4. Twisted Timbers
5. RailBlazer
6. Storm Chaser
7. Wicked Cyclone
8. Twisted Colossus
9. Joker

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
How was this and how many rides did you get on during this time? I'll be doing the exact same thing in a few weeks so you can imagine my excitement.
I got 2 rides on Maverick and 3 on Steel Vengeance. They emptied out the normal queue for each coaster before letting passholders in, which took about 80-90 minutes for SV, so you will have to wait a while past closing to get on. Still, I’d recommend getting in the queue around closing time as that may mean an extra ride when ERT starts, plus you may get a seat on the rocks near the ride and watching it cycle from there did help pass the time. Once they opened it for us I got on straightaway for my first ride, then waited around 15-20 minutes for my second and third rides (which is obviously a lot shorter than the normal queue is during the day!). Maverick was walk-on.

Honestly, it was fantastic. Those 3 rides were the best ones I had on SV all visit. Top-of-the-top quality stuff! Hope you enjoy :D

Hutch

Strata Poster
I got 2 rides on Maverick and 3 on Steel Vengeance. They emptied out the normal queue for each coaster before letting passholders in, which took about 80-90 minutes for SV, so you will have to wait a while past closing to get on. Still, I’d recommend getting in the queue around closing time as that may mean an extra ride when ERT starts, plus you may get a seat on the rocks near the ride and watching it cycle from there did help pass the time. Once they opened it for us I got on straightaway for my first ride, then waited around 15-20 minutes for my second and third rides (which is obviously a lot shorter than the normal queue is during the day!). Maverick was walk-on.

Honestly, it was fantastic. Those 3 rides were the best ones I had on SV all visit. Top-of-the-top quality stuff! Hope you enjoy :D
I can't ****ing wait.

That's useful information to know though. Appreciate that. Riding Steel Vengeance at midnight sounds insane. I'll be sure to hit it up earlier in the day though for my first ride.

Coaster Cinema

Mega Poster
New ones in bold
1. Lightning Rod - Dollywood
2. Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
3. Twisted Timbers - Kings Dominion
4. Twisted Colossus - Six Flags Magic Mountain
5. New Texas Giant - Six Flags Over Texas
6. Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
7. Iron Rattler - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
8. Goliath - Six Flags Great America
9. Joker - Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Edward M

Strata Poster
Well, after adding two RMCs to the mix, I can finally update! Edit: forgot Wildfire.
Ridden in bold

1. Steel Vengeance
  2. Lightning Rod
  3. Medusa Steel Coaster
  4. Outlaw Run
  5. RMC Raptors
  6. Wildfire
  7. Twisted Cyclone
  8. Goliath, SFGAm
  9. Storm Chaser
  10. Wicked Cyclone
  11. Iron Rattler
  12. Twisted Timbers
  13. Joker
  14. New Texas Giant
  15. Twisted Colossus

Some new additions and a reorder, also just counting ones I've done now. I rank my favorite coasters usually, but I'm gonna try and be more objective here.
  1. Steel Vengeance - Duh. I'm almost irritated that it's my number one, as it's just so common. But I don't think anything else could take its place either.
  2. Lightning Rod - Quad Down.
  3. Untamed - Certainly better than Outlaw, which has a soft spot for me. It's chock full of airtime and is probably the best RMC, element for element. Not a moment is wasted, and its inversions are wholly unique.
  4. Outlaw Run - Fast, ferocious, and close to my heart. Its final barrel rolls have aged poorly, but everything before that is among RMC's best.
  5. Wildfire - Has some real pacing issues, but it has my favorite non-quad down element on any ride: that stall <3 <3. Its terrain gives it an undeniable beauty that also helps elevate the ride.
  6. Storm Chaser - Maybe has RMC's most intense airtime in those final bunny hops as well as having a longer layout that doesn't die out (see two below)
  7. Twisted Cyclone - It may be short, but it packs quite a punch. That wave turn alone really helps.
  8. Wicked Cyclone - Damn solid, but it really dies out by the last lap around the structure.
  9. Iron Rattler - Everything interacting with the quarry is amazing. That part on top is what really hurts it for me.
  10. Twisted Colossus - Feels like two halves of an RMC. Never got to see it duel, which certainly didn't help.

