't care about the history of it; it's crap.
16. Sooperdooperlooper - Boring.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I feel like CanobieFan and I are the only two guys that have ridden Mindbender on here. The only reason why I have the credit is because I have family that live in Edmonton, so...

Coaster Cinema

Mega Poster
1. Mind Bender - Six Flags Over Georgia
2. Shock Wave - Six Flags Over Texas
3. Montezooma's Revenge - Knott's Berry Farm
4. Revolution - Six Flags Magic Mountain
5. Silver Bullet - Frontier City
6. SooperDooperLooper - Hersheypark
7. Scorpion - Busch Gardens Africa

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'll toast to what Canobiefan said!

1. Montaña Triple Loop, La Feria Chepultepec Magico - ask me what's the most intense coaster I've been on and this will top that list. It's unbelievably relentless.
  2. Mindbender, Six Flags Over Georgia - Soooooo good! Both loops and the diving helix are incredibly powerful elements, and the ride throws a bit of airtime in as well.
  3. Revolution, Six Flags Magic Mountain - yeah, it only has one loop, but the ride has a ton of substance with all its twists, turns, and terrain interaction.
  4. Laser, Dorney Park - fairly standard rendition of Schwarzkopf's semi permanent rides.
  5. Scorpion, Busch Gardens Tampa - Same as Laser but with one less loop. Still holds up well for its age.
  6. Montezooma's Revenge, Knott's Berry Farm - deserving of its recently earned landmark status.
  7. Cascabel, La Feria Chepultepec Magico - another good shuttle loop.
  8. Sooperdooperlooper, Hersheypark - aside from the loop, this ride doesn't do much else. Definitely an outlier on the wrong end for Mr Schwarzkopf.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
1. Mindbender - Galaxyland. One of six coasters I've ridden that I would rank a 10/10. One of the most insane, twisted first drops of any coaster; the two most forceful inversions I've ever experienced on a coaster; and last but not least it has a satisfyingly long and consistently intense ride layout, even complete with a pop of ejector air!
2. Mind Bender - Six Flags Over Georgia. Still a very good coaster, I just can't describe what makes me attached to this ride. Maybe it's the relaxing layout that winds through the treetops, or the two decently intense vertical loops, or the smooth sensation of a Schwarzkopf creation?
UPDATE:
1. Mindbender (Galaxyland)
2. Mind Bender (Six Flags Over Georgia)
3. Sooperdooperlooper (Unfortunately, I forgot this one in my previous post.)
4. Scorpion

Tomatron

Giga Poster
1. Mindbender (Galaxyland)
2. Magnum Force
3. Bullet
4. Olympia Looping
5. Mindbender (SFOG)
6. Turbine/Greezed Lightnin'/Montezooma's Revenge
7. Scorpion/Twist & Shout
8. Colossus The Fire Dragon/Testrecke
9. Looping Star and the various clones
10. Revolution
11: Sooperdooperlooper

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'll toast to what Canobiefan said!

1. Montaña Triple Loop, La Feria Chepultepec Magico - ask me what's the most intense coaster I've been on and this will top that list. It's unbelievably relentless.
  2. Mindbender, Six Flags Over Georgia - Soooooo good! Both loops and the diving helix are incredibly powerful elements, and the ride throws a bit of airtime in as well.
  3. Revolution, Six Flags Magic Mountain - yeah, it only has one loop, but the ride has a ton of substance with all its twists, turns, and terrain interaction.
  4. Laser, Dorney Park - fairly standard rendition of Schwarzkopf's semi permanent rides.
  5. Scorpion, Busch Gardens Tampa - Same as Laser but with one less loop. Still holds up well for its age.
  6. Montezooma's Revenge, Knott's Berry Farm - deserving of its recently earned landmark status.
  7. Cascabel, La Feria Chepultepec Magico - another good shuttle loop.
  8. Sooperdooperlooper, Hersheypark - aside from the loop, this ride doesn't do much else. Definitely an outlier on the wrong end for Mr Schwarzkopf.

1. Montaña Triple Loop - La Feria Chepultepec Magico
  2. Mindbender - Six Flags Over Georgia
  3. Shockwave - Six Flags Over Texas
  4. Revolution - Six Flags Magic Mountain
  5. Laser - Dorney Park
  6. Scorpion - Busch Gardens Tampa
  7. Montezooma's Revenge - Knott's Berry Farm
  8. Cascabel - La Feria Chepultepec Magico
  9. Sooperdooperlooper - Hersheypark

Basically ranking Shockwave below Mindbender just to rustle @tomahawk's jimmies. Shockwave, like Mindbender, is a fantastic ride, and my opinion on which is better will probably change with my mood. Both rides have excellent loops - Shockwave with the double loop, but Mindbender has the high-G diving helix...but Mindbender doesn't really have the airtime that Shockwave has. Again, great rides.