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
1. Steel Vengeance
2. NTG
3. Goliath (SGAM) (if longer would be #2)

I have to say despite having sky-high expectations for Vengeance i came off the ride in pure shock, this coaster is a pure airtime machine with literally so much ejector air it will hurt your legs! Utter relentless ride, currently my favourite ride, period.
NTG is fun but overall nowhere near as intense as SV or even Goliath, though its long length and more airtime than Goliath make it #2.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
1. SteeeeVe! Still the daddy. Other RMC's are fantastic and, technically, just as well paced, but it's the sheer size of the thing and the mammoth ride time that keep it at the top. It's just a monster.

2. Untamed. Pretty much perfection. I can't think of a single complaint, not even a petty one. In every measurable way this is a 10/10 coaster. It's just... Stevie Boy is an 11.

3. Outlaw Run. Almost perfect. Barrell roll finale isn't the best, but it's still one helluva wild ride, in a stunning location.

4. Wildfire. It's like a bigger version of Outlaw Run in an even more stunning location, but it doesn't quite haul ass as much as those above, especially towards the end.

5. Storm Chaser. It's mental, ain't no doubt about that, but it's just kinda plonked there, on a flat piece of land full of weeds, overlooking a road and a tyre shop. There's no sense of occasion about it. It's just a coaster in a place. Fortunately it's a bloody good one.

6. Goliath. Too short. Seems kinda basic compared to some of the others. Newer RMC's pack more airtime hills into the home stretch than Goliath has in its whole layout. But hey, y'know, a back row night ride on this thing is still something to be savoured.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
After going to Six Flags Fiesta Texas last weekend, here's my updated rankings:

1. Wonder Woman
2. Twisted Cyclone
3. Iron Rattler
4. New Texas Giant
5. Lightning Rod

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
You don’t like l-rod?
Alas, I'm not as much of a fan of it as most others are. I haven't had the most consistent riding experiences with it; my first rides in 2016 were utterly spectacular, but not without severe pain to my thighs. In the following March, I was stapled to the point that I was not able to get any airtime on Lightning Rod, even its quadruple down. After being spited by it in an August 2017 visit, I returned to Dollywood once more in December 2017. I scored a ride on Lightning Rod; however, it wasn't as intense as I'd remembered it, and the airtime seemed to be a little less powerful. That being said, though, Lightning Rod is definitely a great coaster and by no means am I implying that it isn't.

.Ac.

Mega Poster
After much thought and dilation, my riden RMC are ranked as follows :

1. Untamed

Need more of them in my life.

1. Steel Vengeance - Always going be hard to beat with out going to Japan.
2. Untamed
3. Golaith - Sadly just that bit to short.

Bring on Zadra next month.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Was sure I'd already posted...

1 - Wicked cyclone - doesn't appear to be anything spectacular on paper, but just flows so nicely, and is so reridable

2 - Untamed - A very special ride, relentless and brutal, those shin cripplers make it a bit too uncomfortable to be number 1 though

3 - Wildfire - Probably the best opening pair of elements on any coaster ever, but just falls a little flat after those.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I can't ****ing wait.
It was worth it.

1. Steel Vengeance - There isn't a whole lot to say that hasn't been said on here, but it's really the length and amount of elements packed in here that push it to the top.

2. Lightning Rod - If we're looking at the quality of elements, this one probably has the best: looking at the quad down, wave turn, and banked air hill in particular. Honestly if this was longer or I had had a night ride it might be #1.

3. Storm Chaser - Got to experience it running much faster, and it's amazing. Probably has the most violent airtime on any coaster ever, but also a great mix of hills and inversions.

4. Wicked Cyclone - I don't think there's an issue with the pacing at all, unless it's first thing in the morning. Some great airtime and great inversions, just can't touch the top three.

5. Twisted Cyclone - Only got one ride so it doesn't seem fair to rank it properly. It was impressive though and had some strong airtime. It is a little short but if it were any longer and the pacing would've dwindled out. It's tricky given the momentum it has.

Alessio

Roller Poster
My Top 4 RMCs that I have ridden

1. Steel Vengeance - obviously, long, insane Airtime, incredible ride
2. Wildfire - perfect setting, several incredible elements and an overall fantastic experience
3. Untamed - way better than expected, perfect layout with awesome inversions and Airtime moments
4. Twisted Timbers - only got 3 rides in the morning but the airtime was awesome and I really enjoyed it

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
  1. Steel Vengeance
  2. Lightning Rod
  3. Outlaw Run
  4. Goliath
  5. Storm Chaser
  6. Twisted Cyclone
  7. Joker
  8. Wicked Cyclone
  9. Twisted Colossus

Managed to get a couple laps on the itty bitty RMC and I walked away impressed. It was short, but not too short. It shows that RMC is continuing to Sprint after hitting their stride a few years ago. Every element flowed perfectly with weightlessness in the rolls and ejector airtime over every hill. I don't think it can overtake Storm Chaser, but it's damn good.

1. Steel Vengeance
  2. Lightning Rod
  3. Outlaw Run
  4. Goliath
  5. Wonder Woman
  6. Storm Chaser
  7. Twisted Cyclone
  8. Joker
  9. Wicked Cyclone
  10. New Texas Giant
  11. Twisted Colossus

Gal Gadot. I have seen the light. I still cannot believe how rambunctious the ride was. I'm actually still processing it so it's tough to properly rank it. The only thing to knock it for is it's length. Gal is just a smidge too short, but luckily RMC will be answering that with Jersey Devil next year.

New Texas Giant is not last. I think a lot of that has to do with the ride simply igniting a revolution in the industry, but the ride itself is great. The turns in the first half were way more fun than I expected, and even though the airtime isn't bat**** intense like all of the other rides on the list, there's still plenty of it. It's RMC greatness, just the most unrefined of the lot.

Lastly, **** Six Flags' ineptitude with operations. I missed out on Iron Rattler...I'll detail why in my eventual trip report.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Well there's a nice round number for now.

1. Twisted Colossus - Still the king surprisingly. I'm using pain as the measure for intensity (in a good way) and nothing has come close to hurting my legs (and neck?!) with airtime as much as this thing did. The out of control-ness out of the high-five hasnt been matched either, in a ride type that starts to feel a little calculated and clinical the more you delve into it. There's also several rides below that suffer from the feeling of hitting the brakes and wanting more. You hit the brakes on this thing. Then you get more. The easy way.
2. Hakugei - Never quite as wild as the Timbers, but it felt a consistently better ride at all times of day in all parts of the train. It has more to offer and what it offers is a slightly closer to perfect mix of elements. It did lack character for me and maybe has one zero-g too many so that, combined with not being the most intense, holds it back from the top spot.
3. Twisted Timbers - Closest experience to the above in intensity, but weirdly not on every single lap without fail. Sometimes I'd hit the brakes not knowing what to do with myself, sometimes I'd just be thinking 'that was cool'. The big 3 hills are stupidly sublime, as was the outwards banked hill through the structure (though sadly this never got better than the 1st lap when not knowing it was there). It just keeps going and going in such an amazing fashion, but doesn't quite manage to have every single element hit the spot, like the 3 overbanks are a bit silly (and poorly balanced towards one side of the train).
4. Wicked Cyclone - Didn't get as much out of this as I would have liked (thanks again Six Flags), so it's harder to big it up. Got the right amount of length again, and the way it flows and bounces between the mixture of inversions and airtime is just beautiful. The wonky hills in particular are some of the best in the business.
5. Lightning Rod - Aww. I wanted this to be the best thing ever, but it wasn't. Expectations may have let me down slightly as I thought it was going to be one of the bigger RMCs feat. quad down, but it's actually short and quad down is 50% of the ride. The first half is a little too underwhelming for the rest of it and then just when it gets absolutely amazing, it ends.
6. Untamed - Not the most intense and contains noticeably weaker sections than any of the above. Still gives an amazing, lengthy ride that delivers a lot of incredible moments. My head says it's objectively better than the Rod, but my heart just won't let that happen at this moment. Lack of character again.
7. Twisted Cyclone - What it does is as good as its wicked and timber brothers, just half the length. Favourite bit was the immensely intense hill out of the sideways thing that you don't really see coming from the back.
8. Railblazer - Due to the wackiness and more intense airtime moments, but just really short and maybe slightly elevated by being a completely fresh experience and only doing back row at night every time.
9. Joker - Didn't manage to fall for it. Could partly be the parks fault. Higher quantity of fun elements throughout than Wildfire off the top of my head, but nothing that stands out quite as much.
10. Wildfire - Kicked into the dirt (of the top 30) even further now that Lightning Rod feels like wood and this doesn't. Still every one I've ridden since has those ingredients of what makes RMC amazing. This just doesn't do that stuff. Why?

Howie

Donkey in a hat
New in bold.

1. SteeeeVe! Still the daddy. Other RMC's are fantastic and, technically, just as well paced, but it's the sheer size of the thing and the mammoth ride time that keep it at the top. It's just a monster.

2. Untamed. Pretty much perfection. I can't think of a single complaint, not even a petty one. Loved it. In every measurable way this is a 10/10 coaster. It's just... Stevie Boy is an 11.

3. Outlaw Run. Almost perfect. Barrell roll finale isn't the best, but it's still one helluva wild ride, in a stunning location.

4. Wildfire. It's like a bigger version of Outlaw Run in an even more stunning location, but it doesn't quite haul ass as much as those above, especially towards the end.

5. Railblazer. I feel like this deserves to be a bit higher, what with it being such an exciting new concept and so radically different to anything we've seen before, not to mention the speeeeeed, but I can't legitimately say that this is a better ride than Wildfire with a clear conscience. But it's good, damn good!

6. Storm Chaser. It's mental, ain't no doubt about that, but it's just kinda plonked there, on a flat piece of land full of weeds, overlooking a road and a tyre shop. There's no sense of occasion about it. It's just a coaster in a place. Fortunately it's a bloody good one.

7. Joker. On paper, this does everything right, airtime, inversions, pacing etc... and it's a ton of fun but... I dunno, it's lacking a certain something. Doesn't really have any surprises, there's nothing new here, it's a by-the-numbers RMC, if there is such a thing.

8. Goliath. Too short. Seems kinda basic compared to some of the others. Newer RMC's pack more airtime into the home stretch than Goliath has in its whole layout. But hey, y'know, a back row night ride on this thing is still something to be savoured.

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
1) Untamed - Relentless ejector, a feeling I seem to enjoy more than some. It feels like the elements and force just keep coming one after another in rapid succession, not a single dull moment at all. 10/10

2) Zadra -Fast... FAST... FAST... and that drop in the back is heaven. Excellent blend of elements, with a nice balance of forces, starts floaty and ends stronger. My first stall was incredible, so high up, I loved the sensation of tilting my head up and looking straight down at the ground. 10/10

That’s it... FOR NOW! Hoping to get Gwazi and Wildfire next year.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
1. Steel Vengeance
2. Wicked Cyclone
3. Twisted Timbers

Update! New in bold!

1. Steel Vengeance- It's sheer size, speed and view from the top mean it maintains it's top position, but only just.

2. Zadra- Spent a while considering whether this was better than Steve or not because I had a really great front row ride on it. It's like a mash up of Steve and Goliath and less jolty/wobbly than some other RMCs which I don't like. Really good ride.

3. Goliath- Super short but I like the swoopy bits like the big stall and dive loop. Less wiggly than some so it gets points there.

4. Untamed- In my head I had this as a smaller RMC than the US ones I'd done but turns out it's about the same size as a lot of the smaller ones. The layout seems more refined than some with less jerky bits and more smooth sections. I particularly like the double inversion thing at the start and the first few elements. Leagues better than Robin Hood!

5. Wicked Cyclone- Good ride, but can't remember anything that was really amazing just a general good ride really.

6. Storm Chaser- Only ranks above TT because of the really nice zero-g roll (?) about halfway through. The rest is super wibbly and not to my taste.

7. Twisted Timbers- Ranking last as didn't have any super standout parts for me and has a couple of gross wonky turns (that one where it starts off going one way and changes direction at the last min ewww) and jerky airtime hills. I remember thinking the first half was decent though.